FA Cup Final Prediction 1-3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
I predict at 1/2 time at least 1 person will say 'Its a game of two halves' and after the game 3 players/managers will say 'At the end of the day'

Final score? About the same.

i'm at work so i'm gonna miss it :(

at least it means i won't have to listen to peter schemichael and mark lawrensen on the BBC, god i hate those 2 :mad:

Hansen is cool through :wink:

2-1 to arsenal methinks

United won all the matches against Arsenal this season,the last time 4-2 on Arsenal stadium.They are certenly much better team but now you have to take current situation in United(takeover by that stupid Glazer who does not know what football is),dissapointed fans and players.The Boss and Keano will leave the club at the end of the season.It will not be the same club next year.Prediction:2-2,United wins on penalties and Roonie scores twice for United.

I predict Rooney will murder at least two people, right in front of the ref, and get no more than a yellow card.

At some point, probably within the first 5 minutes, a commentator will make a reference to "Can you believe this man is only 19?".

uwwedoogie said:
united suck... arsenal suck... liverpool - ac is all you need to worry about :wink:

1 Chelsea 38 29 8 1 +57 95
2 Arsenal 38 25 8 5 +51 83
3 Manchester United 38 22 11 5 +32 77
4 Everton 38 18 7 13 -1 61
5 Liverpool 38 17 7 14 +11 58
6 Bolton Wanderers 38 16 10 12 +5 58

Not sucking too bad here.

Aardvark747 said:
I'm working - so I shall be recording the game, so i'm gonna have to try from 3-5pm, to not find out the score!!:wink:

2-0 to UTD tho!!

Same here. Gonna have to record it (after paying $25.00) and watch it after work. Here it comes on at 7:00 am. I'll watch it around 4:00pm and not listen to Virgin Radio during the day (Dam that Rock & Roll football) Plus Boddies go down better at 4:00 pm than they do at 7:00 am.

we robbed Man Utd today..

But so what! We had it done to us by Liverpool in 2001. And Man Utd did the same to Bayern Munich to win European Cup in 1999. End of day, there were no goals. A team can hit woodwork 100 times in a game but unless you score, its pointless.

So we got a trophy!!!!!!!

Party Boy said:
we robbed Man Utd today..

But so what! We had it done to us by Liverpool in 2001. And Man Utd did the same to Bayern Munich to win European Cup in 1999. End of day, there were no goals. A team can hit woodwork 100 times in a game but unless you score, its pointless.

So we got a trophy!!!!!!!

I was there!!!:hyper:

Left home 4.30am got home 1.30am...but worth every minute:yes:

I agree with your points.Football is a funy game at times. At the end of the day it's got to be decided somehow. I think that you could say that Arsenal's name was on the cup this season.

Arsenal get the Cup but not the glory
Sun 22 May, 11:05 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Arsenal will have left Cardiff's Millennium Stadium with the FA Cup trophy and the sneaking suspicion they are still no real match for Manchester United.

United shattered Arsenal's Premier League title defence with a 2-0 victory in October, dumped them out of the League Cup in December, humiliated them in a 4-2 win at Highbury in February and played them off the park on Saturday.

Arsenal had the last laugh by wresting the Cup back from United after the first penalty shootout in the history of the world's oldest club competition. But they had little else to celebrate.

United were by far the better team on the day, limiting a plodding Arsenal to one scoring chance in two hours of football -- a wickedly curling free kick from substitute Robin van Persie.

Even allowing for the absence of injured striker Thierry Henry, the Premier League's top scorer, it was small beer for a club so admired for their fluid attacking style.

Despite unexpectedly playing with a fifth man in midfield behind a lone striker, Arsenal made little headway in the final third and foundered completely when faced with Rio Ferdinand in United's defence.

Ironically, the Arsenal player who rose to the occasion was the one who had been regularly dropped by manager Arsene Wenger and criticised by the media -- keeper Jens Lehmann.

The German twice needed help from the woodwork but his sharp reflexes were a match for Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, while the superb penalty shootout save against Paul Scholes eventually proved decisive.

With performances like Saturday's, which followed a strong finish to the season, Arsenal's once-pressing need for a new goalkeeper is now looking like an optional extra.

BRIGHT POINTS

The other bright points for next season are the young players who have stiffened the Arsenal spine, central defender Philippe Senderos and midfielder Francesc Fabregas, and the promise of forwards Persie and Jose Antonio Reyes.

However, United were still able to carve their way through an Arsenal defence which had no real answer to Ronaldo's swashbuckling raids down the flanks or Rooney's surging runs through the middle.

For United boss Alex Ferguson also has youth on his side in the battle with the new force in English football, champions and League Cup holders Chelsea.

As Ferguson pointed out, his United side is a mixture of youngsters, players in their mid to late 20s and only one older player in skipper Roy Keane, who will be 34 in August.

"We're heading towards a new team with some of the young players that are here, and we've got no problems age-wise apart from Roy Keane really," Ferguson said.

"The ones who are 30, and Ryan Giggs at 31, are fit lads and they can play for another two or three years quite easily."

Missed chances meant United ended 2005 without a trophy to show for their new owner Malcolm Glazer, while Arsenal's third FA Cup in four seasons needed large dollops of luck to secure.

Both issues will need to be addressed if the two clubs who dominated the English game for most of the past decade are to derail Chelsea next season.

I have never liked penalty 'shootouts' but at the end of the day its a game of two halves ... er, and two other shorter halves ... and then some penalties.

Back
Top Bottom