Fatherhood Project- Jimmy Little AND Archie Roach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I think I have mentioned all 3 of the subjects in my title here.

Archie Roach - the most powerful live music experience I have ever had was provided by Archie Roach and his wife Ruby Hunter. YES! even more powerful than the absolute joy I felt at the Popmart concert.

Jimmy Little- An Australian singer I have loved since I was a little girl. I wrote about him recently here, because on his latest album he does a cover version of U2's "one" ( I'll forgive him for that)

I love both these artists very very much, their music and their spirit.

I have also been supporting the Fatherhood Project for some time now. I think it is a very worthwhile idea. I can't buy new CD's all that often, but I bought their first one, because I believe in what they are doing.
SO, yesterday I found out all three things are converging :applaud:
I am taking my dad to the festival concert as part of my Father's Day gift to him. Who knows what doors it may open. It is "all part of the one big beautiful circle sister" because my dad was born in Bangalow, 87 years ago...I can't say anymore, but I think it is going to be one very powerful and emotional evening. I hope it's not too much for the dear old fellow, but I know I'd like to experience the healing.

EXHIBITON OPENING
Photographers & Artists present
FATHERS & MEN-UP CLOSE AND
PERSONAL IN EVERYDAY LIFE
At A & I Hall, 5:30 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indigenous Ceremony
Outside A & I Hall, 7 pm
Official Fatherhood Opening

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FATHERHOOD CONCERT
with Jimmy Little and grandson
and Archie Roach
hosted by Sandy McCutcheon
singing fathers home
at A & I Hall, 7.30 pm
(ticket event)

:bow: thank you great music gods for once again doing something nice for me, especially the tickets only being $20 :)

if you want to know more,
http://www.fatherhood-cd.org/

Wow, that looks like an great experience, cass. :heart:

I sometimes go to a concert with my father, but he's 'only' 57. I hope you and your father will have a great time. :up:

Back
Top Bottom