Eek, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything's better than staring at the ceiling.

I'm working on one right now; it should be ready in a few ...

(Just went out to take a photo for it after failing to find a suitable alternative anywhere in my collection.)

:lol: This is the first time I clicked on your blog link. "Dot Dot Curve: I hope to god we never have use this one." Genius. *reads*

It felt SO FUCKING GOOD to move away from there, let me tell you.

No doubt. I'm sure it felt similar to when we moved out of our trailer home a few years back. However, we slowly discovered that our current home was a shitbox disguised as a newly-remodeled condominium.

Where we live now is pretty unattractive externally (despite being only five years old), but it's nice inside - and that's the key, since when you're inside, you don't have to look at the place! As far as inner suburbs apartments go, the living area is pretty spacious. I'd love a better kitchen, but all in all I'm content to stay put. Plus it's nice to have a couple of balconies and hence some outdoor space of my own for the first time since I left Brisbane!

:lol: Sounds excellent.

There is a person at work who is asking us when she should take her vacation, as if we should have any clue about her personal life. Well, I suppose we should, since she talks about it all the time, but in under a month, we've learnt to tune her out. Why should we care what days she picks for her holidays, other than so we can plan a party to mark the occasion? She's also the kind of crazy that will sniff your hair when you're not looking. I wish that was an exaggeration, but no. She was sniffing other people's hair last week.

One of these days, I'm going to design my own house.

... shame it'll be quite a while before I can afford to get it built or anything. :sigh:

I'm just another member of Generations X and Y with no belief I'll ever be able to achieve home ownership.

tumblr_lg32k5vOl91qbva07o1_500.jpg

It's about goddamn time, really. America's car dependence is scary.

(So, to a similar extent, is Australia's. It was bliss being in Europe.)

Upon re-reading the article, this could be a good thing. It'll take a freakin' miracle to happen, but if you think about it, besides creating a better infrastructure, it's going to create jobs for the duration of the project they're going to need people to build the high speed rails and the trains and stuff. It's like Obama's taking Lewis Black's advice on how to stimulate the economy: Build A Big Fucking Thing.

YouTube - Lewis Black Big Fucking Thing

That probably was last week. But do you realise where they have placed Queensland? since Brisbane is part of Queensland....

:laugh:

... oh, ffs. Way to fail at geography, CNN! :lmao: Don't tell Bonnie, she'll never want to go back to Tassie again!

Many people would have probably liked the idea of Queensland being Tasmania over the last few weeks. :D

This is post 22122.

22122.png

Drawing by Ally of hyperbole-and-a-half from her God of Cake post. Alteration by me. Somehow, I thought this was appropriate.

No worries, good luck with it. :D

Cheers.

Sweden's a good choice, though if I'd been around last night, I'd have suggested Norway.

Ah, okay then. Though I suppose all of Scandinavia could be used as a reference point. Thanks. :)

God, what happened there. The ALP now is further right than some incarnations of the Liberal Party were.

(Even scarier, UK Labour is now more right wing than the pre-Thatcher Tories were.)

Everything's right-wing nowadays. :scream:

Vlad's in Europe. I put him back in Belarus.

...I typed in Gallifrey. It found some nothing little town in Northeastern England. :huh: I'm confused.

Baaahaha, just got a Ticketmaster e-mail inviting me to buy INXS tickets at 2-for-1. Can we say "totally fuckin' past it"? They must be quite desperate.

I was so saddened ...

... but this makes up for it completely.

Haha, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom