Ever been on TV news?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Just wondering...

I took my roomies dog for a walk this afternoon - and walked by the Governor's Mansion. With the State budget getting tight, Governor Jesse Ventura is moving to his own house, and more or less abandoning (sp?) the manison. With media-types everywhere, I was asked -kinda "guy on the street with an opinion" - to be interviewed. Video at 10 p.m.

Nope...closest probably was when I was little, a local news show used to feature drawings sent in by kids that were weather-related and put one on the screen during the weather segment. Then they would say your name, age or grade in school, and where you were from. My sister and I each had a picture featured.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

My grandma was interviewed on a New Jersey channel. Don't ask . :p

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

So...

Who's gonna record zoney's appearance and make copies for all of us???
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Nope...closest probably was when I was little, a local news show used to feature drawings sent in by kids that were weather-related and put one on the screen during the weather segment. Then they would say your name, age or grade in school, and where you were from. My sister and I each had a picture featured.

Chuck?! LOL

Oh man, I so wish I had a satellite hookup so I could see this. hehe

As for myself, I've never been on tv. Thank god, cause of that whole "camera adds ten pounds" thing!
tongue.gif

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 04-30-2002).]

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Chuck?! LOL

I think the weather guy was like George Graphos or something...back home, we got our "local" news through Green Bay, even though it's an hour away and not even in our state! *lol*

We weren't a hick town though, I swear!!!!!

Once, a few years back walking out of Fenway Park on opening day. The anchorperson or whatever heard my comment about Carl Everett and asked me a few questions....
biggrin.gif

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

nope- but I used to work behind the scenes in the control room as a Director's assistant doing on-air graphics and other stuff at our local TV station-all they did each day was three news bulletins- saw some funny stuff behind the scenes and in the commercial breaks
smile.gif

What TV station interviewed you??? (So we can watch for your face on TV.)

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

One time I was on WCCO because I went with my friend to bless her cat.

I think it's on 'CCO...mmmbut I'm not sure...meh, I'll be reading history books anyways!

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Well, I was in Itaewon district of Seoul, Korea, walking around with a co-worker and basically bar-hopping in the middle of the afternoon when these two guys and a big camera approached us. The wondered if they could ask us a few questions, so we agreed.

The question was "what three things come to your mind when we say Canada" and we both replied on camera. I forgot my buddies exactly, but I think he said "hockey, Canadian mounties, and ?". Mine were "Beautiful Canadian Women, hockey, and more beautiful Canadian women
wink.gif
"!

No lie, at least thats how i remember it. Anyway, I have always wondered what those two Canadian guys used that for. I wonder if I was a big star in Canada for a while
wink.gif

Seriously, that was back in 97 though
redface.gif

------------------
Don't look now...

I've appeared in local television news programs on several occasions. They've all been of me dancing either with my ethnic Greek dance troup or in dance numbers from plays that I've been in. I don't like doing it though because every news broadcaster I've encountered has been full of themselves. But whatever. It was fun.

------------------
I from the south- I'm a southern girl.

I'm always on TV for some reason or another...I guess I should stop robbing banks.

Actually, I donated time to PBS stations and was on TV for charity drives (didn't tape myself though - didn't have a VCR back then) and I was on TV for some bizarre channel 32 thing back in Chicago in the early 80's (not even sure why I was there). Lastly, in the 90's, I was on the TV news for a "man on the street" comment about David Letterman changing networks.

I looked better on TV in the 80's. Somehow the camera added an extra 20 pounds in the 90's. It couldn't have been all that pizza I ate...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Spyplane:
Anyway, I have always wondered what those two Canadian guys used that for.

spyplane! that was you?
i grew up watching you.
i had your action figure and the poster and just yesterday i got the special edition dvd.

------------------
This is Tiger the Lion
Gimme the Knuckles of Frisco
If there?s danger in the language, gentlemen,
I suggest no further use of the two-way radio.

on your birthday too?Good one. I hope they show a shot of the dog.I like dogs.
What will become of the mansion?
Belated Happy Birthday

woops bad typo but now I find myself back here, the topic...
I haven't been on the news but did something similar to Bonochick, a children's show RTN Juniors with Uncle Dick Mclaren, a long time ago.
and once a fleeting appearance of a series of short doco's for the NPWS. I was in the Washpool National Park one. I love that place. It was an honour.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-30-2002).]

I'm a member of a local Astronomy club. I've been to several star parties, and a couple times I've been on the local news (in the background) when there was a celestial event that the news was covering.

Also, when I was a kid, I'm not sure how old, probably around 7 I guess, my mom said I was on 60 Minutes when they were doing a story on the town where I grew up, I was in a German choir and they showed us for just a few seconds.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 04-30-2002).]

Bloody hell...I MISSED it! *sigh* back to our founding fathers...

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

I was interviewed wheile standing in line for Star Wars tickets back in 1999.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, and believe me, it was a lot geekier than that.

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
I flipped between all 4 channels and didn't see you. You must not have made the cut.

Are you in Minneapolis? Oh my - I think I just figured out who this is...sorry. Cool name, right? and your birthday is May 10?

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 05-01-2002).]

Yes I have. more than once too! The first time though, I was interviewed at school.. when I was in High School.. about this girl who tried to poison one of our teachers!
biggrin.gif
I was on the 6'oclock news!
wink.gif

Originally posted by zonelistener:

Are you in Minneapolis? Oh my - I think I just figured out who this is...sorry. Cool name, right? and your birthday is May 10?

YES, IT'S ME! Hee, hee, hee. Thanks for the name, by the way. Otherwise I would have to be "Bodie's Mom" or something like that.
smile.gif

How is Bodie doing? Gardening help needed?

The little Bodie dude is doing great. He's done with his weekly Vet visits. Now he just is on a maintence program.

Daffodils are blooming in the garden and the fountain has been unveiled. (no water in it yet...except a bit of melted snow)

How are YOU doing? How's the new pad, etc.?

Did anyone see you on the news? (keeping this on topic)
smile.gif

LMAO!!! Way to not remember you giving that name to her...bwahahahahah! Of course I only figured it out cos she talked about Bodie...but hey...I didn't give the name! Ahh jeff...you are SO my favorite! *looks in purse and sees roadrunner tattoos* ....ehm, sometimes.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

When I was in New York during my holiday, some TV lady and a camera man came up to me and asked whether I minded answering a few questions for some TV program. I agreed, but they didn't warn me that all three questions were about American history! I only guessed the last question, which was to complete a sentence that appears on some important American seal or document and started with "Together we stand..." You'd have to be really dumb not to guess, "divided we fall",
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom