Fan Edits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Has anyone watched a fan edit of a movie before?

If you don't know already, it's when someone recuts/splices/whatevers a movie or a set of movies together.

I'm downloading fan edits of the Star Wars Prequels and I'm close to getting one of the Matrix Sequels, Superman Sequels, and Star Trek Movies.

This whole process really interests me.

Re: Re: Fan Edits?

elevated_u2_fan said:
I've never seen one but I would be interested in knowing if they are any good, especially the SW prequels...

Let me know what you think of the ones you downloaded.

I'm downloading the prequels first, which have a 99% chance of being better than anything.

less whining, lame love story, and less Jar Jar :drool:

The Phantom Menace fan-edit (I forget what it was called..."The Phantom Remix?" or "The Phantom Redux" or something?)...anyway, I remember it actually made news & got reviewed in Rolling Stone, Newsweek, etc. It got great reviews----no Jar-Jar----and Lucas was pissed.

I'm curious to hear what the Superman Returns fan-edit is like. Here's hoping they cut out the whole son thing! :fingerscrossed:

The torrents are taking forever, would anyone like to invite me to Demonoid or let me use their account? :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Fan Edits?

LemonMacPhisto said:
less whining, lame love story, and less Jar Jar :drool:

:love: That would make the first two movies, what? A half-hour each? :wink:

More Darth Maul... :drool: Best part of all three movies IMO, why they couldn't have him as a recuring villian through all three movies is beyond me... :angry:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The torrents are taking forever, would anyone like to invite me to Demonoid or let me use their account? :wink:

I'll invite you. What's your email?

I have 5 of the 6 (still need to finish Empire, it's a DL dvd). I've watched the prequel edits by ADM and they're better than the originals. Go here:

http://www.fanedit.org/

for lots of fanedit fun, including & torrent d/l links. I've watched some of the CBB group edits, the Hannibal & Con Air ones were good.

Canadiens1160 said:
Is there a fan edit where Data doesn't die? :sad:

I know people are editing all of the Star Trek movies down into 42-minute long episodes to be like a "new" series. It looks really interesting.

CTU2fan said:
I have 5 of the 6 (still need to finish Empire, it's a DL dvd). I've watched the prequel edits by ADM and they're better than the originals. Go here:

for lots of fanedit fun, including & torrent d/l links. I've watched some of the CBB group edits, the Hannibal & Con Air ones were good.
Oh shit, thanks for the site link! Episode I is on its way already.

CTU2fan said:

I've gotten ADM's Episode III and I'm in the process of finishing Episode I and I'm about 40% Episode II.

Please seed/leech onto these guys.

Well, the movie gets rid of almost all of the Jar Jar antics, fart and poop jokes, midichlorian nonsense and weak Anakin lines.

It also adds more to the podrace, some more on Tatooine (including a cameo by a young Greedo which is kind of nice.)

That being said, it's a definite upgrade from the theatrical version, but it's still a flawed movie.

If the original movie is a D plus, this edition is a C plus.

Back
Top Bottom