ENG-LAND! ENG-LAND! any Argies here? come in and be insulted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
Sorry its late in the day for this thread, but we have all been out celebrating! More so then the queen's jublilee! Altogether now!
na na na
na na na na nah!
We'll gonna score one more then you!
ENGLAND!

i cant believe ur celebrating over that lame win. it was a bad penalty shot even. and argentina had more chances in the second quarter. it was very dissapointing game beacause i definitely expected more.

England DID play well, and England DID deserve to win. For 90 minutes we outplayed what many feel are the best team in the world at the moment, we frustrated them, we created chances and could have scored 3. Did you see the amount of passes and the passage of play that led up to Sheringhams volley? amazing! We made Argentina, the favourites, look like an ordinary team. Not many teams can say that. And it was sweet, sweet revenge for all the hurt they have caused us since 1966.
Well done boys. You did your country proud.
england3.gif

:yes:

rafmed said:
Outplayed?

To put 11 men to defend is outplay?

God, brits know about footy.

anyway, how many threads we need anout the same event?
We only put 11 men to defend in the last 15 minutes of the game. We outplayed them, frustrated them and as i say we could have scored a couple more, if we had been a been a bit luckier. So what do u expect us to do in the last period of the game? full out attack when we are 1-0 up? Thats suicide against a team of the likes of Argentina. All we could do is defend, and that we did, amazingly, this was us holding strong for the whole game for once. Now i think we played amazing, it was not a 'lame' victory, and it gives us revenge on Argentina of the times when they cheated on us. Now i don't see why we can't enjoy this victory without being criticised, because we played better than Argentina, fair and square. And i am first to criticise my country when they play badly, but when is see us play like this i feel i have every right to be pleased.
:)

Back
Top Bottom