Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did realize though that I don't want to write fiction. I wanna write commentary on stuff, but not in a serious manner at all. And I also want to write a ridiculously random autobiography. Why? Becasue that's why.

Oh, well, I'll have to be an author to be an academic, what with the whole publish-or-perish faculty attitudes. But I tend to think of historical non-fiction writing as quite distinct from fiction; one's a job and one would be a hobby. I probably write well enough to do something with my fiction, but it's a matter of time and motivation.

:hug: It's ok. Ian and Ax will come to terms that theirs will never be the size of yours.....hell, Ax has a 'train', and Ian a 'plane'....you my lord have a fucking Starship FTMFW!

I never thought of it in this light. So what if it's not the Death Star, or an Imperial Star Destroyer. It's still a fucking Starship!

Semi-random question, but what do you plan on doing with your history major, Ax?

Mine's mostly so that I have something to fall back on if the film thing falls through, but I'm curious

Semi-random question, but what do you plan on doing with your history major, Ax?

Mine's mostly so that I have something to fall back on if the film thing falls through, but I'm curious

I aim to get my PhD and be an academic, researching and teaching history.

I aim to get my PhD and be an academic, researching and teaching history.

Some think I wanna do that more than keep with the film major. Then I go to one of my film classes and remember I love it.

But then right after that i go to my history classes :sigh:

Some think I wanna do that more than keep with the film major. Then I go to one of my film classes and remember I love it.

But then right after that i go to my history classes :sigh:

I hope I can make a career out of it. I figure I've got the marks to do it, but I'm still bloody nervous, especially since my field, New Zealand history, isn't the most in-demand on the planet.

And going to my PolSci classes just further reminds me why I want to go into History rather than PolSci! I wish I'd jumped ship early enough that I could have accrued enough points to double major in History, but as it stands, I'm so close to getting the PolSci major that I might as well get it as well as the History major.

I hope I can make a career out of it. I figure I've got the marks to do it, but I'm still bloody nervous, especially since my field, New Zealand history, isn't the most in-demand on the planet.

And going to my PolSci classes just further reminds me why I want to go into History rather than PolSci! I wish I'd jumped ship early enough that I could have accrued enough points to double major in History, but as it stands, I'm so close to getting the PolSci major that I might as well get it as well as the History major.

Ugh, Poli-Sci

I was pre-law for a day, then I went to my poli sci class and that quickly ended that.

Ugh, Poli-Sci

I was pre-law for a day, then I went to my poli sci class and that quickly ended that.

Some PolSci stuff is rather fun. I mean, I've had some stunningly good debates in tutorials for various PolSci courses. But ugh, could most of the authors possibly be any more dry and uninspired? You can just feel they're churning it out simply to keep their cushy faculty position and know that what they're writing is complete tripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom