Eminem's new song --> I'm Cleaning Out My Closet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Holy Crap!! They played this last night on the radio for the first time and all I can say is :silent: I am speechless. I don't care for Eminem yet I listened to the entire song in sheer shock.....
If you are curious as to what I am talking about... read the lyircs.
My question--> How could someone be so hateful? It saddens me. Even if there is truth in his accusations, to grow up with so much resentment and anger is really sad.

Verse 1
Have you ever been hated or discriminated against? I have, I've been protested and demonstrated against. / Picket signs for my wicked rhymes. Look at the times. Sick is the mind of the motha fuckin' kid that's behind / all this commotion. Emotions run deep as ocean's explodin.' Tempers flaring from parents, just blow 'em off and keep goin.' / Not takin' nothin' from no one, give 'em hell long as I'm breathin.' Keep kickin' ass in the mornin,' an' takin' names in the evening. / Leavem with a taste as sour as vinegar in they mouth. See, they can trigger me but they never figure me out. / Look at me now, I bet ya probably sick of me now. Ain't you mama, I'ma make you look so ridiculous now.

Chorus 2X
I'm sorry, Mama. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleanin' out my closet.

Verse 2
I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it. So before they thrown me inside my coffin and close it, / I'ma expose it. I'll take you back to 73 before I ever had a multi-platinum sellin' CD. / I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months. My faggot father must have had his panties up in a bunch, / cuz he split. I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye. No, I don't on second thought, I just fuckin' wished he would die. / I look at Hailie and I couldn't picture leavin' her side. Even if I hated Kim, I grit my teeth and I'd try / to make it work with her at least for Hailie's sake. I maybe made some mistakes but I'm only human. But I'm man enough to face them today. / What I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb, but the smartest shit I did was take them bullets out of that gun. / Cuz id'a killed 'em, shit I would have shot Kim an' him both. It's my life, I'd like to welcome y'all to The Eminem Show.

Chorus 2X

Verse 3
Now I would never dis my own mama just to get recognition. Take a second to listen for you think this record is dissin,' / But put yourself in my position. Just try to envision witnessin' your Mama poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen, / bitchin' that someone's always goin' throuh her purse and shits missin.' Going through public housing systems, victim of Munchausen's syndrome. My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't 'til I grew up, now I blew up. It makes you sick to ya stomach, / doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me, Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me, Ma? / But guess what, yer gettin' older now and it's cold when your lonely. An' Nathan's getting' up so quick, he's gonna know that your phoney. / And Hailie's getting' so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful. But you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral. / See what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong. Bitch, do ya song. Keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom. / But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get. You selfish bitch, I hope you fuckin' burn in hell for this shit. / Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me? Well, guess what, I am dead. Dead to you as can be.

Id be a bitch too in his old shoes

I normally hate eminem, however I must say that Im impressed with that... good for him :up:

Personally, I really like the song.

I had a horrendous family life, and I know exactly how it feels to have that much anger and resentment.

I feel for him with what he's talking about in that song.

I :barf: hate this song - some weeks ago we had to listen to some Eminem songs in English class for getting a better English (as if listening to an arsehole would help anybody....) and we also listened to a song called 'To be like me' or 'Just like me' or something. It may be a new single of him, but I don't know. In this song he 'sings' :yawn: about what to do to be like him and one of the last lines shocked me: He told his lil fans to be like him they should sleep with ten HIV positive women! :| :mad: I mean, there may be enough smart fans to get that this is not for real, but there are certainly enough idiots who'd do everything for their idol. Eating psycadelic mushrooms or other stuff, like told in this song, was disgusting, but this about the AIDS infected women, really got me.

I hate Eminem for that! :mad:

Like Sicy said in another thread though...he's tellin' his mom he's sorry in that song, but then he blasts her in every other song...if he really cared, he wouldn't still be blastin' her.

I've read a couple articles about Eminem recently where he talks about his daughter though...he has a tremendous amount of love for her, which I think is beautiful.

Bonochick said:
Like Sicy said in another thread though...he's tellin' his mom he's sorry in that song, but then he blasts her in every other song...if he really cared, he wouldn't still be blastin' her.

That's the thing. He doesn't care, and that in now way is an apology. "I'm sorry mamma" is no apology. It's just a saying. Whatever. No one will agree here anyway.
I hate to think that anyone has had a bad childhood, but I know that that is living life through rose coloured glasses. I just think it;'s really sad that someone with so much hatred for life really, is a role model for our youth. It bugs me.

I hope he's not wondering why he feels he has to apologize to anyone.

