Favorite Album time... my Floydians!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Floyd?

• Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Saucerful of Secrets

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • More

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ummagumma

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Atom Heart Mother

• Relics

• Meddle

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Obscured By Clouds

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dark Side of the Moon

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • Wish You Were Here

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Animals

• The Wall

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • The Final Cut

• A Momentary Lapse of Reason

• The Division Bell

• Total voters
IWasBored said:
piper at the gates of dawn...although i don't like pink floyd. i do like that album, and i do own a copy of it whereas i don't own anything else.

Wow. Sorry you're so destitute. No home, car, clothes, or anything, just a copy of Piper. :wink:

There was a king who ruled the land
His Majesty was in command
with silver eyes the scarlet eagle
showered silver on the people
Oh mother tell me more
Why'd you have to leave me there
hanging in my infant chair... waiting
You only have to read the lines
they're scribbled in black and everything shines
Across the stream with wooden shoes
bells to tell the king the news
a thousand misty riders climb up
higher once upon a time
Wandering and dreaming
the words had different meanings
yes they did

For all the time spent in that view
the doll's house darkness' old perfume
and fairy-stories held me high
on clouds of sunlight floating by
Oh mother tell me more
tell me more

:heart:

Zootlesque said:
:shocked: You've gotta be fucking kidding us, typhoon!!! First of all... The frightening lunacy of One Of My Turns & the helplessness and desperation portayed so beautifully in Don't Leave Me Now are essential to the story! When I think of Don't Leave Me Now, I also think of Wake Up Dead Man... both amazingly capture the feeling of loneliness. Another Brick In The Wall is overplayed but not mediocre! That guitar lead in part II and the atmospherics in part I... :drool: Nobody Home with its lush chords is just mesmerizing! The Trial is shit???? It's freakin' genius (not to mention hilarious... 'go on judge, shit on him!') and helps form a fantastic climax to the whole story.
I think the main thing is that I don't care about the stupid story at all. I hate the concept of concept albums (when it's made into an overbearing narrative, anyway; Animals was pretty neat). I think even Tommy would've been better as a normal album, and that's probably the top of the rock opera heap (thank goodness Lifehouse fell apart).

And it's not that I hate the "mediocre" songs, it's that they're just not extraordinary. I can see what Waters was trying to do with "Don't Leave Me Now" and think it's a decent tune once it gets going (although the vocal is grating, even for Rog), but most of the album pales compared to their golden age stuff, so I end up skipping most of it. Way too much filler, which is disappointing considering how focused their previous string of albums were.

Oddly, I'm much more forgiving about the unevenness of the White Album, which at least had some frail moments like "Julia." If the most emotional part of The Wall is "Don't Leave Me Now," that might have something to do with why I dislike it so much; it's Floyd playing their weaknesses too much and their strengths not enough.

Anyway, it's a good album, but I think it's overrated.

Oh no no no ... :scream: ...
I can't believe it's been almost 1 whole day since anyone has posted here in this thread ...
I couldn't stand to see this thread drop further off the Bang and Clatter list ... it's an absolutely GREAT thread !!
So come on, fellow Interferencers ... show your love for Pink Floyd !! ... :love:
Please vote and post your favorite album !! :applaud:

Last edited:
:applaud: MsMofoGone, you're the best! :hug:

:bump:

Calling more Floyd fans! *sound of telephone beeps* he keeps hanging up..?!? :wink:

Anyway.... people!!! :scream: Don't let Dark Side Of The Moon take away the gold without a good fight!

even though I :love: DSOTM to death. :drool:

Thank you Zootlesque ... I do try here !! :wink:

What actually happened ?? :scratch:

Let's see ... trying to get more Pink Floyd fans to post here on this thread ?? :hmm:

I can't believe there's NOT more Floydians here at Interference ...

Should they get offered a prize or something ?? :giggle:

what shall....... we use........ to fill............... the.. empty....... spaces...................where.........we used to taaaalk........how......should I fill... the final..............spaces.........how should I...... compleeeeete the walllllll..............

I would just like to say that David Gilmour RULES. His ability to communicate through his instrument is unparalled, IMO, and every note he plays has a purpose. That's what I want from a guitarist.

I would say he's my 2nd favorite musician, right behind the B-man. How did I decide this? Well, because if I met Gilmour in person, a handshake would be enough. But if I met Bono, I'd have to give him a hug. :hug:

Last edited:
I just received the first speeding ticket/traffic infraction in my six year history of driving.

Now why does this make me coincidentally badass-cool in this thread?

It happened while I was listening to a song from A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

:sexywink:

Zootlesque said:
what shall....... we use........ to fill............... the.. empty....... spaces...................where.........we used to taaaalk........how......should I fill... the final..............spaces.........how should I...... compleeeeete the walllllll..............

BRAVO !! :applaud:

Well, here I go again, Zootlesque !!

Putting this thread back to the top of Bang and Clatter ... :wink:
(where it belongs!!) .. :yes:

:ohmy: ... My last attempt to get people to notice this thread and post here !! ...
*keeps fingers crossed* ... but doubts it !! :sad:

phanan said:
Hey, 50 votes ain't too shabby...

That's true !! :applaud: ...

I should be thrilled there are AT LEAST that many votes !! :up:

But I'm trying to help Zootlesque in keeping this thread at the top
of Bang and Clatter ... because Pink Floyd is so-ooo GREAT :drool:

How can we get more Floydians to vote here and post ? :shrug:

:ohmy: ... Any suggestions ??

I'm running out of options here !! :banghead:

Back to the top.

"Like a phoenix rising needs a holy tree"
Oh wait, we're talking Pink Floyd here. :wink:

^ :lol:

40883stoneheads.jpg

I still go with Piper. I love everything up until The Final Cut, and I think the best Albums are also Dark Side, Wish U Were Here, and The Wall (which is just fucking brilliant, also the movie and Scarfe´s animations were great). But somehow, nothing beats the lovely innocence of Syd´s melodic chords and lyrics on Piper.

Alone in the clouds all blue....

phanan said:
Hey, 50 votes ain't too shabby...

WOW !! ... INCREDIBLE !! ... SIMPLY AMAZING !! ... :hyper:

Is my strategy working here ?? :hmm:

It's been 2 whole days and there's now 52 votes !! ... :dancing:

Two more people who voted in the Pink Floyd poll !! ... :bow:

Another reason to bring this thread BACK TO THE TOP !! :applaud:

WOW ... Someone actually voted again ... and to top it off ...
they voted for "The Wall" ... :applaud: :hyper: :love: :drool:

Now, there's 53 votes in this poll ... Zootlesque !!

We're obviously "making progress here" ... rather slowly ...
but still overall "making progress" ... :wink:

I love that pic of the stone heads ... from The Division Bell ... right?

Back
Top Bottom