England Touring Pakistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shoaib Akhtar finally goes down to Plunkett. But not before he got his HIGHEST EVER TEST SCORE, a 38!

Lunch break now. Pakistan still has 5 wickets remaining, and only trail by 23. England will need some fast wickets after lunch, or they could be looking at a sizable deficit.

cleazer said:
Shoaib Akhtar finally goes down to Plunkett. But not before he got his HIGHEST EVER TEST SCORE, a 38!
Besides Shoaib Akhtar getting his highest ever test score, Yousuf AND Kamran Akmal have BOTH surpassed their highest ever test scores in Pakistan. Their previous home highs were 124 and 41, and they're currently on 131 and 44, and counting.

Looks like Flintoff's dropped catch off Youhana at 16 yesterday was very, very costly.

:|

No way back in the series now, but I think it serves as a decent wake up call after the highs of the Ashes.

The runs have been flowing so far today, and Pakistan just crossed 500.

In this innings alone, Shoaib Akhtar, Kamran Akmal, and Yousuf have all gotten their highest test score ever! That's pretty impressive. How often do three people all set their personal bests in the same innings?

And speaking of high scores, I believe Pakistan's highest ever score against England in Pakistan was 569. That's sure to fall today. As I type this, Yousuf just hit a 6 to bring them up to 512/5.

The only question is when will they declare?

Okay, you guys are going to hate me for saying this, but Naved-ul-Hasan is currently on 40, and thats HIS highest test score ever!

Four of Pakistan's nine batsmen so far have posted their best ever test scores! That's just insane.

Pakistan declared at 636/8. That's their seventh highest score ever.

yes, I was in the mood today to look at the odds here too:

current odds for Test 3:

Draw 1.61
Pakistan 2.20
England 201.00

Sounds about right. With all the overs lost every day, England won't have to worry about holding out for 90 overs. Probably only 75 or so.

By the way, offering 201 for an England win is preposterous. It ought to be more like two hundred thousand! Under what possible scenario can anyone imagine England scoring 227 to draw even, picking up a small lead, and then declaring and taking all 10 Pakistan wickets for a total of about 30 runs?

The part that really gets me is that England would have to declare with a lead of about 50. :rolleyes: The odds of somebody declaring with a lead of only 50 must be far greater than 200 to 1.

Eight wickets in eleven and a half overs. And after Bell and Collingwood held on for so long too.

well England won the first 1 day international :dancing:

about time we beat pakistan in a game...I was begining to think sven was gonna have to schedule a friendly against them to prepare for the world cup to save face for the country:lol:

England got smoked.

We'll see if they can keep this series close. It seems like most of the series around the world over the past month or two have been quite one-sided.

293-5. Akmal once again.

I don't see England getting back from this. You know the drill - quick dismissals of the openers, a bit of hope from the middle order, but then they lose one wicket and everything collapses.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

End of over 47 (23 runs) Pakistan 332/5 (RR: 7.06)
JM Anderson 9-0-66-0 (3w) - Pavilion End
Inzamam-ul-Haq 34* (27b 2x4 1x6) Abdul Razzaq 42* (13b 5x4 3x6)

46.6 Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, hoho! a big over, full toss,
outside off, gives himself some room and drives it to wide of mid-
off for four, great batting by Razzaq
46.5 Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, SIX, Another one! great hitting by
Razzaq, full ball, on leg stump, heaved away to deep midwicket up
and over the roof!
46.4 Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, no run, slower ball, just outside off,
goes for the big heave, just mised it
46.3 Anderson to Abdul Razzaq, SIX, Bang! what a mighty hit, full ball,
he gets underneath it and lofts it high and handsome way over
long-on fence for a big six
46.2 Anderson to Inzamam-ul-Haq, one run, full ball, driven down the
ground to long-on
46.1 Anderson to Inzamam-ul-Haq, SIX, short in length, on leg stump,
Inzamam flicked it aweay off his hips to over long leg fence for a
big six

Anderson on

End of over 46 (5 runs) Pakistan 309/5 (RR: 6.72)
A Flintoff 8-1-42-0 (1w) - University End
Inzamam-ul-Haq 27* (25b 2x4) Abdul Razzaq 26* (9b 4x4 1x6)

Dear Lord. :|

u never know...one day we score 350 the next we can be out for a 100 something....we didnt get the tag of being the most unpredictable side for nothing
aussies are starting to suck these days bytheway..i hope mcgrath and warne retire soon..then they will be a totally spent force for sure and all the teams they beat in the waugh years can get back at em:mad:

damn ... dont worry aussies are gonna totally run outta steam in another couple of years...perfect timing for u guys to get back at em again..and hopefully again and again:wink:

Back
Top Bottom