Farnham, Surrey, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John, tell them you'll die if you don't get that place. Get a dodgy doctor to sign a medical certificate supporting your claim.

Foul tempt...er! :madwife:

Though god knows they probably owe me some time after this week.

:bono: *rabbiting on about Africa over Streets intro* :blahblah:
Axver: THEY'RE NOT POSTWHORING ENOUGH!!!
:bono: ... :scratch:

Go ooooonnn. I'll skip my Honours prep seminar. It probably won't be anything THAT worthwhile. Though this week's one was AMAZING. We got to see the closed access section of the Baillieu Library. That place gets bigger every time I visit it! Holy fucking shit. The rare books room is incredible.

:lmao: Though maybe I'd be yelling at Bono about the lack of snippetry ...

is it already given or do you still have a chance to get that place?

None of the places have been given out yet the application process only starts today

:hug:

Still, go for it! You won't get it if you don't even try. :D
John, tell them you'll die if you don't get that place. Get a dodgy doctor to sign a medical certificate supporting your claim.

The problem though is that the only thing they take into consideration is my GPA. Which is high enough but I don't think it's good enough...especially when only one person with a better GPA needs to apply to go there, for me to lose the place...

:scratch: then why does the mercy I have downloaded from somewhere have the tag BsideABOY(US)?

weird shite

:drool: Jacknife Lee Remix of Fast Cars

:crack: it must be Bill Gates again, meddling with my pc!

Because people give things odd tags? Some of the stuff I've downloaded has fucking peculiar tags. My favourite was a metal album that had its genre tag as "a cappella". I've left it that way because it cracks me up.

Go ooooonnn. I'll skip my Honours prep seminar. It probably won't be anything THAT worthwhile. Though this week's one was AMAZING. We got to see the closed access section of the Baillieu Library. That place gets bigger every time I visit it! Holy fucking shit. The rare books room is incredible.

... I'll let you know.

:lmao: Though maybe I'd be yelling at Bono about the lack of snippetry ...

Axver's Philosophy of Life:
Africa = needs more postwhoring
Bono = needs more snippetry

The problem is though the only thing they take into consideration is my GPA. Which is high enough but I don't think it's good enough...especially when only one person with a better GPA needs to apply to go there for me to lose the place...

Apply for it anyway. Maybe no one with a higher GPA (whatever that means... Grade Point Average?) wants to freeze their nuts off in Canada :wink:

None of the places have been given out yet the application process only starts today

The problem though is that the only thing they take into consideration is my GPA. Which is high enough but I don't think it's good enough...especially when only one person with a better GPA needs to apply to go there for me to lose the place...

Well then all that you can still do is give it your best shot! CONVINCE them that you're the best choice!

Because people give things odd tags? Some of the stuff I've downloaded has fucking peculiar tags. My favourite was a metal album that had its genre tag as "a cappella". I've left it that way because it cracks me up.

could be.. jacknife lee is tagged as Bside to SYCMIOYO here :crack: that makes no sense.

Hey Reggo. :wave:

Given what you lot are saying about MSN, I'm glad I use AIM.

Apply for it anyway. Maybe no one with a higher GPA (whatever that means... Grade Point Average?) wants to freeze their nuts off in Canada :wink:

This is good logic.

Yeah I can hope they're too smart for that :wink:

And yeah it is Grade Point Average; mine in Semester 1 was 3.33 (Screwed up a Philosophy essay that really mattered and done a few subjects I was weak at) and for semester 2 it was 3.8

QFT

I am on msn, but I can't see anyone online :crack: it wouldn't let me on before trying 30 minutes!

F U Bill Gaytes, F U. :angry:
Cause no one else can sign on! MSn rejected my password for my email 3 times. I typed it in the exact same way. I dunno what they're doing, but it's retarded.

Yeah I can hope they're too smart for that :wink:

And yeah it is Grade Point Average; mine in Semester 1 was 3.33 (Screwed up a Philosophy essay that really mattered and done a few subjects I was weak at) and for semester 2 it was 3.8

This is out of 5, right?

Just apply... the worst they can do is knock you back, and if you don't apply you know you won't get it. :shrug:

This is out of 5, right?

Just apply... the worst they can do is knock you back, and if you don't apply you know you won't get it. :shrug:

4.2 actually, 4.2 = A+, 4 = A, 3.8 = A- etc.

Yeah I will still apply but I favoured my chances a lot more when they said there was gonna be two places...

I'm in a Finance lecture right now, my lecturer is pretty cool

Cause no one else can sign on! MSn rejected my password for my email 3 times. I typed it in the exact same way. I dunno what they're doing, but it's retarded.

It let me sign on fine... but it randomly doesn't want to let my messages through. :shrug:

I need to get my arse to bed, followed swiftly by the rest of me.

:wave:

It makes you sound even more nerdy

You probably have a website of AustralianTrainTimeTableArchives as well :wink:

Surprisingly enough, I don't. I have written over half of the material on Wikipedia about New Zealand's railways, though, plus a lot of pages on random small Kiwi towns and villages.

:crack: Hotmail worked for me before, but msn was being a bitch!

kept saying my internet connection wasn't working while it's working perfectly!

Bill Gates hates us.

I'm signed onto AIM, but the only friend I have is Serena on that.

See you later, Ali! :wave:

Yeah I will still apply but I favoured my chances a lot more when they said there was gonna be two places...

4.2? Now that's a bit of an odd figure! In Queensland, it was out of 7. Melbourne doesn't use GPA.

Surprisingly enough, I don't. I have written over half of the material on Wikipedia about New Zealand's railways, though, plus a lot of pages on random small Kiwi towns and villages.

Axver don't be modest, everything on wikipedia about trains is by you :wink:

Wow, you're kickin' arse! :up:

I try not to worry about stuff like that after I've applied... nothing I can do to affect the outcome after the application's in, so why stress over it?

Good luck with it! :D

*gone*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom