Emmys tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Candace Bergen's attire was... :yuck: I couldn't believe it. It was like a bad Project Runway challenge :crazy:

and for the best duo of the evening:
1414__daily_l.jpg

i cant believe they did a plane crash skit a few hours after 50 people died in a plane crash :huh:

Queen Bee said:

I think it's being blown out of proportion. It fit with the premise of the parody. I didn't find it to be insensitive :shrug:

I agree, it's a parody of Lost, and not in anyway trying to downplay recent events.

Although I was hoping for a snake cameo. :(

AchtungBono said:

I ask again....WHO is this Stephen Colbert guy? I've never heard of him?

He has his own show on Comedy Central, The Colbert Report, which satires The O'Reilly Factor. Before that, he was a correspondent on The Daily Show.

he's done other stuff too, like Strangers with Candy, but TDS and TCR are what he's really known for

as for Barry Manilow, I didn't even know he had his own show. but...come on. Barry over Stephen for an Emmy? I think not. these are awards for television, not music - though I think Colbert's "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" would give Manilow a run for his money :wink:

I thought the show was a tad bit boring last night. Conan was good, but I am a Conan fan. I thought when he was on the plane as part of the opening skit they were gonna parody snakes....all in all it was a sleeper for me.

AtomicBono said:

He has his own show on Comedy Central, The Colbert Report, which satires The O'Reilly Factor. Before that, he was a correspondent on The Daily Show.

he's done other stuff too, like Strangers with Candy, but TDS and TCR are what he's really known for

as for Barry Manilow, I didn't even know he had his own show. but...come on. Barry over Stephen for an Emmy? I think not. these are awards for television, not music - though I think Colbert's "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" would give Manilow a run for his money :wink:

Actually, the category was "Best individual performance in a variety show". If Stephen Colbert is a reporter like Bill O'Reilly then he shouldn't have been nominated at all. He should have been nominated for best news show or something.

Barry was justly nominated for the PBS show of his performance of his one-man show in Las Vegas, which CLEARLY qualifies as a variety show.

bono_212 said:
For the record...The Colbert Report is not REALLY a news show it mocks new shows

word. it's satire. Colbert is only acting the part; he actually believes very little of what he says on the show. To act like an asshole every night surely justifies some sort of award!

AtomicBono said:

word. it's satire. Colbert is only acting the part; he actually believes very little of what he says on the show. To act like an asshole every night surely justifies some sort of award!

Bill O'Reilly's been saying that for years.

I just watched them yesterday [thanks tivo:wink:)
I loved the Conan skit in the beginning as he went through sets of different shows. Colbert & Stewart were fantastical like usual...
Kinda bummed Larry David or Carrell didnt win, but I actually like Monk & thought he deserved the win..and Hugh Laurie was looking very good..:drool:

i thought he meant in real life,
while watching the emmys it made me wonder
if steve carrell leaving the daily show for the office was in good terms..i wanted to see carrell's reaction/face when Daily Show won or when colbert & jon were up there, but i dont remember them showing him.

elevation2u said:
i thought he meant in real life,
while watching the emmys it made me wonder
if steve carrell leaving the daily show for the office was in good terms..i wanted to see carrell's reaction/face when Daily Show won or when colbert & jon were up there, but i dont remember them showing him.

I would think so, he's been back on the daily show for interviews and stuff? :shrug:

I'd like to think so, and that all the funny comedians in America (funny, not Dane Cook) are in a secret organization fighting crime and scientology.

Back
Top Bottom