Fancy Gap, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is petty in comparison, but I'm really annoyed. It's 8:18pm, I'm in my bedroom, in Brunswick, with millions of things happening in Melbourne tonight, and I'm doing nothing, got no one to do anything with. I can't even watch the footy because my housemates are watching another fucking episode of Bones.

Spending one Friday night not going out isn't the worst thing in the world, but this is coming from an introvert so ...

This is petty in comparison, but I'm really annoyed. It's 8:18pm, I'm in my bedroom, in Brunswick, with millions of things happening in Melbourne tonight, and I'm doing nothing, got no one to do anything with. I can't even watch the footy because my housemates are watching another fucking episode of Bones.

Sounds like you are married :wink:

That still sucks! I get the feeling, even when there are only four things happening in Adelaide that night. Next time, just sit back and watch the last few episodes of season 4 of Breaking Bad and you'll completely forget your issues.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, while watching the game tonight, I suddenly realised that Nick Riewoldt looks like Todd, and now I really want to strangle Riewoldt because [spoilers just in case someone here who happens to watch it still hasn't watched S5 yet] fucker you shot a kid.

I'm late as usual, but Bonnie, have another interstate :hug: from me.
If you ever want someone to sympathise about feeling unfulfilled and directionless, I believe you have my email/PM inbox thing. And by that I don't mean that I think you have any reason to feel that way, although I don't really know what's going on but I reckon people feel lots of crappy things even though there's no real reason for it. Anyway. :hug:

Must the same I suppose. The Holocene clip is beautiful and full of mystery; this one just seems obvious?

I'm VERY slowly getting into it. The guitar lick at the very beginning of Michicant is AMAZING.

I loved it from the first time I heard it and now I consider it one of my favourite albums ever. From start to finish, it's just incredible. Along with Madvillainy (the album in my avatar) It's by far my most played album in iTunes. And yet, such is the cohesiveness and quality of the thing, I actually can't tell you how Minnesota, WI through Michicant and Calgary go off the top of my head, despite playing them tons of times.

His live show was mindblowing. In my top five.

I loved it from the first time I heard it and now I consider it one of my favourite albums ever. From start to finish, it's just incredible. Along with Madvillainy (the album in my avatar) It's by far my most played album in iTunes. And yet, such is the cohesiveness and quality of the thing, I actually can't tell you how Minnesota, WI through Michicant and Calgary go off the top of my head, despite playing them tons of times.

His live show was mindblowing. In my top five.

I think that's the beauty of it; it's just so abstract in its construction, it's like a dense piece of work that isn't going to be remembered, and yet sticks within you.
(Calgary is the PERFECT kind of song for that city, by the by. I don't know why but it just fits with the general vibe of the place.)
Also, what twenty two other shows are in your top five?

I remember driving from Vancouver to Calgary listening to Beach House's Teen Dream. It was perfect. I hope one day to listen to Calgary in Calgary.

Haha. U2, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Bruce Springsteen, The National, Bon Iver, Kanye West, Broken Social Scene and LCD Soundsystem.

Might have to settle with at least listening to Perth in Perth!

I gotta say, I can't even listen to Beth/Rest, tbh. I love the rest of the album, though.

You know what would be great? Being around people who want to do things.

AXVER! CHARLOTTE! Come to the Vic Hotel at 8:45. Wil Anderson, Paul Foot, Rich Hall and others are doing improv. $22

Asked the housemate couple to come. My mate said his bank account is -$17. Fair enough. Couldn't just go with me and his mrs. Would be weird. Asked the other housemate. His reply was "ohh it's Sunday night so I'll just chill" cunt it is 7:30pm. You are not Jewish. (As far as I know.) This is not the sabbath.

The Jewish sabbath isn't today anyway. :tongue:

And we're lazy and tired.

The mental image of Cobbler threateningly trying to persuade people to go out with him is hilarious.

I just fucking saw that!

Even if he were legitimately talented, he's not bloody NEW talent anyway.

Ew, the Logies are on again? I feel like that just happened.

I'm watching Braveheart and having mid-'90s nostalgia... a time when I bought movie soundtracks and no one knew how insane Mel Gibson was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom