Fancy Gap, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not bad, pretty good actually, finished my first semester a couple of weeks ago.

Any questions you had specifically?

I always think it should be populated by dugongs.

I think that they would be living a few hours up the road in Dungog!

Wollongong is a very unfortunate place, and I'm so sorry you had to visit.

At least the place we were staying was located in Shellharbour, which I found to be pretty nice. The Gong itself? Such a mindbogglingly high concentration of bogans. One guy from my uni was travelling on the bus in fairly nice, smart casual clothing for the conference and these steelworkers just kept saying "hey boss" to him over and over again.

Eh, I was just wonderin' out of curiosity.

Yeah, Shellharbour is okay, I think a couple of places further south are pretty nice (Kiama and Nowra and places like that) but that whole southern region is truly a smudge on the face of Sydney. And I live in the west, the worst place!

Also I've been largely ignoring EYKIW and such but looking over some of the most recent big threads there, holy shit what the fuck is wrong with Bono? Man, I got nothing but shame looking at the companies he's canoodling with right now.

I'm not even going to bother. I'm trying to separate Musician Bono from Politics Bono as best I can since I really don't want to hate him given the impact the music has had on me since before I became a teenager.

:happy:

526630_181304595353432_668946351_n.jpg

Bloke who shared it's daughter liked it too.

This is the one I hate the most. Do people actually think that the homeless, elderly, sick, veterans go without care? And that all the money we should spend on them goes to "illegals"?

And of course the people who are outraged about this are the ones who don't give money to the homeless, or charities that support the sick, etc.

What gets me is that it supposedly takes 'guts' to simply click on a link to repost it.

If there was ever any doubt I'd be voting Greens, it just vanished.

And how's this from Abbott? "Who do you trust on this subject? Who do you trust to stop the boats? Do you trust the political party that started it up again? Do you trust the political party that closed down Manus Island? Or do you trust the party that is the original and the best when it comes to stopping the boats."

Disgusting. Just blatant sloganeering.

I am so utterly depressed and angry that I cannot even put things in words properly right now. Seriously, this is such an extremist policy that it should be further to the right than even the Libs. It should never be ALP policy.

I really do love how seriously people take it whenever such a decision is made, because it's a fucking important thing to treat the poor well as opposed to directing them to another poor country who don't have the necessary conditions to care for them.

Sorry I haven't been around, new semester and back into the deep end. Just wanted to come in to say how utterly nauseous, appalled and ashamed I feel about K-unt's latest balls up. What a fucking joke this country is, what a fucking joke this election will be.

Also happy birthday for yesterday, Cobbler :camera: :cute:
Can't promise, but will go to the Rhino Room next week if I get the chance. :up:

It just absolutely enrages me that this morally reprehensible asylum seeker policy may actually help Rudd win the election. It's fantastic electioneering - and an absolute shitstain upon the country. The Greens are absolutely livid, as well they should be.

I still don't even know where to begin articulating my thoughts. I never thought I would see such a policy from a party that claims to represent the downtrodden in society. Fuck me, I didn't even think the Libs would be as audacious to just give a fuck-you as blatant and callous as this. This policy amounts to nothing more than "so you're desperately fleeing persecution and want nothing more than safety and to contribute positively to Australia? FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL CUNT."

Took your time!

Agreed on every word, Ax (of course). I'm honestly still jumbling the thoughts in my head. I've never been a fan of Labor (at least as they've been in my lifetime), but for what they're meant to stand for, I still somehow feel betrayed.

Yo this is so messed up, I just saw something by another Interference poster here show up in a completely different fandom that has no possible overlap with U2. Internet so small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom