Evolution - It Thinks It's People!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, I think this is really creepy. *shudder*

JERUSALEM (AP) -- A young monkey at an Israeli zoo has started walking on its hind legs only -- aping humans -- after almost dying from a stomach illness, the zoo's veterinarian said Wednesday.

Natasha, a 5-year-old black macaque at the Safari Park near Tel Aviv, began walking exclusively on her hind legs after a stomach ailment nearly killed her, zookeepers said.

Monkeys usually alternate between upright movement and walking on all fours. A picture in the Maariv daily on Wednesday showed Natasha standing ramrod straight like a human. The picture was labeled humorously, "The Missing Link?"

Two weeks ago, Natasha and three other monkeys were diagnosed with severe stomach flu. At the zoo clinic, she slipped into critical condition, said Igal Horowitz, the veterinarian.

"I was sure that she was going to die," he said. "She could hardly breathe and her heart was not functioning properly."

After intensive treatment, Natasha's condition stabilized. When she was released from the clinic, Natasha began walking upright.

"I've never seen or heard of this before," said Horowitz. One possible explanation is brain damage from the illness, he said.

Otherwise, Horowitz said, Natasha's behavior has returned to normal.

vert.monkey.walking.ap.jpg

I think this was a thread somewhere else. Somebody suggested that she started walking upright because it lessened the pain in her stomach. I think that person was on to something.

ahhhh. the title of this thread reminds me of my old interference friend soylent green....or was his name pre-packaged arabian bear?

Crap. my memory fails me again. Maybe bobo can refresh my memory.

Back
Top Bottom