Father's Day Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stammer476

Refugee
In honor of Father's Day this Sunday, let's show a little appreciation for our Dads.

Here's me with my Dad:

343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D887%3D%3B5%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3B7%3A7%3B45%3Aot1lsi

I appreciate him because, well, he's always been my hero. He's lived a life of love, service, humility, and integrity that I can only hope to aspire to.

Thanks Dad!!

I simply have the best father in the world. No doubt about it. He is absolutely amazing...completely selfless...always putting others before himself. After 23 years, I moved out in April...and, man, do I miss him. :( I'm not ashamed to say that I get so lonely for him sometimes that I cry. We talk everyday though. He and I have been through so much together...there were some years where it was just him and me, and while we went through a lot of sad times, we sure did have a ton of happy times. I owe everything I have to him. Besides the countless things he has done for me throughout my life (and continues to do), he literally saved my life. He's my best friend. :hug: :heart:

I love you, Dad. I admire you more than anybody else. You're my hero.

On a musical note, thank you for the U2 concerts, The Rolling Stones concerts, and the Ryan Adams concert. I had so much fun with you. :heart:

343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3B%3B579949ot1lsi

343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3Ewsnrcg%3D32324%3A%3C489%3C%3A4nu0mrj

343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C2%3A968%3B5ot1lsi

343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3DXROQDF%3E23234963%3A%3C7%3B8ot1lsi

Last edited:
At another message board, I collect quotes in my profile...and many involve my dad. So...in the spirit of Father's Day...:lol:

Ryan Adams: "You're a very pleasant young lady."
Dad: "He obviously doesn't know you like I do."

Me: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."
Dad: "How could it possibly hit me in the you?"

Me: "When's dinner gonna be ready?"
Dad: "About ten minutes."
Me: "Faster!"
Dad: "Did you call me a bastard, bitch?!"

"I blame Ryan Adams for everything."

"You can't reject a guy just because he doesn't like Ryan Adams!"

"If we were smart, we'd have emergency pudding."

"I'm not mad. I'm just going to be waiting for you with a baseball bat."

"You should be one of those people who makes things out of dryer lint."

"Call 911, I'll be naked in a tree!"

"They don't even write their own music. No-talent no-goods. Sons of bitches."

"Don't get yourself killed. It would ruin my weekend. I mean, I'd still take my trip...but I'd be kinda bummed."

"That's our problem...we're idiots."

I love him cause he's a weirdo. My fave pic of my dad (Halloween, btw):
343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3A%3D599%3D486%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3B879%3B5%3B%3Aot1lsi

And I love him since he lets my daughter call him "Gramps" and he thinks she's tons of fun and tells her stories about me when I was little, which she loves. :heart:
343%3C26%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3A%3D599%3D486%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3B87%3A458%3Bot1lsi

Last edited:
Also, :hug:s and :heart:s to anyone missing and remembering a dad on Father's Day this year. I believe we've had a couple of Interlanders lose dads this past year, and in other years. :(

I don't get to see my Dad as often as I'd like...my parents split a lonnng time ago, but we're still close. He's currently chasing down a story for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) in Africa on the Marburg virus. It's a close cousin of Ebola, from what I've read. He has to wear a full body suit while he's there, and cannot bring his clothes back to Canada with him for fear of contamination. I can just imagine him returning now, wearing funky African garb.

My Dad is a lot like me, except he's not as emotional...maybe that's a good thing sometimes.:wink: But it does give me the power to say that I love him, admire him, and miss him when he's not around...

I love all the pics of the Dads. :)

My Dad and I haven't had the greatest relationship, but he did give me his love of music and for that alone I can appreciate him.

Dad, thanks for supplying the tickets to many concerts when I was younger, for scaring me into thinking that the U2 tix had all sold out (so I appreciated them more when you pulled them out of your back pocket, lol), and for giving me all those bear hugs telling me I'm your "favorite girl in the whole world" when I was younger (and sometimes, even now).

I don't have any pictures of me and my dad scanned on the computer right now, so I can't post any here :(.

But I definitely love him. Bonochick, some of those quotes from your dad sound like things my dad would say :D! Any odd sense of humor that I exhibit, I blame on my dad, LOL-he never fails to do or say something that makes me laugh, even if it's telling me a really, really lame joke (dads seem to have a knack for that kind of joke, have any of you ever noticed that? I kid, I kid...). I'd definitely be lost without him...he's a really, really smart guy and has given me lots of good advice over the years.

Plus, I also love how he's genuinely interested in everything that I'm interested in. And he fully supports whatever I wish to do with my life, too.

pax said:
Also, :hug:s and :heart:s to anyone missing and remembering a dad on Father's Day this year. I believe we've had a couple of Interlanders lose dads this past year, and in other years. :(

*Nods, :hug:s to those who are in this position*

Angela

One last HFD to those Fathers serving in our Armed Forces around the world who can't be with their loved ones today...

To the family members missing their husband, brothers or their near and dear...I salute you! :up:

On behalf of children everywhere
to fathers everywhere

Don't know where to begin,
but we can start here.

“Thanks for not pulling out."

I got to visit my dad on Sunday. :cute: :heart:

My boyfriend went to the cemetary to visit his dad's grave. My dad told me he heard something on the radio that went something like, "Fathers don't go to Heaven and just wait for their wives and children to arrive. They repair the steps, fix the squeaky gates, and do all that they can to make things perfect for when they arrive."

Bonochick said:
I got to visit my dad on Sunday. :cute: :heart:

:) :up:.

Originally posted by Bonochick
My boyfriend went to the cemetary to visit his dad's grave. My dad told me he heard something on the radio that went something like, "Fathers don't go to Heaven and just wait for their wives and children to arrive. They repair the steps, fix the squeaky gates, and do all that they can to make things perfect for when they arrive."

Haha, aw, I like that :D.

:hug: to your boyfriend on the loss of his dad, by the way. Sorry to hear that :(.

Back
Top Bottom