Eminem or Moby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eminem or Moby

• Moby

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Eminem

Votes: 27 49.1%

• Total voters
Moby because:

All of the things Martha said :up:

and...we have the same birthday, one year apart.

eminem, no contest.

moby has made the same album twice in a row--and it wasn't even that great to begin with. eminem, along with the roots, dj shadow, blackalicious, el-p, mr. lif and a few others, is the best thing going in hip-hop.

Last edited:
mug222 said:
eminem, no contest.

moby has made the same album twice in a row--and it wasn't even that great to begin with. eminem, along with the roots, dj shadow, blackalicious, el-p, mr. lif and a few others, is the best thing going in hip-hop.

:up:

I couldn't have said it better. I think Eminem is a BRILLIANT lyricist. I'm not a big fan and I don't even own any albums of his, but to me, there's much more vunerability and passion in Eminem's music than Moby's.

Moby's personality really annoys me. I think he's VERY passive-agressive and tries too hard to be liked. Moby is always very "PLEASE love me, I'm a nice guy!" whereas Eminem is more "Fuck you for not loving me." Eminem just seems like a much more complex and interesting person, while I have no desire to learn anything about Moby because he puts himself out there too much. If that makes any sense at all. :shrug:

i love eminem. the guy is a lyrical genius. i like moby as well but eminem is more talented.

I voted for Eminem.

It was a slow process, he has grown on me.

I like Moby a lot, but am tiring of him.

Sure, Eminen is a mess, but if you get pass the controversy there is something there.

Last edited:
meegannie said:

:up:

I couldn't have said it better. I think Eminem is a BRILLIANT lyricist. I'm not a big fan and I don't even own any albums of his, but to me, there's much more vunerability and passion in Eminem's music than Moby's.

Moby's personality really annoys me. I think he's VERY passive-agressive and tries too hard to be liked. Moby is always very "PLEASE love me, I'm a nice guy!" whereas Eminem is more "Fuck you for not loving me." Eminem just seems like a much more complex and interesting person, while I have no desire to learn anything about Moby because he puts himself out there too much. If that makes any sense at all. :shrug:

Good points. I love Moby ... but actually I thought it was kinda pathetic when he made that public apology to Eminem at the European music awards. Completely unnecessary and I think it was all about that 'love me' thing. Moby still rocks, though--great live show--and I do have a soft spot for him. But I think Eminem is a bit of a musical/cultural revolutionary (not unlike Madonna in the 80's) and when he gets over his pissed-off-at-the-world thing, we might start to see some real incredible stuff. Or, he may not get over the pissed-off thing in which case we could still see some incredible stuff.

And what deep said. :up:

Well... I like Moby, but I don't think he's great, or any kind of musical genius. Nor do I really think Eminem is. I like Eminem but would never buy a CD of his. I think his latest song is a masterpiece... Moby is quite talented though, and having seen him live, there is a lot going on in his music. It's a tough call, because the two artists couldn't be more different. I really dislike rap, but for some reason, like Eminem. I admire his balls. :crack: :lol:
Tough call...

I guess my votes for Eminem, just 'cause well... I dunno. No, my votes for Moby... he does have a very passive personality, but I don't think he really cares who likes him. I think he's just that lukewarm a person. :| Ok... my vote then is for... I guess... Moby, because he doesn't write about hate. I like Eminem, but his lyrics really put me off half the time.

Eminem- because he enunciates so very well. I also think that his lyrics are witty and somewhat insightful. I do actually like Moby, but he's lost the je ne sais quoi he once held. I really don't feel that you are either for one or the other. I read an article about Moby the other day and he was quoted as saying he found the whole eminem thing ammusing - as he had never met him.
I personally find it hilarious because it's like - why would you hate Moby? other then the fact that he is the biggest sell out ever. Every track on Play has been sold multiple times, which makes me lose some respect for our dear Mr. Moby as well. So all in all eminem wins, also I think he would buy me a 4-0, which puts him up there in my opinion.

Moby...hands down...
As talented as eminem is....the whole pissed off thing is wearing a little thin....someone needs to show him that there ARE other emotions other than anger......I dunno why...but this "I'm a whiny pissed off 20 something millionaire rapper" thang.....enough already....if you're so freakin unhappy....fork over the dough...I'll surely find ways to be happy:mac: :macdevil:

I'd vote for Moby, if only because I love "Play" so much. Eminem is incredibly talented and has got killer sharp wit, but frankly I find most of his songs way too self-obsessed to really get something from his music. Granted, a lot of great artists wrote plenty of great songs from the same "me-me-me-precious-me" sort of place, but the way Eminem does it just alienates me for whatever reason.

They both rot.

I vote for John Denver.

delts-alums-denver-john-1980s-1.jpg

I'm surprised by the fact that I couldn't choose, but went with Moby anyway, just because I don't really like rap/hiphop, but I have some respect for Eminem.

i went with eminem. moby's annoying and is a playa hata. moby just seems to be putting on this "please please like me" facade, whereas eminem lets you take him as he is. eminem doesn't care what you think of him.

besides, eminem said it best himself, "nobody listens to techno!" :tongue: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom