England Vs Brazil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to Brazil, they really dominated England in the 2nd half.

Ronaldinho didn't deserve the red card, but Rivaldo definitely deserved a red card, a lifetime ban from all international competition and the cancellation of his Screen Actors Guild license. Especially humorous was the time he got brushed in the face and fell to the ground, rolling around and screaming in pain, one hand covering his face and the other hand making the card motion.

Well done Brazil showed the English how its done, I hope there's no complaining from the Englishj, they havent played one good match in this world cup.

And not only were they beaten by Brazil but by 10-man brazil after Ronaldinhno was sent off for er... nothing as far as I could see.

The most interesting battle seemed to be between Beckham and Rivaldo for who could pull off the most ridiculous dive. Both did admirably, but the oscar goes to Rivaldo, both should've been sent off.

Thank God I dont have to hear The Great Escape, or Rule fecking Britannia, or any of England's other crap songs again this World Cup.

Ah yes, Beckham's dive in the penalty area. The ref made the right no-call there,

Yeah congrats to Brazil, commiz to England.......aww what a scene.........bugger everyone in our work sayin Seaman pulled a 'Gazza'........he was feelin emotional, and I LUV OUR SEAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in reality, Brazil are too good a team, are very dertermined and can be hard to defeat, England tried, but lost it once Brazil got goin, and thats the truth..........but England should be proud, they did so well anyway...........*cheers and claps for the lads*

Its a shame, its disappointin, but England have never reached any further anyway..................maybe hope for Euro 94......when Im ..............28!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!

Beckam looked GORGEOUS all hot and sweaty with shirt off huggin tearful Seaman.....

Ach bless Seaman, hes a lovely lovely man,,,,, I really REALLY adore him......:)

:yes:

what a shame, but good on Brazil

HOWEVER Im shocked and a bit surprised about one ting............its a damn shame, just as top-countries were knocked out.....................its a damn shame Brazil wasnt too, that would have been one hell of an amazin World Cup, to have the little countries push their way to the top.....

But, Ireland and England both played really well....:up: to both teams.!

:D

I feel proud of Ireland and I'm not even Irish! lol They certainly played a better match against Spain.

Brazil, 10 men down and England still couldn't score an equal. It's good that they got as far as they did but, well..

ARSE.

Brazil deserve the award for best actors on pitch. Man did they overplay - a hand in the face and it's the end of the world. :tongue:

Sour grapes?

Moi?

I feel sorry for David Seaman, I just wanna give him a BIG HUG!!!!! We love you David!!!

Jo

u2elevatejo said:
Brazil deserve the award for best actors on pitch.

I agree with this.

I feel sorry for David Seaman, I just wanna give him a BIG HUG!!!!! We love you David!!!

I agree with this too... That's just sad sad sad... :(

Last edited:
I tink our Sally would look sexy on the footie pitch as a footballer...;)

hed be built like Michael Owen, but with a very sweet smile.....and coupled with his ball, they'd make the cutest couple eva!!!!!!

:D

((((((((((((((((((((((squashes Sally tight!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:):D:D:happy:

Salome said:
they also deserve the award for best players on the pitch

congrats Brasil !!!!!!!!!

yea, okay, okay, congrats Brazil! Brazil to take the cup?

I'm going for a Brazil - Corea final! lol

Jo

Hm... Where's follower and other brazilians?? I guess they must be celebrating hard!!! Hehehe... Congrats!

I still think it's a shame that Rivaldo did a bit too much acting on the pitch...
icon38.gif

*follower waves...too tired and suffering from sleep deprivation*

Somebody said here first....may the best team win. That?s exactly what hapenned.

"Nothin' much to say I guess"

Now for the pictures:
336461870.jpg

Brazil's Rivaldo (C) is hugged by team mates Roberto Carlos (L) and Edmilson (top) after scoring against England during a World Cup quarter-final match in Shizuoka June 21, 2002. REUTERS/Ian Waldie

1477197848.jpg

Brazilian midfielder Rivaldo (C) is congratulated by his teammates captain and defender Cafu (L) and midfielder Ronaldinho after he scored his team's first goal during the England/Brazil quarterfinal match of the FIFA 2002 Soccer World Cup, 21 June 2002 at Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa. AFP PHOTO DANIEL GARCIA [126422

940539943.jpg

Brazil pose for a team picture before the start of their World Cup Finals quarter final match with England in Shizuoka June 21, 2002. Front row (L to R) are Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo and Kleberson. Back row (L to R) Edmilson, Lucio, Gilberto Silva, Roque Junior, Marcos and Cafu. REUTERS/Dylan Martinez

Now it?s party time...again :D

3087835145.jpg

336535584.jpg

:)

u2elevatejo said:
I feel proud of Ireland and I'm not even Irish! lol They certainly played a better match against Spain.

Brazil, 10 men down and England still couldn't score an equal. It's good that they got as far as they did but, well..

ARSE.