I mean

it's not like he brought it all on himself.
soupson.gif
soupson.gif

Ok, look, I'm sorry Em had a rough life but let's look at the facts

-he grew up in Warren, MI. I'm from the Detroit area and Warren is not "the 'hood". Its a blue collar working class neighborhood but not some run down burnt out hell hole.
-he also lived in St. Joseph. Mo. Again no mansions but not a bad place to live. Again, not burned out and run down.

so yes, his life may have been bad but it could've been worse contrary to what he wants you to believe. Maybe his mom was addicted to prescription drugs and his dad left him, but he isn't the only one that has happened to. However, most of those people aren't talking about shooting their parents and the mother of their child.

FallingStar said:
some weeks ago we had to listen to some Eminem songs in English class for getting a better English (as if listening to an arsehole would help anybody....) [/SIZE]

That shocks me that your teacher would pick him of all artists to help you speak English better.

Does you teacher know the content of his music?

I wouldn't want anyone to think that we all talk/think that way.

pound for pound the best rapper on the planet

saw the video today. it was pretty good.

i am prob the only person here who happens to like his music. i really like this new album.

Re: pound for pound the best rapper on the planet

U2ME3 said:
saw the video today. it was pretty good.

i am prob the only person here who happens to like his music. i really like this new album.

Actually, I do like some of his music. But I just don't really understand parts of this song.

Klodomir said:
Good for Em that he's getting all that off his chest.
Im w/Klodo.
Umm.
He did what most artistic/poetic ppl do..ie-'put your feelings on paper, express yourself' and put music to it..
He didnt hold back..he even made himself vulernable..:ohmy:

Without sounding cliche' anyone that reads this openly and nonjudgementally can FEEL this young fellow's pain..
There is hostility , anger and sadness also.
This is a good example of what happens when a self-absorbed parent neglects their most important responsibity..-their children:idea:
Now Em is making money on it calling his Ma out, promising NOT to make the same mistakes she did.

Now I may go buy his record.
Thanks Angel-

DB9
:idea:

I'm going to download this song tonight and see if I like the way it sounds too.

Btw, it is not Eminem's job to raise the nation's children. That is the responsibility of their parents. If their kids are listening to Eminem and they feel that he's a bad influence, they need to sit down and discuss his songs with the kids, as well as explain poetic license and what may have caused him to write this song. You can't shield kids from all the evils of the world, but you can raise them to listen with an open yet critical mind.

P.S.: Please stop agreeing with me, Diamond. It's not good for my image.

Klodomir said:
I'm going to download this song tonight and see if I like the way it sounds too.

Btw, it is not Eminem's job to raise the nation's children.
P.S.: Please stop agreeing with me, Diamond. It's not good for my image.
Beautiful one-
Image-Schimage;)
Plez shut your mouth.:sexywink:
Im agreeing w/you here again too.:yes:;)
My little-girls know that we dont listen to "Slim-Shady" records.:mad: -Cuz he is not a gentleman.

DB9
:idea:

Last edited:
Well, I agree with you both Diamond and klodomir.
Shocking as it is, it's better for him to get it out there, than to bottle it up and end up killing someone like he nearly did, but at the same time I dunno. I feel it's more for shock value than anything else.
I am sure his childhood sucked, but there are many who have suffered far worse and aren't on the radio swearing about it.

My point was just that I found it sad, that's all. There is just way too much anger in the world, and songs like this don't help.

Whatever.

It's got a good groove, I will give him that, and as far as rap goes, he's probably the only rap artist I would listen to, whether I like his content or not.

Angel said:
Well, I agree with you both Diamond and klodomir.
Shocking as it is, it's better for him to get it out there, than to bottle it up and end up killing someone like he nearly did, but at the same time I dunno. I feel it's more for shock value than anything else.
I am sure his childhood sucked, but there are many who have suffered far worse and aren't on the radio swearing about it.

My point was just that I found it sad, that's all. There is just way too much anger in the world, and songs like this don't help.

Whatever.

It's got a good groove, I will give him that, and as far as rap goes, he's probably the only rap artist I would listen to, whether I like his content or not.
Exactly.
Perfectly stated.
Only inAmerica does posting your laundry sell well and Interfernce.Com:ohmy:;):cool:

DB9:cool:

Speaking of dirty laundry, I've heard that eBay have now banned used underwear from their auctions. Blech!

daisybean said:
That shocks me that your teacher would pick him of all artists to help you speak English better.

Does you teacher know the content of his music?

I wouldn't want anyone to think that we all talk/think that way.

I hardly believe that my teacher understands any English song - and I mean this. He said he liked the song and some of Eminem's lyrics would be really 'poetic' (how stupid does one have to be to even think this?!), but he couldn't understand everything anyway :rolleyes: . I wanted to bring some U2 songs with me, but he prefered listening to real English - he doesn't have any clue who U2 are :mad: .

Those people who really think on their own here know that real English speaking people don't use this kind of language - and the rest (including almost my entire class) don't care anyway for things that don't concern themselves. :(

theres an upside.

well whatever horrible happened to him then is now fueling his skillz which helps him to provide for himself and the beloved hailey.

Back
Top Bottom