Familiar noises coming from the T.O. camp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he's scheduled to make just 3.6 million next year... a lot by our standards but an absolute bargin by NFL standards for a player of his caliber... he's due 7.5 million in 2006. baisicly he wants the years switched. he wants the 7.5 next year. comming off a year where he nearly had his career ended with a broken leg, frankly i don't blame him for trying to get the money up front.

he's not the first to do this, but because he's T.O., he gets crucified for doing so.

i can see it from his point of view...NFL contracts are not guranteed money like NBA or NHL ....it's a lot of inncentives and the big money comes the last year of the deal....6 years from now and no gurantees are made of being there or performing up to incentives so if you look at it that way you can see TO's outlook....

Then he should've insisted that the deal be structured that way from the start.

I guess he was too elated at getting away from Ray Lewis in b-more to read what he was signing.

TheFly7 said:
Is there a bigger punk in the NFL? Moss, maybe?

I'd say so. Moss is a douchebag and he loafs. TO is a douchebag but plays hard.

Going after McNabb is a big no-no. That sealed it - they must go on without him.

Remember, Philly went 12-4 2 years in a row with receivers that could not find jobs anywhere else in the league.

It is and will remain the Donovan McNabb show. F *@$ T.O.

When T.O. was sent packing and with Pinkston's season-ending/career threatening injury...that left the Iggles with a receiving Corps in camp with a combined total of 27 career NFL receptions, 23 of those by Greg Lewis.
TO Will be back after his week in NZ, otherwise the Iggles will miss the playoffs and Andy Reid may get canned.

MumblingBono said:
Going after McNabb is a big no-no. That sealed it - they must go on without him.

No kidding. If your beef is with management, you can hold out, demand a trade, whatever. Just keep it off the field.

Back
Top Bottom