Fancy Gap, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i profoundly approve

i liked one of my friend's facebook statuses today about happy radical jew on a stick day.

friggin cobbler fucken get on the piss

YOU TOO VLAD YOU SAVED UP ALL THAT drunkposting gor the TUMBLERS AND NOT HERE so letdown

man what's with that inconsistent caps acshun

tumblr is better because I get notes for my drunkposting, haha.

also who knewi'd totally fall for the new tegan and sara album man that stuff's fucking addictive

I should check this out.

yeah but here you get replies in a logical kinda way and SUPERTHREAD HAPS C;MON MAN.

and yes you totally should it's sooo good. i'm thinking of going to their gig here in may even though it's at a sit down venue and ie hate sittdown vshows.

Wow, those were some nostalgia reading times! I miss them :(

I multiquoted this but I can't remember why:

OH GODS I was gonna say sounds like walking out of springvale, but nobody wouldn've gotte that.

Probably something lame like "I used to live there lol".

Axver liking Sarah and Teagan and using "feels"? :ohmy:

And if you are elderly, Charlotte, I must be legitimately fossilised. *L*

/lameoldsober

And I feel I must also mention that my mother is listening to the Bee Gees (apparently I should be dancing, YEEEEEEAAH), and chuckling at amusing newspaper advertisements in a copy of the Argus from 1851.

Livin' it up in rural Vic!!

... chuckling at amusing newspaper advertisements in a copy of the Argus from 1851.

Welcome to my popular distraction on PapersPast/Trove when I'm sick of reading the stupid editorials for work.

(There are some amazing quack medications in those ads. They cure EVERYTHING! Take this pill to cure your arthritis, your flu, your asthma, your period pains, AND your gout!)

What is it, rhino horn or something?

She was on Trove, actually... This one was about a shop that was moving somewhere else, and it had in big type:

REMOVAL

and then underneath:

LADIES' UNDERWEAR

Tee hee.

Also, stats, because fuck you.

Axver 279
Vlad n U 2 110
cobl04 99
Slopsy 81
liamcool 76
Reggo 59
coolian2 57
The Sad Punk 56
Alisaura 42
major_panic 41
bono_212 38
LemonMelon 23
the tourist 15
Galeongirl 8
Cactus Annie 6
bono_man2002 6
djerdap 6
dianepm 1
Mr. V 1

42, hah.

So, looks like I'm going to see the Dropkicks after all... hope they don't suck as Reggo warned.

Also, hope I don't die cos it's Festy Hall. :slant:

Happy Easter/Holi/Zombie Jesus Day, all.

I gave up posting on interference for Lent, as you might have noticed. Did I gain anything for this experience? More free time, perhaps. I guess I thought I'd miss it, but I actually, really don't. So say I'm pulling a Screwy and that I'm up my own arse about things, but I think I'm going to stay off interference. Maybe if something huge U2-wise happens I'll wander back. I'll see most of you on facebook.

Reggo.

Enjoy the free time, Reggo! It's always good to see you here and on FB... I think I'd have a lot more spare time if I gave up FB than blue crack. :slant:

Speaking of not being around here much, after the madness earlier this thread I've disappeared up the arse of work. :happy:

Better than disappearing up the arse of 94 other vehicles, I guess.

I just went to a friend's going away drinks at the Wesley Anne in Northcote. Really cool place, good beers, had a Holgate chocolate beer of some description. Very nice but I wouldn't buy a slab of it. The bartender was a cool dude.

Somehow politics got brought up at the table and my mate's mate went on this massive fucking rant. She's very left. I am too, but I don't get so riled up about it. She was saying how if my mate needs money when he comes back from Europe "you could sell your soul and go work in mining for a while, in their environmental department, and try and change the way they do things, steer the devil in the right direction". And she was banging on about how evil the mining industry is and all that. Now I think the environment is a big issue as well, but you can't just shut down mining overnight. She read one article apparently that said that mining actually contributes a very small percentage of our GDP or whatever, but by that point I was tuning out.

Then it was just me and her and my mate left, and we got onto the topic of nice guys, and how my mate started liking this girl and told her and she is now being a little bit distant and I ended up leaving because I don't like those conversations. I've got some of my own "nice guy" issues sometimes but I felt squeamish in that scenario so I had to get out.

Anyway, point of the story is I had to drive to Melton tonight for the season launch of the Riddell District Football League at Melton Toyota. BT, Josh Gibson and Luke Hodge were there. Barry Hall is playing for Broadford. A lot of rough looking people but most I spoke to were pretty good blokes actually.

And MICF rolls on.

Is it cool if I rant a little?

I did the shittiest goddamn presentation today and I feel terrible about it even though some people said it was good but seriously, it was just awful and I could have done so much better and I was beating myself up over it forever and last night I went on a long drive and stopped at the Port River and just stared at it for ages and then I wondered if everything would be better if I just kept accelerating and drove in and just kept on falling and then I wouldn't have to worry about stuff but I dunno, suicide isn't really my thing. I just figure some crazy accident is going to happen. I am so sorry to make everyone feel down just now but my life is just a complete mess and I don't even know who to talk to and I feel incredibly unfulfilled in so many ways and I'm really worried about the choices I'm making with my career and I think the professional art world is an outdated dinosaur that needs enormous changes for it to be equal but I guess you could say that about everything and aw hell sorry guys I'm cool I'm cool I just ain't feeling too good and I don't get hugged enough.

Bonnaios. :(

I don't even really know where to begin. Maybe you just need to get out of Adelaide for a bit, new horizons and all that?

Thanks guys. Means a lot to me. I hope it's just a phase I'm in and I'll get out of it soon. I'm feeling better today, got really drunk with a best mate last night and we spent the night singing and talking and laughing and reminiscing, and today I just hung out with another best mate going to my favourite shops and looking at cool art books and eating gelato, so I'm just trying to concentrate on the good right now. Hope I didn't bring you down too much. Just really felt like I had to say something before it got any worse. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom