Extreme Makeover Home Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Man, this show turns me into a blubbering baby sometimes. I feel like a total fool for feeling sorry for myself when I'm down and then I watch this show and see what other people have to overcome in their lives. And there are tens of thousands of people who struggle with adversity everyday, what the hell am I bitchin about?

This week they help renovate the home of a woman who has adopted 7 girls with a variety of challenging disabilities ranging from a crib fire victim to missing their lower limbs. Their oldest adopted brother Anthony had died of an illness last Christmas too. Their home was in good condition but not suitable for the kids with their challenges. A very touching and uplifting episode this week.

omg I love this show:love:

it does get the old eyes tearing up at times*sniff

preston:drool::shifty:

I LOVE this show, and I'm not an emotional person, but it gets to me sometimes.

I wanted to nominate my friend's family, but it's really hard to do w/o them knowing (like for a surprise). You have to know the dimensions of the house and a bunch of details about the utilities, etc. My friend Amanda died of cancer just before Christmas a few years ago. She was only 20 and the sweetest soul ever. She had an 8 lb tumor removed from her abdomen and everything was going well for over a year until the cancer came back and eventually got the best of her. Her family lives in a small, older house and has a dairy farm. I'm sure they're happy and thankful for what they have, but I know it sucked for them, especially Amanda's younger siblings, having to put their lives on hold while she was sick and having to devote all of their finances toward her medical bills. I wish I could give them a new house.

Back
Top Bottom