Fatherless on Father's day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
I myself have never had a father, i'm just curious to see if anyone else around here is the same way.

Or maybe you had a great relationship with your father, but he died and thus today is rather painful for you?

Or perhaps you have a bad relationship with yours, etc.

I remember back in grade school everyone thought i was a freak because i didnt have a dad. It wasnt until later on that i came to realize that MANY people come from single parent households, and a growing number are fatherless.
Personally, in this case, I dont really miss what i havent got!:D

Father's Day is one of those holidays that I've never had to celebrate. I've met/seen my father a few times (3 times between the ages of 6 and 18)--and it's been 14 years or so since the last time.

Other people think it's sad that I grew up without a father, but I don't. I mean, they're are only thinking what their lives would have been like without their lovely fathers, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with mine beyond the bit I know about him.

Gee, sounds harsh.....
But Mother's Day was always a big deal around my house!

i hate father's day. my father and i have no relationship to speak of. i just turned 18 and he is now trying to make a relationship with me. i don't want to participate though because i know he'll betray me soon enough anyway. so yeah, REAL positive holiday in my household.

Daddy

Um, my dad passed away 10 years ago. I miss him, but I'm at peace with it though. Today's father's day and it's also his birthday.

Lilly said:
i hate father's day. my father and i have no relationship to speak of. i just turned 18 and he is now trying to make a relationship with me. i don't want to participate though because i know he'll betray me soon enough anyway. so yeah, REAL positive holiday in my household.

I think Ann Landers would be ashamed of you.. Well... I guess not anymore, now that she hates all males, after her divorce.

L.Unplugged

Yes, I'm glad it's almost over.

No matter how you try to deny it, it still hurts. Having a bad father/daughter relationship affects you in ways you can't even begin to imagine. Well, that's just my experience. I don't need or want to go into the details.

Anyone who has a great Father is truly fortunate.

My dad passed away 3 years ago. But, Father's day is not painful at all for me. I feel that it's just another Sunday in June. I felt that way when he was alive too. I think that people should appreciate their parents every day. Mother's Day/Father's Day are Hallmark Store- holidays. They are sales boosters.

I miss my father tremendously, but I have also made peace with it.

Something I forgot to say, (cannie go back and re-edit now the timin is up), but, if theres one thing about Fathers Day or rather 'Father's Day related' that upsets me a lot when I tink about it, its when mum and dad were goin thru a reall bad patch, I was 11 - 13............and its cause daddy drank, turned into alcho......but tings at home were horrible what with lots of words and maybe one or two struggled fights...........but one ting that sticks out, though it was never meant and wasnt her fault - but one time I was home and mum and dad had fight, and as dad was tryin to get out the front door with a bag of clothes to head down to caravan for weekend (he ended up doin this a lot, just before they seperated) - lots of hateful words were exchanged and mum thru frustration, anger and hurt, lost the head and fired at him a little 'Happy Fathers Day' mug I got him I tink the year previous to that, or maybe two......................of course it broke - but the way it all happened and how it went broke my heart, and still does........its like, it suddenly made me look at 'Happy Fathers Day' as different....I dont know how different.....but .....just.........like the whole situation was unfixable and something I bought a parent.....that was now broken, was unfixable too............(sorry I dont tink Im makin sense)

I feel like cryin now.......:(

Last edited:
Ahh jeepers Maddie..

Youre making us all kinda sad here..:(

You got friends here though!

Diamond
:):cool:

Last edited:
My Dad passed away 3 months ago. This was the first Fathers Day I haven't had anyone to buy a card or gift for. My grandpa, who was like a second father to me, died 3 years ago so I felt especially fatherless this year. :|

Last edited:
((((((((((HUGS TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD))))))))))))

It seems we are all kindred spirits who have gone through similar things.

It's so nice to find people who understand and relate.

Back
Top Bottom