Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver rates at 1.0/5.0:

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Radiohead - In Rainbows

1.5/5.0

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Radiohead - OK Computer
Steely Dan - Aja
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town

:wave:

What were they thinking? :yuck:

Btw, Tinto Brass by PT :combust:

[/random]

:bono:: Let's spell out the message for people!
:larry:: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! People should really get it. Don't confuse them, like with that Pride song.
:bono:: Well, we need some love and peace ... or else this place is fooked! Love And Peace Or Else!
:larry:: Fantastic! Now let's record another Stuck In A Moment.
:edge: :adam:: :doh:

I'm sure you all will be disappointed that I won't be able to review any Retro playlists today. I didn't have time to download any this morning since I had to make sure I was on time to that fucking meeting.

Now who's going to keep the thread alive when I go to sleep? :tsk:

:bono:: Let's spell out the message for people!
:larry:: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! People should really get it. Don't confuse them, like with that Pride song.
:bono:: Well, we need some love and peace ... or else this place is fooked! Love And Peace Or Else!
:larry:: Fantastic! Now let's record another Stuck In A Moment.
:edge: :adam:: :doh:

Hahaha fucking U2! :doh:

Just looking at my 2/5 ratings, PFan's going to love this ...

Been reading the RYM page. I love watching sacred cow after sacred cow slaughtered at your merciless hands, Ax, but when I got to

"The two final tracks are easily the worst - dull, plodding affairs that work best as cures for insomnia."

in your Closer review, I felt like punching you in the face. :lol: But we've already been through this.

Achtung Baby gets 2/5 but ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN (!) get 2.5 out of 5?

Been reading the RYM page. I love watching sacred cow after sacred cow slaughtered at your merciless hands, Ax, but when I got to

"The two final tracks are easily the worst - dull, plodding affairs that work best as cures for insomnia."

in your Closer review, I felt like punching you in the face. :lol: But we've already been through this.

:laugh: Actually, I might have to somewhat revise that opinion. Over time, those tracks have somewhat grown on me, mainly due to me forgetting to skip to Disorder after TFH.

2.0/5
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
U2 - Achtung Baby

Achtung Baby gets 2/5 but ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN (!) get 2.5 out of 5?

Hm, might have to knock the Bunnymen down. Now there's a band whose music has no staying power. It's good for about ten listens and then becomes forgettable. Hence I haven't played any Bunnymen tracks in about two years. At least Achtung, for all its crappiness, has given me The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness.

2.0/5
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
U2 - Achtung Baby

Plus, for extra B&C blasphemy:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Modest Mouse - The Moon And Antarctica
Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

Looking at this, I've really rated some stuff far too highly. Plenty of 3.5-4 star material in 4.5-5, and plenty of 2.5 star material in 3.

Might find myself doing a lot of relistening and revising over the weekend ...

Hm, might have to knock the Bunnymen down. Now there's a band whose music has no staying power. It's good for about ten listens and then becomes forgettable. Hence I haven't played any Bunnymen tracks in about two years. At least Achtung, for all its crappiness, has given me The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness.
Well, i was surprised, after your feelings on Coldplay.

But then I equate Coldplay with being an Echo tribute band, so there ya go.

Most metal albums ever written are 4s and 5s.

:lol:

It's been observed on the RYM forums that metal fans seem to have a tendency to rate metal albums somewhat higher than fans of other genres rate albums in their chosen genres. I try to avoid metal that I know I won't like, but I still think there's a good representation of rubbish metal in the lower star levels.

Axver, what is your opinion of The Who?

I haven't given them as solid a listen as I should. Some of their songs I quite enjoy, while others I don't care for. Might need to download a couple of albums.

Well, I skimmed through all those reviews and now I want my time back. I could have gotten those opinions, possibly with near-identical wording, from talking to Ax for ten minutes. In fact, I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom