Emmy Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mathew Fox should've been nominated for the last two episodes of Lost, other than that no complains

I'm glad 24 didn't get much this year and for all of the Office noms and lack of 24.

Whoohoo!
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series:

Battlestar Galactica, "Occupation/Precipice" wrtten by Ronald D. Moore

Finally a nomination that makes sense!
I haven't watched The Sopranos in years, but this kicked the crap out of the Lost 3rd Season finale, and I really enjoyed that.

Sopranos will probably end up winning, but BSG deserves it after years of writing incredible stuff. It was a crime that "Lay Down Your Burdens part 2" didn't even get nominated last year!

I was also very happy about this:
Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series

Battlestar Galactica "Exodus, Part 2" Sci Fi Channel, R+D TV in association with NBC Universal Television Studio
Felix Alcala, Director

though I actually didn't like Felix Alcala's work and the cast complained that he wasn't very respectful toward them.

Anyway, it's about damn time.

Much of the other nominees are just due to a popularity contest. It's a joke that shit like Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, and Heroes are even on the list (Masi Oka and William Shatner suck!), and amazing actors like Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, and James Callis haven't even been nominated, and they're doing the most amazing, challenging kind of acting -- not just acting cool.

Last edited:
I was happy Ugly Betty got so many nominations. I love that show so much!

I'm perplexed why Grey's Anatomy gets so much love from the voters. Friday Night Lights should have had its slot for Best Drama.

I only got into The Office over this summer through Netlixing the Season 1 and 2 DVDs, so I haven't seem Season 3 yet. Don't know what I will do in the fall since it's on opposite Ugly Betty.

I'm also loving the Battlestar Galactica non-love.

I've been meaning to watch Dexter, when's the season DVD coming out?

Queen Bee said:

August 21st :drool:

*adds to queue*

I'm so happy Desperate Housewives got fucked out of contention.

Who watches Two and a Half Men? And enjoys it?

The Sopranos is going to win out almost everything for "old time's sake," if not, it's going to be Heroes. I'm calling it right now.

Ugly Betty or The Office for best comedy, too.

Muldfeld said:

What does THAT mean?

I think it should be up for best Drama series, Lead Actor (Edward James Olmos), and Supporting Actress (Mary McDonnell), especially over Boston Legal, a good show, but come on, fucking Galactica.

I hope Heroes gets best drama, the Office gets best comedy and Rainn Wilson pulls in the supporting actor award!

"Un-shun...never!...re-shun"

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think it should be up for best Drama series, Lead Actor (Edward James Olmos), and Supporting Actress (Mary McDonnell), especially over Boston Legal, a good show, but come on, fucking Galactica.
Oh, good. I didn't know you meant "I'm loving the BSG non-love" sarcastically. It's absolutely ridiculous this show has been overlooked in previous years, but better late than never, I suppose. It's criminal that so many of the nominees don't deserve it. It's such a popularity contest when Heroes, 24, and Grey's Anatomy (which are so formulaic) are nominated. This is almost as bad as the Grammys.

Lost hasn't been good but not great in Season 3 except for the season finale, but Season 1 was really great, especially the one in which parallels are drawn between Locke's faith in his father and his faith in the island, and sacrifice of Boone. I think it was called "Deus Ex Machina." The Season 3 finale was perhaps the best after this one, though, and it was nominated for Outstanding Writing. Still, no matter how great Lost is, BSG is so much better. I've heard The Wire is amazing, but has never been nominated.

Last edited:
All I really care about thisi year strangely enough is the award for animated comedy short.

South Park • Make Love, Not Warcraft FTMFW!

Muldfeld said:

Oh, good. I didn't know you meant "I'm loving the BSG non-love" sarcastically. It's absolutely ridiculous this show has been overlooked in previous years, but better late than never, I suppose. It's criminal that so many of the nominees don't deserve it. It's such a popularity contest when Heroes, 24, and Grey's Anatomy (which are so formulaic) are nominated. This is almost as bad as the Grammys.

Lost hasn't been good but not great in Season 3 except for the season finale, but Season 1 was really great, especially the one in which parallels are drawn between Locke's faith in his father and his faith in the island, and sacrifice of Boone. I think it was called "Deus Ex Machina." The Season 3 finale was perhaps the best after this one, though, and it was nominated for Outstanding Writing. Still, no matter how great Lost is, BSG is so much better. I've heard The Wire is amazing, but has never been nominated.

24 only got a Lead Actor in a Drama nom for Kiefer, which is all it deserved.

I still think the Emmys are the most consistent "awards show" out of all of the major awards shows. The Golden Globes are a "who's the most foreign" contest, which is fine when the right people win, you know? The Oscars have been contrived since the English Patient-Titanic-Shakespeare in Love trifecta in the late '90s. The Grammys... don't even get me started on that pile of shit.

LemonMacPhisto said:

24 only got a Lead Actor in a Drama nom for Kiefer, which is all it deserved.

I still think the Emmys are the most consistent "awards show" out of all of the major awards shows. The Golden Globes are a "who's the most foreign" contest, which is fine when the right people win, you know? The Oscars have been contrived since the English Patient-Titanic-Shakespeare in Love trifecta in the late '90s. The Grammys... don't even get me started on that pile of shit.
I really enjoyed The English Patient, but thought Titanic and Gladiator were crap. The Oscars have at least been somewhat in the ballpark in recent years: I've loved films like those by Clint Eastwood, as well as Sideways, and Paradise Now. Even if the best don't always win, some really great ones are nominated.

Hey, I noticed you have that guy from The Office in your avatar. He was on the 3rd season of Six Feet Under, which I've been watching. Pretty great show, although a bit depressing to watch alone -- or even with company.

Rainn Wilson aka Dwight, I'm so glad he was nominated this year. I've been meaning to watch Six Feet Under, too.

Back
Top Bottom