Emo-bands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I just want simple explanation. I think I"ve heard this one before...but still...what on earth are EMO- bands? The guy from My chemical romance said something about that last night, but i dont know who are they, what are they...anyone? :eyebrow:

Emo is meant to be "emotional rock" - but it covers such a wide variety of music now (both good and bad) .... :shrug:

Okay, that's a pretty crap explanation...

the term emo is used by a number of teenagers it was a sub genre of alternative music, but now its become so big i think it deserves to be a genre all by itself, i have heard it started in the early 2000's but has only taken off in the past year or so

but as any music genre come "the look" and this look is dark eye make up lots of eyeliner wearing all black or sometimes red, being very pale

the music is also made up of alot of screaming which is meant to lead people to cut themselves

^well that’s what my interpretation of it but im sure you could check these meanings:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Emo

there are alot of genres that fall under the "emo" catagory...emo is bands like taking back sunday, the used, and dashboard confessional, these bands don't scream all that much. as for the look it usually involves guys wearing girls pants, longer hair over your eyes, and a great deal of tight black shirts.

screamo is another genre, but I guess could be a sub genre of emo... bands in this genre often scream more then sing, examples being underoath, and alexisonfire.

Believe it or not the music is not terrible, im a big fan of Alexisonfire and Taking back sunday.. hope this cleared it up a little more for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom