Enough of this Soccer Crap, how about Tiger Woods!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7 shot lead on Davis Love III and Sergio Garcia entering the weekend. No offense to Paddy Harrington, but I don't see him being a factor after the third round.

You know.. as much as I'm amazed by Tiger's ability on the golf course, and the respect that I have for him in his work ethic, I just can't endear myself to him.. It just seems that everything that he says is utter BS.. I mean he was in an interview and he's just got this phoniness to him .. "You know.. it was a tough day out there.. the course is playing brutal today, but 'Hey', I grinded it out around there and came home with some good shots down the wire.. " Hahah.. He's a PR Machine when it comes to that stuff.. But still, that doesn't take away from his ability, and the few times I've seen him play in person, I just love watching his wide array of shots and mastery of them... However, I am waiting for someone to step up to his level and play.. I'm a big Mickleson fan, and even though he doesn't succumb to the Intimidation factor that he has on almost everyone else except sergio.. He always shoots himself in teh foot..

Today (3rd Round) Mickleson's making a run.. here's to hoping he continues!

L.Unplugged

PopFly said:
Tiger has it won. Poor Phil will have to wait yet again for that first major.

Sadly.. This is true.. And now I must face the same daunting possibility.. a Grand Slam By Tiger that I did going into the final day of the masters..

L.Unplugged

Lemonite said:
It just seems that everything that he says is utter BS.. I mean he was in an interview and he's just got this phoniness to him .. "You know.. it was a tough day out there.. the course is playing brutal today, but 'Hey', I grinded it out around there and came home with some good shots down the wire.. "
L.Unplugged

I hear ya, but this is true of 99% of today's athletes. They all know their cliches forward and backward. (see Bull Durham) I honestly think Tiger is just choosing is words carefully (unlike a certain overrated Spanish challenger) so that he doesn't come across as arrogant.

Like when he won the Masters back in April and tied Arnie with 7 total majors won. The one hammerhead at ESPN tried to sucker Tiger into comparing himself with Palmer. Tiger deflected the issue modestly, and went on to praise "The King" for his contributions to the game, making it popular among the working class for the first time. That was genuine, no question.

I do wish just once he'd say something about how he "just bitch-slapped the rest of the field this week." But that's definitely not in his character.

Back
Top Bottom