End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Well, now that you're not spending money on booze, do you think you can afford to travel a bit more! :lol: :wink:

:hidesfromjen'sfury:

run boy run.

:mad:

:lol:

i only want to visit ireland anyway. NZ has been suggested, but having met some fine examples of its countrymen i wont bother

:tongue:

Varitek said:
in order (i think) but some i went back to:

us
canada
italy
germany
poland
czech republic
austria
britain
ghana
uganda
ireland
croatia
bosnia
slovenia
slovakia
hungary
spain
india
france
thailand

(not counting airports in 3 other countries)

this year:
serbia
montenegro
kosovo
albania
macedonia?
switzerland

from there:
morocco?
turkey?
greece?
romania?
belgium
netherlands
portugal
scotland
the rest of the eu? where easyjet flies?

and several repeats to see cities i haven't seen or seen enough of or visit people:
london
warsaw
prague
munich
berlin
spanish cities
french ones
etc

Needs more Auckland

cinnaminson said:
a very smelly town

Rotorua truly is not all it's cracked up to be.

Unless you're Ali, in which case she'll probably be in geology heaven. But I don't see why it's tourist central while Wanaka remains mostly unspoilt. I'm happy for Wanaka to remain a sleepy little town nestled in the Southern Alps, though. :up:

The Sad Punk said:

Which countries?

lol i answered this without quoting cause i started the list without waiting for someone to ask.

<-- show off with travel stuff

us states:
Massachusetts
maine
new hampshire
rhode island
vermont
connecticut
new york
new jersey :yuck:
delaware
pennsylvania
virginia
DC
maryland
arizona
california
florida
minnesota
wisconsin
illinois

counting DC that's 19

Varitek said:

lol i answered this without quoting cause i started the list without waiting for someone to ask.

<-- show off with travel stuff

us states:
Massachusetts
maine
new hampshire
rhode island
vermont
connecticut
new york
new jersey :yuck:
delaware
pennsylvania
virginia
DC
maryland
arizona
california
florida
minnesota
wisconsin
illinois

counting DC that's 19

I love how it looks like you've essentially avoided the South. :laugh:

coolian2 said:

Needs more Auckland

does easyjet fly there for under $100?

what about rail? can i take an overnight train for under $100?

i'd love to see AU/NZ some time, and i must white water raft there as i've been on 3 continents already plus israel (where does that fit?) and i intend to do some in europe and s. america at some point for 6. plus better asian rapids than the lame dry season ones in thailand.

cinnaminson said:
I've been to almost every largish town in Victoria for a holiday when I was a kid. NZ and Sydney in high school and Queensland when I was maybe 10?

My honeymoon was spent in Warrnambool :eyebrow:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i shouldnt laugh.

i spent my ONE night of honey moon in melb. we caught the train up. and didnt do it on the night.

:censored:

I really badly need to rope together a bunch of friends who can drive and do a driving tour of the South Island. Visit all the places off the beaten track that most people don't see. Fuck Queenstown. I want to drive over the Dansey's Pass and hang out in Ngapara.

Axver said:

I love how it looks like you've essentially avoided the South. :laugh:

yup. family in virginia, baseball in maryland (plus a trip there once with camp). florida's north is the south, but i've only been to the beaches/islands in the south, for spring training and a family vacation in ft myers and sanibel island respectively.

i'd like to see all 50 but it's not as much of a priority as more countries. i'd love to be able to say i've seent he whole eu

Axver said:
I really badly need to rope together a bunch of friends who can drive and do a driving tour of the South Island. Visit all the places off the beaten track that most people don't see. Fuck Queenstown. I want to drive over the Dansey's Pass and hang out in Ngapara.

I'll have my license soon enough.

Shame i always drive like i'm drunk.

coolian2 said:

I actually don't know what he did, although i can guess, but i think you guys were discussing it recently.

so that's the guy who wanted people to pay for him to go to u2 shows?

Varitek said:

yup. family in virginia, baseball in maryland (plus a trip there once with camp). florida's north is the south, but i've only been to the beaches/islands in the south, for spring training and a family vacation in ft myers and sanibel island respectively.

i'd like to see all 50 but it's not as much of a priority as more countries. i'd love to be able to say i've seent he whole eu

Yeah, you really don't need to be in a hurry to hit Tennessee. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I did for six weeks of my life there.

No, actually, I had a really good time.

mysterious_jen said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i shouldnt laugh.

i spent my ONE night of honey moon in melb. we caught the train up. and didnt do it on the night.

:censored:

someone explain why that was funny to the dumb american.

Varitek said:
in order (i think) but some i went back to:

us
canada
italy
germany
poland
czech republic
austria
britain
ghana
uganda
ireland
croatia
bosnia
slovenia
slovakia
hungary
spain
india
france
thailand

(not counting airports in 3 other countries)

this year:
serbia
montenegro
kosovo
albania
macedonia?
switzerland

from there:
morocco?
turkey?
greece?
romania?
belgium
netherlands
portugal
scotland
the rest of the eu? where easyjet flies?

and several repeats to see cities i haven't seen or seen enough of or visit people:
london
warsaw
prague
munich
berlin
spanish cities
french ones
etc

:scream:

I've never been out of Australia!

Varitek said:

does easyjet fly there for under $100?

what about rail? can i take an overnight train for under $100?

i'd love to see AU/NZ some time, and i must white water raft there as i've been on 3 continents already plus israel (where does that fit?) and i intend to do some in europe and s. america at some point for 6. plus better asian rapids than the lame dry season ones in thailand.

You might be able to hire a kayak for enough time for under $100. You could also seen Antarctica.

Seriously, if anyone comes to NZ and wants to visit most of the place, tell me. There is a shitload of stuff i want to do here that i'll never get around to otherwise.

Varitek said:

so that's the guy who wanted people to pay for him to go to u2 shows?

Yep. Early in the Vertigo Tour, he started a website asking for donations so that he could afford to go to more U2 concerts and record video bootlegs of them. I think those who donated would get copies of the DVDs in advance of their public release on torrent sites and stuff.

Things blew up and the site vanished.

Axver said:

Yeah, you really don't need to be in a hurry to hit Tennessee. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I did for six weeks of my life there.

No, actually, I had a really good time.

i'd love to do a massive road trip, hit stuff like the baseball HOF, rock and roll HOF, mt rushmore, grand canyon, catch some new orleans and atlanta and maybe memphis or whichever is the good city in tennessee. it'd be fun with either a boyfriend or group of friends.

though with my parents buying a cabin in maine, that's probably where i'll spend most of my vacation time in the US.

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

It was only a text message beep, i challenge anyone to find their phone on that brief noise.

So i got the home phone and called my mobile.

It was on the floor (WTF!)

It's amazing how often I have to do this.

But then I'm nearly legally blind. I have an excuse.

Varitek said:

i'd love to do a massive road trip, hit stuff like the baseball HOF, rock and roll HOF, mt rushmore, grand canyon, catch some new orleans and atlanta and maybe memphis or whichever is the good city in tennessee. it'd be fun with either a boyfriend or group of friends.

Sounds like something i want to do.

The Sad Punk said:

:scream:

I've never been out of Australia!

i'm spoiled. after paying for a few trips in high school, i've found a lot of ways to fund travel without it coming out of my pocket - debate tournaments (ireland!!, oxford, thailand), a scholarship here for "summer opportunities" (and study abroad weekend travels), study abroad, and now, working in bosnia, spending the rest of the scholarship in the balkans, and then being a well-paid au pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom