England in India

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, but Indian spinners esp. Kumble have found a nice rhythm and this pitch suits them more than the Nagpur one.

But like Australia used to do, England will surely not give in easily.

It seems England made quite a few fielding errors in this game. It wasn't exactly as if India needed any HELP to reach just 144 runs.

But credit where it's due, the Indian spinners were great. :up:

And special mention goes to Kumble- match figures of 9-146 :bow:

<1000th post. :ohmy:

Last edited:
India is one of the strongest home team. Given the previous history of Mumbai pitch and the momentum of Indian spinners, India should be able to go 2-0 with strong resistance from England.

Alastair Cook ate some bad curry or something. Ouch.

I can't see England winning this at all.

England 1 Owais Shah, 2 Andrew Strauss, 3 Ian Bell, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Andrew Flintoff (capt), 7 Geraint Jones (wk), 8 Shaun Udal, 9 Matthew Hoggard, 10 James Anderson, 11 Monty Panesar.

India 1 Wasim Jaffer, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Rahul Dravid (capt), 4 Sachin Tendulkar, 5 Yuvraj Singh, 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Anil Kumble, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Sreesanth, 11 Munaf Patel.

Holy cow, England really defying the odds. Made 400, and now it's 32/3. Tendulkar c Geraint Jones b Jimmy Anderson for 1. Amazing stuff.

Yuvraj just knocked two consecutive fours though...

Dravid gone too; India's last recognised batting partnership now, with Pathan and Dhoni.

Dravid and Dhoni both dropped in the same over before Anderson's wicket; I don't think Dhoni's going to make a big score though because he tends to get overexcited.

James Anderson just took his fifth wicket of the match, Pathan clean bowled for six. Awesome stuff.

I downloaded the day three wickets on you tube, some of them are really good. Geraint Jones has come in for some stick as keeper but my word some awesome catches yesterday.

The great thing is, unless there's rain, a result is guaranteed, which means an exciting final day tomorrow. I'm actually picking England to win by a whisker (possibly less than 20 runs!)

SBS sports news showed some highlights of this game tonight, and wow, some of those catches were simply superb. Classic Catch material indeed.

I agree that this one's going to come down to the wire. Should be a good day of cricket.

England must take wickets in the morning, like they did on day 3. Else, Indian should win.

I think Tendulkar will need to undergo another surgery, so I am not too sure how confident he's be tomorrow

if India win, it will be the highest winning 4th innings total ever (by 40 or so runs) at this ground.

that said, it could happen but i'd pick England as it stands.

whatever the outcome it should be thrilling days cricket :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Some of today's highlights (assorted wickets and stuff); full highlights should be up tomorrow before start of play:

http://cricketvideosuncut.blogspot.com

Might be my new favourite site, actually.

:bow: awesome

indeed, Geraint Jones had a very good day 3.

Back
Top Bottom