Brazil deserve the award for best actors on pitch. Man did they overplay - a hand in the face and it's the end of the world. :tongue:

Sour grapes?

Moi?

Jo

Someone should remind those Irish lovers that Spain had ONLY 9 men on the field during the extra time.

I wonder where the overrated Beckham was when he was needed?

Sour grapes? no kidding!

CONGRATS BRAZIL!

CONGRATS FOLLOWER!

THANK YOU BRAZIL!

And about ol' Seaman, sooner or later he was going to cost his team.

rafmed said:

And about ol' Seaman, sooner or later he was going to cost his team.

Why is everyone blaming Seaman? It was a simply fantastic shot by Ronaldinho. Sure Seaman was off his line but how often does a shot like that come off? Anyways I don't think Seaman made any other errors during the cup and he remains the best keeper in England...hes better than having calamity James in there anyway!

brettig said:

Why is everyone blaming Seaman? It was a simply fantastic shot by Ronaldinho. Sure Seaman was off his line but how often does a shot like that come off? Anyways I don't think Seaman made any other errors during the cup and he remains the best keeper in England...hes better than having calamity James in there anyway!

A difficult shot, but Seaman has to make that save. I'd say the same thing about the goal that Germany scored on Brad Friedel (a shot that I think Kasey Keller would have saved).

Prob is, in a match no-one can predict anything, not how the players will play nor where the ball will go....I tink that moment of play where Seaman was unfort just shows u that it was tight.........but unexpected when it took off and too late to save...........its a shame.....but it doesnt mean hes let his country down..........

as for all this talk of 'shite play' - this is only being said because England didnt get a 2nd goal in.........if they hadda pple would never have said that - it would be completely overlooked if they genuingly were seen as shit but then scored or ruled out completely......

all I know is that in those last 30 mins England looked mad crazy.....like really agitated and pissed off at how fast time was goin and how they were gettin nowhere.............

mad1 said:

as for all this talk of 'shite play' - this is only being said because England didnt get a 2nd goal in.........if they hadda pple would never have said that - it would be completely overlooked if they genuingly were seen as shit but then scored or ruled out completely......

all I know is that in those last 30 mins England looked mad crazy.....like really agitated and pissed off at how fast time was goin and how they were gettin nowhere.............

Brazil deserves all the credit for shutting down England in the 2nd half despite being a man down. They played some excellent defense.

Yeah, Brazil behaved well except for that moment for Becks Corner Kick around 80 mins on............shit forgotten his name but he lost a tad of temper.......

it looked so like England were gonna punch Brazil - England got angry they werent doin well............I was waitin for a few bookings there.........:eek:

Its understandable - but dangerous.

Congrats Brazil! Although I did want England to win, heh. But I like Brazil a bunch, and they've been my pick since the beginning, so I'm routing for em. Poor England... good run boys! I need to get some sleep.

speedracer said:

Brazil deserves all the credit for shutting down England in the 2nd half despite being a man down. They played some excellent defense.

We fought some demons last night, our own defense. After L?cio has pratically conceeded the goal Owen scored he might have felt he should be the redeemer, at least. And he was a mad lion in the 2nd half.

As for our two goals, one name screams out loud: Ronaldinho Ga?cho :) Despite being sent off I'll never forget the way he built our first goal and scored the 2nd one.

Man, I'm exhausted!

Thanks rafmed, thanks sula...thank you all. Now for the next one ;)

i have to watch this match! i am glad that i didn't forget to set my vcr, it sounds like a great match with a happy ending.

i will provide more comments after i watch the match, in the mean time, i have a final exam to take. c u guys later!

Yaaayyy!Brazil!

brettig said:

Every time a goalkeeper is beaten by a shot from that distance, is the goalkeeper fault, period.

For those that believed no one could be a best goalkeeper than Friedl, meet Herr Oliver Kahn.

About Kasey Keller he is usually as good as Friedl, but he had a bad season in Europe this year, Friedl is the best USA have.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
Congratulations to Brazil, they really dominated England in the 2nd half.

Ronaldinho didn't deserve the red card, but Rivaldo definitely deserved a red card, a lifetime ban from all international competition and the cancellation of his Screen Actors Guild license. Especially humorous was the time he got brushed in the face and fell to the ground, rolling around and screaming in pain, one hand covering his face and the other hand making the card motion.

I would like to comment on this. I?ve seen no word on Brazilian midia questioning the referee?s decision to send Ronaldinho off. It was a bad move, he did played dangerously, he could have broken his oponent?s leg. Too bad we won?t have him in the next match due to his red card.

As for Rivaldo?s acting...every time I read comments on this I think we indeed live in different worlds, LOL...come on guys, it?s malandragem, that?s all, it doesn?t hurt anyone, does it? Surely it didn?t harm England at least. If he deserves an award for best actor in field the golden boy Beckham deserves an award for best diver in field, don?t you think? ;)

VAMOS L? BRASIL! RUMO AO PENTA!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom