Explain your name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
...I just chose 747 at random cos sum1 already had 'Aardvark' as a name!:mad:

:wink:

Oh. I always thought you were attached to Boeing or something.

Is it too late to change it? :eyebrow:

I originally wanted to use 'Spiritrover' (as in those remote droid crawly things on Mars)...but someone had that name aleady (where are you now, huh?!).:rant:

So, I was stuck...and after reading something right before on the Zoo Tv tour, I thought of Bono's Macphisto character-- someone who straddles the border between good and evil, evangelist and rock star....:angel: vs :macdevil:

I have two, this one and Public_NewSense. This one is pretty much self explanitory and Public_NewSense, b'c I was always in trouble on the first message board I ever went to so I changed my name to that. And I still use it to this day but I wanted something U2 related for here.

My name has a double meaning--it's meant to be an homage to An Cat Dubh (how fired up am I that they are playing it this tour) but it also reflects the fact that my husband and I have six cats.

When I registered a few years ago, I was on tour with Cirque du Soleil. My roomate at the time was a character/dancer in the show and her character's name was 'Oceane'. I thought i was a cool nickname, although now I'm wondering how it's pronounced in English, since it was created as a (French) feminine version of 'ocean' ...:eyebrow:

Xtal, for my first name Crystal.
I tend to think of myself as a superstar in its own...
And I prefer a one name moniker, like Bono. So, Xtal.

wanderlust said:
I´m a huge R.E.M. fan. And they have song called Wanderlust. I love that song-it´s so funny for me:wink:
My really name is Barbora.

REM rocks!....I just bought "Bang and Blame"......at iTunes...

My user name was the first thing that came to my head :shrug:

I'd change the gal to girl if i could now 'cos with gal i sound like a hooker :lol:

My favourite user names on here are...

1. myusernamewassolongsicychangedit
2. yertle-the-turtle
3. Fizzing Whizzbees

:lol:

I named myself after the first U2 tour that rolled around after I became a fan. Also, I think LoveTown gives off a nice tree hugging, peace loving hippie vibe heh

but, everybody thinks Im a guy!!

This is an update on the lame reason for my name I gave earlier...and a very weird/true tale. Lately, I've been taking my love of hiking up a notch, going for the big mountains. We've got a big one just around the corner from my town called Marble Mountain. A few weeks back, I hiked to the top and noticed the hut there had its door open, and it was blowing back and forth in the wind. I went to close it, and noticed a copy of 'Blender' magazine on the table. Thom Yorke was on the cover. I've always been a distant fan of Radiohead, and a great appreciator of 'Ok Computer'. I often thought they were a band I could get into in a big way at some point; it's just that some other band from Ireland had a long-standing habit of demanding airtime. :wink:

Anyway, to make this blurb short, it was a beautiful day (no pun intended), and I sat on the steps next to the hut to read the Yorke interview. Two pages in, I read a quote from Bono, whom the magazine called for his two cents' worth. Describing the Radiohead front man, he said: "Thom is an angel singing about his devils. It's that duality -- the band is so tough, and yet his voice is so beautiful and fragile. Radiohead makes sacred music." (I just read the interview again, online, for quote accuracy.):wink:

I thought it was pretty funny...the angel/devil thing, the fact the door was open in the hut, and the fact that I was listening to U2 on my mp3 player. Also, since reading that interview, I've completely dived into Radiohead, something I've wanted to do for a long time. They are a truly greaaaaaat band...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

My name comes from a nickname Bono starting using for the Edge back during the Joshua Tree\Lovetown Tours. In a bootleg I have, Bono calls out the Edge's solo by calling him "Reggie The Dog". However, it always sounded to me like he called him "Reggie THEE Dog". I was always amused by the name, so I took it for my own here.

It's also an anagram of my name: Greg. Add and "i" and another "e" and there you have it!

I'm a writer and Axver is the last name of a few of my favourite characters that I've created. I still can't remember why I decided to use it as a screen name, but it's stuck and it's all I use online (except when I'm forced to have more than five characters, in which case I'm TheAxver or AmakAxver, Amak being my favourite of the Axvers).

And how did I create Axver as a last name? Not even I know. That's a mystery lost in time and all I can do is speculate on how my seven year old brain invented it.

I came up with 00Kevin for my james bond video game, because it sounds like 007. It kind of stuck with me because some people thougth it was funny. I'm kind of sick of it now, but o well.

My name is an acronym of Les Jours Tristes a song by Yann Tiersen...it means Sad Days...i just kinda liked the song i suppose.

I was trying to come up with a username for some site or other and somebody had already chosen all the ones I wanted. I got fed up, typed in 'echo' and some numbers...

I've been using it out of sheer laziness every since.

Man, am I boring...:|

My name is from a part of Tampa, FL called Ybor City. There's a bunch of Restuarants and Clubs, it's closed off for the most part to car traffic. Unfortunately over the years it's become a place with a lot of crime.

I now live about 40 minutes to the south but still get up to Tampa once a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom