Explain me to me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Someone explain men to me please...especially the ones who've gotten burned bad by a mean girl. How do you break down that wall to get to know them better after that?
confused.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I think most of the time it's impossible. Guys like that seem to love being walked all over so it's like banging your head against a brick wall if you want to treat them nice. *sigh*

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I think most of the time it's impossible. Guys like that seem to love being walked all over so it's like banging your head against a brick wall if you want to treat them nice. *sigh*

I can't get near enough to his innnermost thoughts about it to even think about walking all over him...know what I mean?

From the male perspective...don't try too hard. If he wants to let you in, he will. It might take a bit of time, so if you think he's worth the effort, develop a relationship slowly, and hopefully you'll break the wall down in due time.
If he was burned very badly, it may be difficult.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I can't get near enough to his innnermost thoughts about it to even think about walking all over him...know what I mean?

Exactly what you mean. Guys are so confoozing.

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

I'm going to try to get together with him, on a "this is not a date" type thing and get to know him like that. Like lunch or whatever. I think that's something he'd do...non-pushy, non-threatening.

Take your shirt off.

------------------
~ME THREE

I live in a town where you can't smell a thing
You watch your feet for cracks in the pavement.

Seriously, do you and he and some mutual friends? If so, try and get together as a group and try to get to know him better that way.

And if that doesn't work, don't discard taking your shirt off. Works everytime!
icon36.gif

Good luck!

No shirt taking off...yet...hehe. No we don't have any mutual friends. Ah well, I'm still open to suggestions and thoughts.
smile.gif

Okay, okay I hear you. Like you said earlier, casual things are good. Lunch, coffee, etc. Really, it's on his time schedule. When he's ready it will be evident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom