Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick RULES:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Have a peaceful weekend Ms. BonoChick:wink:

my name is quite simply the result of about 45 minutes of trying so many log in names...neverman is the only name that was not being used. Don't let the name fool ya....I am really not a negative person...I swear! ;)

Mine is a high school nickname, Care (shortened from Karen) and my birthdate 12/30. When I was a kid I'd always say "k" instead of "ok" and my friends stuck the k at the end of the Care to make Care-k. It stuck. In other areas I use a U2 name Outtacontrol56 which doesn't need much 'splainin.

My name is from heraldry. I'm a history freak and very interested in the Middle Ages. Verte is the French feminine for "green" (in case you're not a French speaker), and 76 is for the centennial anniversary of my country, the U.S.

It started from the nick Mr. Hero, which the origins of will never be revealed. I challenge someone to find out where I got the name, but I think I will probably take it to my grave. I changed Mr. to Palace for a Crystal Palace message board, I don't know why I brought it here. I wish I didn't, I'd prefer to be Mr. Hero.

Or perhaps my rightful name, the 'King of Interference'.

lol...names

"Ever since I was a child
You always said that I should understand the rules"...

I had a friend (trying to marry me off) that actually bought me a copy of "the rules" for Christmas one year. It was such a load of cra* and totally opposite the way I am (real) that I used it for my AOL sign name for a while in defiance, but gave it a "Z" for a fast get away...
My message to her>

"You never understood
That I don't need your help
Don't have to save me from myself
Or take me out to prove
That I should live my life like you"...

my s/n is actually ELECTRICALSTORM

my real name...(try not to laugh)...actually means
"maiden of virtue and honor of the earth"

<-------- See icon for unnecessary explanation which follows anyway...

I was watching the Popmart Mexico City video a lot when I signed up, what can I say? Also found it most charming when Bono tossed the daisy at Edge's feet.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a girl. So sue me.

:wink:

PopDaisy

arw9797 said:
ARW is my initials

9797 is a stupid number I used to use at a job. I worked in a cash office and had to enter ARW 9797 as my code to get into the system. I started there in January 1997 so that's how I ended up with 9797.

I HATE THE 9797'S so if you're ever in the mood to shorten names again Sicy you can certainly feel free to change mine to just ARW :D pleaaaaaaaaase!!!!! I can't stand it when someone calls me arw9797 :sad: I feel like I did something wrong when my full name is used.

I actually just wanted to be Amanda but I think there's someone signed up with my name :mad: that's never even posted before :madspit:

:laugh:...I love this post!

Axver said:
I'm a writer and Axver is the last name of a few of my favourite characters that I've created. I still can't remember why I decided to use it as a screen name, but it's stuck and it's all I use online (except when I'm forced to have more than five characters, in which case I'm TheAxver or AmakAxver, Amak being my favourite of the Axvers).

And how did I create Axver as a last name? Not even I know. That's a mystery lost in time and all I can do is speculate on how my seven year old brain invented it.

...another good one.
:up: Axver's the man!

......... I don't know, I think mine would be too hard to explain.

The meaning changes a lot, and there is always different takes on it. I suppose I would change it to "Honour", but for once I was hastey and didn't take into consideration the global aspect of it. Considering what this forum has become for me, I don't think it is the best username for me, because it emphasizes a sort of 'self righteousness' that I, as much as anyone else, dislikes. So maybe I'd change it, I don't know. And I know my faults of being arrogant and prideful are there already, too.

It originally was an attempt at expressing an ideal. And while I still hold "honor" as an ideal, it's not an accurate enough word for my own philosohpy. It's also sort of "putting the cart infront of the horse", to be objectively critical of my username. It almost emphasizes a fakeness... which, believe it or not, I disdain.

I have a hard time with usernames for a few reasons - as you know from reading this post, I tend to be wordy when in explanation, at least..... ...the other reason being I dislike putting myself in catagories, because I never seem to agree with them completely. So, in conclusion....... "For Honor" may perhaps represent a failed attempt to illuminate an ideal, and/or attempt at proper self expression/expression of that ideal. A basic, low level concept, but perhaps one of those neccesary "failures" that lead the way to further growth, I don't know.

Oh, and lastly, it has to do with a (somewhat former) intrigue relating to knights/knighthood. I wish there was something I believed in enough to be a "knight" for that cause, to support it and devote myself to it\. But I still haeven't found what I'm looking for, so to say. I suppose that was a major initial aspect of my username, too.

Yeah, I suppose I did write a lot. But I put a lot of thought into that username, regardless. So now you know, heh.

PS: The latest twist on it comes from seeing "Don Quixote", or The Man From LaMancha. There is a lot of irony there... but I won't get into that for now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom