Episode 3: Best and worst.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Ok, I'm interested in a listing the best of worst scenes form ROTS. Mine would be:

Best: Mace Windu's death scene. The drama here is very riveting.

Worst: Palpatines's ridiculous facial expressions during the rescue/escape scene early in the movie. A couple of his glances toward R2D2 while the ship they're on is blowing apart are utterly embarrissing, especially considering this is Sith Lord.

just imagine what would happen if that cruiser blew up and they didnt make it... the whole galaxy would be better off:huh:

Hard to choose one best scene - many of the characters shined much brighter in this film than in the last two.

And I can't say there was a scene that I would want to "fix" (like Padme's declaration of love in Episode 2 :barf: )

WinnieThePoo said:
best : the whole film
worst : jar-jar binks lives

Agreed. I would have loved it if Anakin decaptitated Jar Jar with Jar Jar screaming "Meesah gonna die!"

best - obi wan fighting general grievous. splitting arms! four lightsabers! :hyper:

worst - general grievous's hacking cough

WinnieThePoo said:
best : the whole film
worst : jar-jar binks lives

:up: about Jar-Jar, at least he doesn't speak in this movie.

Best: The fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan, very intense. That little speech about being the choosen one, being like a brother and loving him, :sad:

Worst: The love scenes between Anakin and Padme.

best, the beginning when Anakin was still nice to Obi Wan and Padme'

worst, the part where he chokes Padme' and she says her heart is breaking :sad:

Layton said:
Ok, I'm interested in a listing the best of worst scenes form ROTS. Mine would be:

Best: Mace Windu's death scene. The drama here is very riveting.

Worst: Palpatines's ridiculous facial expressions during the rescue/escape scene early in the movie. A couple of his glances toward R2D2 while the ship they're on is blowing apart are utterly embarrissing, especially considering this is Sith Lord.

Yeah I was cracking up at some of his looks. Although he is a Sith Lord, he has to pretend to be helpless.

Windu got the best death scene.

Obi-Wan kicked ass! Anyone talk about Dooku making a bitch him don't get it. I've read the novel and you get some inside to what else is happening. The point is to turn Anakin. Dooku wasn't going to kill Anakin, he wanted to turn him over to the Dark side. Hurting and getting Obi-Wan out of the way helped in doing so.

Also, Dooku almost thinks of Obi-Wan as his grandson since Dooku was Qui-Jon's master.

yeah yeah too much information.....

Best: The duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin, especially Obi's anguished speech at the end. "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" Wonderful stuff. This is THE duel to end all duels. I loved every minute of it.

Worst: The fact that it took Anakin all of five seconds to go from demanding Palpatine get a trial, to falling on his knees and swearing loyalty to him.

And not a worst, but a WTF? In A New Hope, Obi-Wan tells Luke he hasn't gone by that name since "before you were born." But we see nothing to indicate this. So what is up with that? Where did he get "Ben" from? Why would he tell Luke that about his name?

miss becky said:

Worst: The fact that it took Anakin all of five seconds to go from demanding Palpatine get a trial, to falling on his knees and swearing loyalty to him.

Hey that's the dark side for you. He didn't want to lose Padme.

Did you get that after he swore loyalty to Palpatine. Palpatine goes well I don't know how to stop her from dying but together we'll try.

skjuls said:

Hey that's the dark side for you. He didn't want to lose Padme.

Did you get that after he swore loyalty to Palpatine. Palpatine goes well I don't know how to stop her from dying but together we'll try.

It still just rang false for me. I understand Anakin's motivations, but it happened too fast for my liking. :shrug:

Best: the I HATE YOU part... I totally bought it

Worst: anakin turning TOO easily and the whole "code 66" or whatever and EVERYONE turning faster than a blink of an eye :|

pepokiss said:
Best: the I HATE YOU part... I totally bought it

Worst: anakin turning TOO easily and the whole "code 66" or whatever and EVERYONE turning faster than a blink of an eye :|

I have to disagree with Anakin turning too easily. Palpatine has been feeding him praise for all of these years, gaining his trust etc. .............

Anakin was an arrogant Jedi. I guess I have a lot more insight because of reading the novel. Having not been deemed a Jedi Master hurt Anakin. I won't go into the details the movie left out.

Anakin was so bent on making sure Padme wouldn't die like his mother, he would have done anything.

Windu didn't trust the boy. He was careless and didn't listen to orders (watch Clone Wars).

Anakin was always conflicted over what side to choose. Did you notice his tear after killing all of the seperatists on the fire planet?

Anyway, just my opinion.

Without knowing the other backstory, I would think he turned fast. But everything that Palpatine did was to aid in turning Anakin, that's why Palpatine wanted Anakin to kill Dooku, etc.

Did you get the hint, that is was probably Palapatine that got Shmi pregnant by manipulating the midicholorians to create life????????????

Last edited:
Worst: anakin turning TOO easily and the whole "code 66" or whatever and EVERYONE turning faster than a blink of an eye

I have to disagree; 'Order 66' was sensational, not to mention heart-breaking.

Did you get the hint, that is was probably Palapatine that got Shmi pregnant by manipulating the midicholorians to create life????????????

Now, I've heard some people talk about this. However, I can't see where in the film, or in the book for that matter, Lucas hinted that Palpatine brought about Anakin's birth by manipulating the midichlorians. Its a very interesting theory, but I can't see how anything in the film 'hinted' towards that. Perhaps you can show us an example? I tend to be quite blind with these things.

BEST: A tie of three between Mace Windu's death scene ('POWER, UNLIMITED POWER!!!!'), the Calamari ballet scene ('The Dark side of the force provides a path way to many abilities 'some' consider to be 'unnatural') and that scene where Anakin and Padme sense each other across Coruscant - Lucas could never write romantic dialogue to save his life, which is why this scene works so well, but this was a deeply emotional scene for him, I thought.

WORST: Hrm, its going to have to be that awful, AWFUL 'Nooooo!' and the melodramatic gestures. A Great Pop-Culture Icon reduced to a mountain of really stinky cheese. Not good.

Ant.

pepokiss said:

Worst: the whole "code 66" or whatever and EVERYONE turning faster than a blink of an eye :|

They are clones and were bred to only follow orders! Why wouldn't they follow a command that has somehow been implemented into them? Not sure how Palpatine implanted the code but do we really need a scene showing that?

I didn't like it when Grevious opened up with four light sabers, then drove that spinning thing around. That would have given me nightmares as a little kid :no:

I also didn't like how fast he turned to the dark side :( and all the bad things he did.

But I did like the movie.

bsp77 said:

They are clones and were bred to only follow orders! Why wouldn't they follow a command that has somehow been implemented into them? Not sure how Palpatine implanted the code but do we really need a scene showing that?

Yep!! He bred them so...........................they will listen to him.

Anthony said:

Now, I've heard some people talk about this. However, I can't see where in the film, or in the book for that matter, Lucas hinted that Palpatine brought about Anakin's birth by manipulating the midichlorians. Its a very interesting theory, but I can't see how anything in the film 'hinted' towards that. Perhaps you can show us an example? I tend to be quite blind with these things.

Ant.

During the opera scene, Palpatine tells Anakin that he heard of a Sith who was so powerful he could manipulate midichlorians to create life. so one could assume the well he did it since Shmi said there was no father.

It is just a hint or speculation. The book didn't bring it up.

I would also add the scene of Vader being "rebuilt". Did you sense fear in Vader's eyes when the mask came down on his face, sealing him inside the suit for the rest of his life?

nbcrusader said:
I would also add the scene of Vader being "rebuilt". Did you sense fear in Vader's eyes when the mask came down on his face, sealing him inside the suit for the rest of his life?

Yes! I loved that bit. The utter finality of it. Very cool. :up:

nbcrusader said:

Yes, that was terrible :sad: To go from a hunk to a robotic masked man, that's creepy. Shouldn't have turned to the dark side! :shame: This is why I'm glad they changed the ghost to the young Anakin at the end of Jedi in the new DVD. When he went back to the good side, he was restored in the afterlife as what he was before ("you can make me perfect again!;) ")

U2Kitten said:
I didn't like it when Grevious opened up with four light sabers, then drove that spinning thing around. That would have given me nightmares as a little kid :no:

I also didn't like how fast he turned to the dark side :( and all the bad things he did.

But I did like the movie.

I took my 10 year old son to see the movie since he loves Star Wars, he is too much like his mom. :wink:

He loved the Obi-Wan/General Grievious battle. First words out of his mouth when Grievious had 4 light sabers was 'AWESOME'.
The one part he did close his eyes for was of course the part when Anakin catches on fire and starts to burn.

Other than that he loved the movie and hasn't stop talking about
it. I wanted him to see a Star Wars movie up on the big screen, it's a totally different thing than on a tv.

It was nice being able to take my oldest to see it, just like my parents did my brother and I when the first one came out in '77. :up:

Last edited:
During the opera scene, Palpatine tells Anakin that he heard of a Sith who was so powerful he could manipulate midichlorians to create life. so one could assume the well he did it since Shmi said there was no father.

Cool! I like that scene even better now, though I thought that was impossible.

Ant.

Best: After the Duel, Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber and takes it with him. We all know who THAT is going to.

Worst: "You're so.......beautiful."
"It's only because I'm so in love."
"No! It's because I am so in love with YOU!"

and of course

darthno5lu.jpg

inmyplace13 said:
Best: After the Duel, Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber and takes it with him. We all know who THAT is going to.

Worst: "You're so.......beautiful."
"It's only because I'm so in love."
"No! It's because I am so in love with YOU!"

and of course

darthno5lu.jpg

I totally agree with you but I think I'll add the actuall duel between Obi Wan and Anakin to the Best Parts.

nbcrusader said:

I totally agree. The sense of finality was chilling. Definitely a highlight scene. I was also really moved by the death scene of Windu, who has been one of my favs during the prequels.

Also, I guess this only counts for me because I saw this movie in French, but I got a kick out of hearing Yoda do his backwards-talk thing "en francais". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom