England Vs Brazil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
follower said:

As for Rivaldo?s acting...every time I read comments on this I think we indeed live in different worlds, LOL...come on guys, it?s malandragem, that?s all, it doesn?t hurt anyone, does it?

Um...let's see...

It's a cardable offense.
It's a fineable offense.
It's an affront to soccer players who try to win the game by running their asses off chasing the ball.

Other than that, it's no big deal.

Surely it didn?t harm England at least. If he deserves an award for best actor in field the golden boy Beckham deserves an award for best diver in field, don?t you think? ;)
[/B}

Yes, that was a pretty bad dive by Beckham in the box, as I noted before.

follower said:

. I?ve seen no word on Brazilian midia questioning the referee?s decision to send Ronaldinho off.

As for Rivaldo?s acting...every time I read comments on this I think we indeed live in different worlds, LOL...

VAMOS L? BRASIL! RUMO AO PENTA!

I think Ronaldinho should have been yellow carded ( Red card was clearly very very very harsh)

. It wasnt England's day... :(

But BRAZIL played very well . ..There are not loser like ITALY..complaining about bad decisions.. Well done Brazil...

brettig said:

Why is everyone blaming Seaman? It was a simply fantastic shot by Ronaldinho. Sure Seaman was off his line but how often does a shot like that come off? Anyways I don't think Seaman made any other errors during the cup and he remains the best keeper in England...hes better than having calamity James in there anyway!

Fantastic shot by Ronaldinho - correct but a bad judgement by goalkeeper..but such mistakes do happen. cant blame anyone for that. I would have expected Seaman to clear that. The key was concentration. There was another clever play by Koreans when they nearly scored hitting under the legs of the defence wall.

Im not so sure it was a deliberate shot... but it was a bad goalkeeping error. I think Seaman has always been overated, although he didnt seem the same after he hurt his back taking that catch in the first half.

As for the red card, most commentators i heard thought it was ridiculous, maybe, maybe a yellow card but it was the softest straight red in world cup history (ignoring the occasional retaliation by d.beckham against argentinians).

zoomerang II said:
Im not so sure it was a deliberate shot... but it was a bad goalkeeping error. I think Seaman has always been overated, although he didnt seem the same after he hurt his back taking that catch in the first half.

I think it was a deliberate shot.. ( and a bit lucky one ).. Most commentators were saying that it was a mis-hit cross but I have a feeling that it wasnt a mis-hit..

Seaman was bit away from the goaline..I feel sorry for him..bad error in a crucial game... :sad: I thought the goal keeper from USA was the best in the tournament.

rafmed said:
For those that believed no one could be a best goalkeeper than Friedl, meet Herr Oliver Kahn.

About Kasey Keller he is usually as good as Friedl, but he had a bad season in Europe this year, Friedl is the best USA have.

I think Kahn is certainly one of the best in the world atm, probably just my national pride prevents me from saying THE best ;)

I 3 best in the world atm in my opinion are (in no particular order) Shay Given, Kahn, and Buffon - he was magnificent against Korea, the save from the free kick was something else.

But Kahn is an exceptional keeper, such a huge guy, and probably seems twice as huge when you're trying to pick you're spot past him, as only Robbie Keane has managed to do in this World Cup. The others will have their work cut out to beat him if Germany are not to win the world cup. (which I'd quite like to see as it'd make me ?100 richer :laugh:)

Someone said Ramos was handy with the red cards. Did he have to give it to Ronaldinho?!!!We've been robbed:(
I think Seaman took a very bad jarring to his spine (especially for us "old folk" it takes longer to recover) He was shaken I think ( I hate seeing injured players , play on, men of steel imho)
They are all equally great actors and athletes.

But apart from that....WOW!!!!:heart:
**cass hugs follower**
I think the dance I did to your national anthem must have helped, surely. and I was singing Soulfly, when Ronaldinho put that shot away. Might have helped:)
GO Brasil!!!

Someone named a flower after him:angel:

Attachments

• ronaldotulip.jpg
    ronaldotulip.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 40
First thanks Acrobat Man, cass, Salome...and everyone who enjoyed the performance of our Sele??o yesterday :)

speedracer said:

Um...let's see...

It's a cardable offense.
It's a fineable offense.
It's an affront to soccer players who try to win the game by running their asses off chasing the ball.

Other than that, it's no big deal.

Yes, that was a pretty bad dive by Beckham in the box, as I noted before.

Man! Do you ever have fun there? :D I?m kidding. I agree with most of what you said above, but the referee didn?t buy it anyways...neither he bought Beckham?s scuba diving :D That?s what I meant when I said that England wasn?t harmed...neither Brasil was. I was just trying to put things in perpective...my perspective maybe, for this sort of things are not so serious stuff around these parts, but oh well...In fact I got worried that somehow Rivaldo?s eyes had been hurt when the English guy beat his face, but it didn?t happen fortunetaly.

The fact is that, acting or not acting, Rivaldo's talent is unquestionable, the man is a killer, a craque as we say here. And so is Ronaldo, and Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldinho Ga?cho. They surely are soccer players who don't need to run their asses off chasing the ball to win the game. Right? ;)

Last edited:
follower said:

Man! Do you ever have fun there? :D I?m kidding. I agree with most of what you said above, but the referee didn?t buy it anyways...neither he bought Beckham?s scuba diving :D That?s what I meant when I said that England wasn?t harmed...neither Brasil was. I was just trying to put things in perpective...my perspective maybe, for this sort of things are not so serious stuff around these parts, but oh well...In fact I got worried that somehow Rivaldo?s eyes had been hurt when the English guy beat his face, but it didn?t happen fortunetaly.

The fact is that, acting or not acting, Rivaldo's talent is unquestionable, the man is a killer, a craque as we say here.

That's what makes it even more pathetic. Instead of writhing in mock pain on the ground, Rivaldo could just get up, go steal the ball from the guy who tackled him, march down 75 yards and score the goal himself, but instead of doing that he wants the referees to help him out.

I'm not Rivaldo's biggest fan, but I really can't see what all this is about:
the man gets a hand in his face

all footballers overreact when they are fouled, if only because they are worried they might be injured

I really don't believe Rivaldo is any worse than most other football players (esp. D. Beckham)

Back
Top Bottom