Error Island, Sitka County, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I have a side project lined up already, which I'm going forward with. Currently it's me and one other dude trying our best to write catchy acoustic shit a'la Fleet Foxes.

Yes. My posts come in spurts. My posts are like an orgasm in a failing romance: once or twice a month. Your posts are more like daily urination.

... I am not quite sure how I feel about this comparison, arsehole.

... I am not quite sure how I feel about this comparison, arsehole.

Oh come now. It's fair. Both need be done. Yours is more dire to one's health. Mine is more fun. Isn't that indicative of our personalities in general? :wink:

I would do a listening party, y'know, if it was fucking ever something I might enjoy.

Oh, and I have a side project lined up already, which I'm going forward with. Currently it's me and one other dude trying our best to write catchy acoustic shit a'la Fleet Foxes.

Just try to avoid finishing your songs about 2 minutes too early.

So did you know that besides Don't Dream It's Over, the only Crowded House stuff I've ever heard was in DI?

I'm against every song being short, but a couple short songs are nice. I'm also against every song being over five minutes.

1. Touche. :laugh:

2. Probably a few U2 ones. We did most of the band's discography around that time.

3. You don't like eighties U2?

1. Yes.

2. I see.

3. You did all the good ones without me already?

You should do something about that. Get Together Alone.

Yes. Hell, even my favourite song by them, Your Protector, could use another minute.

Maybe someday I'll listen to more Crowded House. But their stuff never really grabbed my attention I guess. That makes me a little less to check them out sooner rather than later.

And Your Protector is your favourite? That's in my bottom 5 (total by them, bottom 3 from the album). :laugh:

So, the Le Vainqueur EP that I downloaded is the same as the bonus tracks from Gold. :happy: Only it's the original masters.

Then again, most all I listen to of U2 these days anymore is the Best of 1980-1990 and The Joshua Tree.

Ashley and I listened to Dial M last night at the same time. Does that constitute a listening party?

Maybe someday I'll listen to more Crowded House. But their stuff never really grabbed my attention I guess. That makes me a little less to check them out sooner rather than later.

And Your Protector is your favourite? That's in my bottom 5 (total by them, bottom 3 from the album). :laugh:

I have made favourable comparisons in the past between Together Alone and UF.

Yes. From my RYM review of the album:

The high point, personally, is undoubtedly the very catchy and memorable Your Protector. In terms of low points, Fleet Foxes simply need to capitalise on their ideas more; barely any tracks break the four minute mark, making you wonder if they're a bit unsure how to flesh out some of their ideas. He Doesn't Know Why is the best example; it seems destined to be one of the album's best tracks before reaching a premature conclusion and dithering about in what seems to be little more than a wasteful exercise to at least get the track length clear of 3 minutes.

But I'm listening to I Am The Portuguese Blues now. Their only solid rock-the-fuck-out album.

I haven't listened to UF in ages. I was sorta gonna wait for the remaster.

That could be a while.

Then again, most all I listen to of U2 these days anymore is the Best of 1980-1990 and The Joshua Tree.

I mainly only listen to the first four albums and my revised JT.

I'm not too keen on the Best Of any more.

Ashley and I listened to Dial M last night at the same time. Does that constitute a listening party?

A couple of the UF listening parties have really just been me and Ashley.

Yes. From my RYM review of the album:

The high point, personally, is undoubtedly the very catchy and memorable Your Protector. In terms of low points, Fleet Foxes simply need to capitalise on their ideas more; barely any tracks break the four minute mark, making you wonder if they're a bit unsure how to flesh out some of their ideas. He Doesn't Know Why is the best example; it seems destined to be one of the album's best tracks before reaching a premature conclusion and dithering about in what seems to be little more than a wasteful exercise to at least get the track length clear of 3 minutes.

:lol: How sad. I've always loved He Doesn't Know Why. And I like how they break into the little conclusion pieces, just flavour the meat of the music a touch, and then it's over. I love little hooks like that. I don't think they detract. They simply make me want to relisten again and again and again.

That could be a while.

I mainly only listen to the first four albums and my revised JT.
I'm not too keen on the Best Of any more.

A couple of the UF listening parties have really just been me and Ashley.

I hope it's not too terribly long.

I've lost a lot of interest in Boy and October over the last 6 months. I guess I listen to War a bit, too. But only at work. Interestingly, I find their best production work to be on War.

:lol: How sad. I've always loved He Doesn't Know Why. And I like how they break into the little conclusion pieces, just flavour the meat of the music a touch, and then it's over. I love little hooks like that. I don't think they detract. They simply make me want to relisten again and again and again.

In that song's case specifically, I'm aching for another verse/chorus, and instead it just dithers. What a letdown. At least the Arcade Fire provide some satisfaction before going into ditherland with Wake Up. Fleet Foxes seem to want to dither sooner.

Oh shit. I mistakenly have been telling everyone Talking Voice Vs. Singing Voice is only 28 minutes. It's 32. I Am The Portuguese Blues is the one that's 28 minutes. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom