Favorite band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Name the one favorite band... try to not to say U2 though lol But, if they are your faves, I understand. I'll not say The Who or U2, just ot be fare :wink:

CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

You know, there is probably a thread on this already... oh well, sorry if there is :huh: :uhoh:

Last edited:
Numerous ones. But that's quite alright, they're proabably deeply buried and antiquated. This is a very very very very difficult question for me. There's a rotation of a few bands, including the Clash, Springsteen, the Who, Weezer, and the Dropkick Murphys... Um, right now I'm gonnna say (non-u2)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

HeartlandGirl and I were just discussing this today. I came to the conclusion that if my favorite band isnt U2, it's probably Radiohead.

Well... CCR changed quickly... :|
Jethro Tull :yes: Listening to them as I type this! YES! Don't know the name of the song though... ill remember it and post it in the now playin place! YEA!

Besides U2? The Cure or R.E.M. My favorite band RIGHT NOW is probably the Replacements, but overall it'd be one of those two.

TheWho4Life said:
Well... CCR changed quickly... :|
Jethro Tull :yes: Listening to them as I type this! YES! Don't know the name of the song though... ill remember it and post it in the now playin place! YEA!

the listening-while-i-was-typing thing nearly informed my answer...

i would have said sinners 7 saints, but as they only had the one album...it'd hard to chose.

Top 3 Bands:

1. U2
2. The Rolling Stones
3. Depeche Mode

I didn't list Ryan Adams, since he's not a band...I'm being technical. ;) I could have gone with Whiskeytown, but I have a hard time busting up that top three I've had for so long.

Bonochick said:

I didn't list Ryan Adams, since he's not a band...I'm being technical. ;) I could have gone with Whiskeytown, but I have a hard time busting up that top three I've had for so long.

What about the ill-fated Pinkhearts?

UnforgettableLemon said:

What about the ill-fated Pinkhearts?

Well, if we're gonna count the Pinkhearts...that's different! :D

Did you know that Brad Pemberton is touring with him now though? His backup band is called the Cardinals right now though.

Nah, haven't really heard much in that direction for quite a while. Got a little miffed when, after purchasing Love is hell one and two, it was released with a single album with an extra song. :mad:
But I am curious to see/hear what he's been up to

There's been talk of a new album in November...but it's all rumors. This was apparently said by Ryan at a recent gig:

"When I was in the hospital, I had a lot of time to write, and I wrote about 20 songs. I'm not gonna record them or anything, but I'm gonna play some of them now. It'll be awhile."

He's been doing lots of new songs at his recent gigs. These are some titles, based on what people have seem from setlists or have culled from the songs themselves...so these are not official or anything.

~The Ocean
~I Will Learn To Love
~Steve Miller And Weed
~Wanna See You Smile
~Sweet Illusion, Sweet Confusion
~Caught In A Trap
~Look At Me, I'm Crazy
~Whether We Make It Or Not
~Baby Blue
~Now That You're Gone
~Now And Again

besides u2 (in no particular order):
further seems forever
the get up kids
jimmy eat world
smashing pumpkins
the cure
dashboard confessional
weezer
sarah mclachlan
brand new

Well of course U2 is my favourite band ever, but besides them, I'd say (in no paticular order): The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, Tool, and Interpol (can't wait to get their new album)... I also love The Killers and Franz Ferdinand but they're almost too new for me to really consider them "favourites" yet. :) I love tons of bands though...

The Church

hand's down fave. No one even comes close (well, except for Steve Kilbey solo, and he's a member of The Church)

Back
Top Bottom