Favorite Movie Scenes / Lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you 'r gonna get".:p

watched Ocean's Twelve last night - just thought this was funny:

Danny Ocean (George Clooney): [watching "Happy Days" dubbed in Italian] That guy doing Potsie is unbelievable.

said while he & Rusty (Brad Pitt) are sitting drinking red wine, eyes glued to the tv, and said it matter of factly with a straight face

The last scenes in Thelma & Louise and Tremors:

T&L: "Let's just keep going,....."

Tremors: "Can you fly, asshole???"

+++

The dance contest scene in Saturday Night Fever - CLASSIC!!!!!

nbcrusader said:
30m.jpg

I can't narrow it to just one.

And that's the fact, Jack!
If you're gonna pick one, it would have to be between the scene where they're all getting to know each other the first night of boot camp:
"Lee Harvey, you are a madman, that story about when you and your friend stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow...I wanna party with you!"
"I swallowed a lot of aggression, along with a lot of pizzas"
"The name's Francis Sawyer, but my friends call me Psycho...any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill ya...and I don't want any of you touching my stuff, any of you homos touch me or my stuff, and I'll kill ya"
"Lighten up Francis" "You just made the list"

Or the graduation ceremony scene:
"Why'd the chicken cross the road?...To get from the left to the right. RIGHT! Stepped out of rank, got hit by a tank now he ain't no chicken no more."

"Where is you drill seargeant soldier?"
"Blown up, Sir!"

I can't believe these haven't been mentioned yet, but pretty much anything from The Princess Bride or Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail is absolutely priceless!

A few favourites:

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

"Ask me anything, and it will be yours." "I want my father back, you son of a bitch!"

"I died that day, and you can die too for all I care." Aaaasss yyooouu wiiiishh." "Oh my sweet Wesley, what have I done?!"

"Your father was a hampster, and your mother smelled of elderberries."

"We are the nights who say Nigh!"

"It's merely a flesh wound."

I could go on and on, but I'll stop.

One of my favourites scenes is from the end of Anne of Green Gables, when Anne and Gilbert are standing on the bridge. Gilbert says: "It will be three years before I'll finish my medical course. And even then there will be no diamond sunburts and marble halls." Anne replies: "I don't want sunbursts and marble halls - I just want you." :swoons:

Okay, I'm a hopeless romantic, and I just LOVE that scene.

I guess I killed this thread. :(

Had to mention this, since I just saw Bridget Jones on TV.

Bridget: "Wait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that!"
Mark: "Oh yes they fucking do!"

no you didn't Thora!

Runaway Bride - some of my fave quotes:

[Maggie has just left her groom standing at the altar, and has jumped aboard a FedEx truck]
Ellie: Where is she going?
Fisher: I don't know, but she'll be there by 10:30 tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maggie Carpenter: [on the perfect proposal] Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maggie Carpenter: A girl can't get married in flannel!

INT. BEAUTY SALON -

Maggie talks to Peggy, Cindy and Grandma Julia. Grandma Julia
sits under a hair dryer. Sprout, the dog, sits in his basket.

CINDY: I love his eyes. I just believe they're listening to you.
PEGGY: His hair... any color.
GRANDMA JULIA: I like his tight butt.
MAGGIE: Grandma!
GRANDMA JULIA: Well I do!

:giggle:

ThoraSEB said:
I guess I killed this thread. :(

Had to mention this, since I just saw Bridget Jones on TV.

Bridget: "Wait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that!"
Mark: "Oh yes they fucking do!"

ANYTHING with Colin Firth :drool: He could read the freakin yellow pages aloud. :drool: "I like you just the way you are."

I love the fight scenes from both Bridget Jones I and II

ThoraSEB said:
A few favourites:

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

"Ask me anything, and it will be yours." "I want my father back, you son of a bitch!"

"I died that day, and you can die too for all I care." Aaaasss yyooouu wiiiishh." "Oh my sweet Wesley, what have I done?!"
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

"INCONCEIVABLE!"

"Liar!! Liii -arrrrr!! Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!"

Fezzick: "How do I kill the Man in Black?"
Vincini: "Do it your way!"
Fezzick: "What's my way?"
Vincini: "Hide behind the boulder with a large rock; when the Man in Black passes, throw the large rock at his head!"
Fezzick: "My way isn't very sportsman like."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YellowKite said:

ANYTHING with Colin Firth :drool: He could read the freakin yellow pages aloud. :drool: "I like you just the way you are."

:yes: That man is sex on a stick. :drool:

He has some good lines in Love Actually, another of my favourites, but I can't think of any of them word for word. I love his proposal scene, where he says he learned Portugese "just in cases" or something along those lines. Adorable! :love:

From Pirates of the Caribbean (can't remember it exactly):

Jack Sparrow: "I think we've come to an excellent place here, spiritually, emotionally, ecumenically..." :giggle:

I know I totally butchered it, but I don't have the patience to scroll thru the DVD to check, but those lines are hilarious.

I love the lines you included too, BluRmGrl! :D

Last edited:
TRAUTMAN
John, this is Trautman -- where the
hell are you?

Rambo leans closer to the microphone, but still remains
silent.

TRAUTMAN (V.O.)
Johnny, come in!

Rambo shifts his gaze to Podovsk, then his eyes harden
into orbs of defiant granite.

RAMBO
... Murdock.

TRAUTMAN (V.O.)
He's here!

Murdock moves forward, his body stiff with apprehension --
Trautman hands him the microphone. Murdock looks around
as all eyes are riveted on him.

MURDOCK
Rambo -- This is Murdock -- we're
glad you're alive... where are you?
Give us your position and we'll come
and get you, over.

Rambo leans forward until his lips nearly touch the
microphone. (Lightning and THUNDER effect.)

RAMBO
(chilling)
... Murdock, I'm coming to get you.

-- Rambo II -- Best scene ever :up:

ThoraSEB said:

:yes: That man is sex on a stick. :drool:

He has some good lines in Love Actually, another of my favourites, but I can't think of any of them word for word. I love his proposal scene, where he says he learned Portugese "just in cases" or something along those lines. Adorable! :love:

From Pirates of the Caribbean (can't remember it exactly):

Jack Sparrow: "I think we've come to an excellent place here, spiritually, emotionally, ecumenically..." :giggle:

I know I totally butchered it, but I don't have the patience to scroll thru the DVD to check, but those lines are hilarious.

I love the lines you included too, BluRmGrl! :D

Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.
Jack Sparrow: I want you to know that I was rooting for you. Know that.
[to Commodore Norrington]
Jack Sparrow: Elizabeth... it would never have worked between us darling. I'm sorry... Will... nice hat. Friends... This is the day that you will ALWAYS remember as the day that you...
[backs up and trips over ledge]

www.imdb.com :up:

"You know I wish he hadn't been buried there, in the back garden. I wish he'd been buried somewhere where I COULDN'T have gone... you know, I dunno why, it's just one of those things..."

[fades into "Bad"]

-Rattle & Hum

:drool:

This scene from The American President:

President Andrew Shepherd: You're attracted to me, but the idea of physical intimacy is uncomfortable because you only know me as the President. But it's not always going to be that way, and the reason I know that is there was a moment last night when you were with ME, not the President. And I know what a big step that was for you. So, Sydney, I'm in no rush. Here's my plan. We're going to slow down, and when you're comfortable, that's when it's going to happen.

[Sydney emerges from the bathroom wearing nothing but one of his shirts]

President Andrew Shepherd: Perhaps I didn't properly explain the fundamentals of the slowdown plan.

Sydney Ellen Wade: [feeling the bed] No, you explained it great.

President Andrew Shepherd: Are you nervous?

Sydney Ellen Wade: No.

President Andrew Shepherd: Good. My nervousness exists on... several levels. Number one, and this is in no particular order, I haven't done this in a pretty long time. Number two, uh, any expectations that you might have, given the fact that I'm... you know...

Sydney Ellen Wade: [approaching seductively] The most powerful man in the world?

President Andrew Shepherd: Exactly, thank you. I think it's important you remember that's a political distinction that comes with the office. I mean, if, uh, Eisenhower were here instead of me, he'd be dead by now.

a_bening.jpg

From Bring It On :reject: Cheesy but so hilarious!

"If we're gonna be the best, we've gotta get the best. And Missy's the poo, so take a big whiff."

"I'm sexy, I'm cute, I'm popular to boot! I'm bitchin', great hair, the boys all love to stare. I'm wanted, I'm hot, I'm everything you're not... I'm major, I roar, I swear I'm not a whore. We cheer and we lead, we act like we're on speed!"

"You're having cheer sex with him!"

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded. What you do is a tiny, pathetic subset of dancing."

"People say you should not mix music and politics or sport and politics; Well I think that's kinda bullshite"

Adam Clayton's intro to Bullet the Blue Sky
Rattle and Hum

Edge: "What's the film about?"

Larry: "It's a musical journey"--- cracks up laughing

Edge: "It's about music, I hope. At least that's what you said it was going to be"
*band cracks up laughing*

*seque into Exit*

:drool:

ThoraSEB said:
From Bring It On :reject: Cheesy but so hilarious!

"If we're gonna be the best, we've gotta get the best. And Missy's the poo, so take a big whiff."

"I'm sexy, I'm cute, I'm popular to boot! I'm bitchin', great hair, the boys all love to stare. I'm wanted, I'm hot, I'm everything you're not... I'm major, I roar, I swear I'm not a whore. We cheer and we lead, we act like we're on speed!"

"You're having cheer sex with him!"

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded. What you do is a tiny, pathetic subset of dancing."

:laugh:

My favorite is the classic:

"Bring it on!"

"Oh it's already been broughten..."

So many classic moments in so many movies....they just keep popping up:

++

The Shining:
Jack Nicholson poking his head thru the chopped door: "Heeeeeeeere's Johnny!!!"

Aliens:
The flight scene between Ripley and the alien queen:
"Get away from her you BITCH!"

Plus of course the scene in the first one where the creature bursts out of John Hurt's chest...WOW.

Star Wars:
When princess Lia sees General Tarkin on the death star and says to him: "I noticed your foul stench as I came onboard".

++

I'll probably thing of some more later on.

GREAT thread.....lol.

LLOYD

Excuse me, can you tell me how to get

to the medical school? I'm supposed

to be giving a lecture in twenty

minutes and my driver's a bit lost.

YOUNG WOMAN

(heavy European accent)

Go straight aheads and makes a left

over za bridge.

Lloyd checks out her body.

LLOYD

I couldn't help noticing the accent.

You from Jersey?

YOUNG WOMAN

(unimpressed)

Austria.

LLOYD

Austria? You're kidding.

(mock-Australian accent)

Well, g'day, mate. What do you say

we get together later and throw a few

shrimp on the barbie.

_Dumb and Dumber....Obviously :laugh:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

"The suspense is terrible .. . I hope it'll last"

(it's all about gene wilder's delivery)

fav. scene from the movie is when he first comes out of the factory, head down, limping his way to the gate and suddenly does a somersault

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Mrs. Beaumont: Are you married?

Fiona: No.

Mrs. Beaumont: Are you a lesbian?

Fiona: Good lord! What makes you ask that?

Mrs. Beaumont: Well, it is one of the possibilites for unmarried girls nowadays, and it's rather more interesting than saying, "Oh dear, never met the right chap," eh?

Fiona: Quite right. Why be dull?

Mrs. Beaumont: Thank you.

[long pause]
Fiona: I was a lesbian once at school, but only for about fifteen minutes.

FourWFiona.jpg

Back
Top Bottom