Everybody Hates Chris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I know there's a conflict with another show, but I have seen the ads for it and it does look funny, I'd like to watch. Maybe I should crank out the VCR........

Is this like the opposite of Everybody Loves Raymond?

I thought it was cute, not rolling on the floor laughing or anything. The father reminded me of how my father was w/ money so that was amusing I guess :slant:

I think it has some potential but it won't last unless it really improves.. get past stereotypical behavior, have more character development

MrsSpringsteen said:
I thought it was cute, not rolling on the floor laughing or anything. The father reminded me of how my father was w/ money so that was amusing I guess :slant:

I think it has some potential but it won't last unless it really improves.. get past stereotypical behavior, have more character development

Agreed. It has potential, but it needs to figure out exactly where it's going, and not try to get there too fast.

I thought it was very good. Loved the bit with the fight and Ebony and Ivory playing in the background. Hee!

i really wanted to like this

i think c rock

is cutting edge

this was not

the eddie murphy clay-mation series was much better and it did not last

i may give it one more chance

I loved it. Yes, most of the characters need development, but c'mon, it was only the pilot. The "ghetto snob" mother and strong father already seemed quite developed for parents on a family sitcom.

And it was doing some slightly edgy stuff for a sitcom: The signs, Chris Rock's narration (loved that "He used the same excuse ten years later. And it worked!" line when he saw his friend kissing Ebony.) Chris being robbed while he was walking around in love. His dad thinking Chris is talking about the neighbor when Chris wanted to talk about Ebony ... lots of great stuff.

This is one of my favorite new shows of the season. The parents are firm, yet loving and the kids are real without any of the obnoxious precociousness that usually plagues kid actors. The young gentleman who plays Chris is a true find!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom