Eek, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huzzah! Congrats to them indeed. Did you happen to place a small bet at the start of the season that now means you've bankrupted your bookie and become a millionaire? :hyper:

No I didn't, but I DID win the Interference playoff pool, and if the Packers had won with a touchdown instead of a field goal, I would've won $50. I did win $5 out of the touchdown cup though, so I only lost $4 on the night, so, not bad.

Christ, you'd think Tim Finn would be too old for this late night nonsense! :crack: Should be worth it though!

Any chance of getting one via a QOTSA message board or something? No ticket drops?

I checked the official board and it's dead, dead, dead. Didn't have much luck with unofficial stuff either! I will remain optimistic.

Cloud Control at the Forum on March 25... ack, why did I start looking at gig guides when I need to save money?!

Oh yes, I saw that a few days ago ... same night as Alpine/Sparkadia at the Hi-Fi, so that counts us out.

As for dinner, not sure East Brunsy would be the best - the nights to go there for good priced food are Monday and Wednesday. Though I wouldn't really say no!

WTH? Tim Finn comes on at 11:15....we might as well go to the footy before hand!

I expected about that, given what the scheduling for Friday/Saturday gigs can be like. Don't recognise either of the openers ...

A dog adopted us as her new people tonight. Came up on our porch while my mom was outside and decided we were her new family. Loves Riley to death, puts up with Alzheimer's Dog trying to play Casanova, well-behaved, house-trained. She's a pug, so Riley named her Plug. So we have a new dog for the time being. She's been taken care of by the people she wandered off from, so we're going to try to find her real people, but we really want to keep her.

:cute:.

In other news, the Unity Candle came today, Thank God. I don't know if I mentioned in here or not, but David's Bridal was trying to tell me it wasn't going to get here until the 15th when I ordered it on, like, the 31st of January.

:cute:.

In other news, the Unity Candle came today, Thank God. I don't know if I mentioned in here or not, but David's Bridal was trying to tell me it wasn't going to get here until the 15th when I ordered it on, like, the 31st of January.
:hyper: Five days! Are you excited?

No I didn't, but I DID win the Interference playoff pool, and if the Packers had won with a touchdown instead of a field goal, I would've won $50. I did win $5 out of the touchdown cup though, so I only lost $4 on the night, so, not bad.

Nice! Congrats ;)

Christ, you'd think Tim Finn would be too old for this late night nonsense! :crack: Should be worth it though!

I checked the official board and it's dead, dead, dead. Didn't have much luck with unofficial stuff either! I will remain optimistic.

At least it's a Saturday... are you working that day?

And bugger about the QOTSA boards. Fingers crossed!

Oh yes, I saw that a few days ago ... same night as Alpine/Sparkadia at the Hi-Fi, so that counts us out.

As for dinner, not sure East Brunsy would be the best - the nights to go there for good priced food are Monday and Wednesday. Though I wouldn't really say no!

Ah right... Can I tempt either/both of you to see Guineafowl on March 4? You can download "In Our Circles" from Triple J's unearthed site, and there's a video on YT for another of their songs called "Botanist".

I'm out of ideas for dinner, so I'll let you three work out what you want... just let me know and I'll rock up. :wink:

A dog adopted us as her new people tonight. Came up on our porch while my mom was outside and decided we were her new family. Loves Riley to death, puts up with Alzheimer's Dog trying to play Casanova, well-behaved, house-trained. She's a pug, so Riley named her Plug. So we have a new dog for the time being. She's been taken care of by the people she wandered off from, so we're going to try to find her real people, but we really want to keep her.

:cute: also! I used to live next door to a pug when I was a small person... I fed it grass through the fence. It ate it, what can I say... *L*

Hooray! One less thing to worry about. :up:

Trashley, I'm still all "holy shit" about this wedding of yours and its imminence.

Clearly not enough of your friends have all got married in the last few years, Ax! I'm well used to it by now... *L*

Unless I'm criminally forgetting somebody, they'd be the second of my friends to get married (with a few more engaged). But it's not so much that, rather just that how quickly time flies. I'm still pretty confused how it's February 2011 now rather than July 2010 ... or July 2008.

I'm writing an exposition on the faults of Capitalism. I need a good example of a social democracy. Anyone, Axver? :)

Unless I'm criminally forgetting somebody, they'd be the second of my friends to get married (with a few more engaged). But it's not so much that, rather just that how quickly time flies. I'm still pretty confused how it's February 2011 now rather than July 2010 ... or July 2008.

Let's see... *thinks*

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least eleven of my IRL friends (or siblings of friends who I also know well) who have gotten married since I first met them. There are two more who have at least one child but aren't married (yet), and another two who are engaged (not to each other). There are probably many other people I was at school with who would be married now, but I don't keep in touch with them so they don't count. And some of those people who got married aren't married any more, but these things happen.

I guess I'm at that age the Skyhooks were singing about... "All my friends are getting married..." :wink:

But yes, the passage of time is scary, and getting faster every year. Where the hell did 2004 go?!

I mean as in now. But thanks for the help.

I settled on Sweden, after doing a bit of research.

Let's see... *thinks*

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least eleven of my IRL friends (or siblings of friends who I also know well) who have gotten married since I first met them. There are two more who have at least one child but aren't married (yet), and another two who are engaged (not to each other). There are probably many other people I was at school with who would be married now, but I don't keep in touch with them so they don't count. And some of those people who got married aren't married any more, but these things happen.

I guess I'm at that age the Skyhooks were singing about... "All my friends are getting married..." :wink:

But yes, the passage of time is scary, and getting faster every year. Where the hell did 2004 go?!

It's funny to think that a couple of generations ago, most of my friends would be well into marriage by the age of 23-24, yet now that's kind of early. I guess there's also something of a trend away from marriage, as obviously defined by Charlotte and I, who have no religious or cultural traditions to want one, nor any personal need. The only appealling part of marriage to us is the cake and alcohol that accompanies a wedding, and, well, we have cake and alcohol all the time anyway!

I mean as in now. But thanks for the help.

I settled on Sweden, after doing a bit of research.

Sweden's a good choice, though if I'd been around last night, I'd have suggested Norway.

Meant to multiquote this as well:

The Australian labor party under Bob Hawke.

God, what happened there. The ALP now is further right than some incarnations of the Liberal Party were.

(Even scarier, UK Labour is now more right wing than the pre-Thatcher Tories were.)

Ugh, stupid multiquote won't work right for whatever reason, it was user error though lol. Anyways, Reggo, pretty much getting all of the decorations put together and then getting them put up at the church and reception hall.

Thank you Ali, for the congrats on both the Playoff Pool and the hooray XD.

Ax, for me, the time has crawled pretty much, lol, but when I look back, it seems to have gone by incredibly quickly :uhoh:

And Daniel, what do you reckon about Cloud Control? *still tempted*

Its possible. The 25th yeah? Holly Throsby has a show on at the Corner that night, well I have never actually really listened to her, but have heard good things....I wouldn't mind going to either.

My only issue with Cloud Control would be getting to the gig on time! :laugh:

Ax, for me, the time has crawled pretty much, lol, but when I look back, it seems to have gone by incredibly quickly :uhoh:

It's funny how that works, huh. My grasp on time gets more tenuous every month, with things seeming to simultaneously fly past and take forever.

As far as you go, I have fond memories from two years ago of both you and LM talking to me about the other, at least partially unaware of what the other was feeling. :cute:

Its possible. The 25th yeah? Holly Throsby has a show on at the Corner that night, well I have never actually really listened to her, but have heard good things....I wouldn't mind going to either.

My only issue with Cloud Control would be getting to the gig on time! :laugh:

You should all be coming to see Alpine (and Sparkadia and Operator Please) at the Hi-Fi that night!

Oh goddamn. Trying to find a photo in my collection ... you have no idea how impossible this is. I swore I once took a shot of the front of the shoebox I used to live in, but do you think I can find such a photo anywhere.

I went through the number sequence completely on my point-and-shoot (so over 10,000 photos), and am close to finishing it for a third time on my SLR (so almost 30,000 photos). :yikes:

You should all be coming to see Alpine (and Sparkadia and Operator Please) at the Hi-Fi that night!

You mean Sparkadia (and Operator Please and Alpine) :wink: I've known about the Sparkadia gig for a while, didn't know those were the other bands as they aren't listed on the HiFi site. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom