Eek, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday night felt like pretty much a non-event here. Yeah, some decent downpours of rain at times, and the occasional bit of thunder, but hardly anything to make me bat an eyelid. Walking around over the weekend revealed a few branches lying around and Moonee Ponds Creek was doing a damn good impression of an actual watercourse, but that's it.

And huh, a cruise to New Zealand - how long does the Tasman crossing take? That stretch would surely be pretty boring.

Lots of lightning and thunder down here! It took me 90 minutes to get from Chadstone to Chelsea (normally a 30 minute trip), cos half of Mordialloc was flooded.

I think it's two days across the Tasman. They're leaving from Sydney and the ship bounces around the South Island first, going up the east coast, mostly doing sight-seeing stuff and not stopping much, then they stop a lot around the North Island.

Alison :wave:

What is everyones plans for Tim Finn this weekend? (As my mind wonders onto u2gigs and checking flights for Canada in July...of course I'm not going, but I had to look!)

I looked too... it's a bit prohibitive, especially when apparently every hotel in Moncton sold out before the show was even confirmed. I couldn't find a return flight for less than $2500 (most were closer to $3000), and I've got Dragon*Con a month later. :(

As for Mr Finn, I haven't made any plans yet... I guess dinner beforehand in Richmond would be an option?

Yeah, I haven't thought far enough ahead to Saturday! All for dinner somewhere. But where? Not the Corner itself, that's for certain.

I looked too... it's a bit prohibitive, especially when apparently every hotel in Moncton sold out before the show was even confirmed. I couldn't find a return flight for less than $2500 (most were closer to $3000), and I've got Dragon*Con a month later. :(

As for Mr Finn, I haven't made any plans yet... I guess dinner beforehand in Richmond would be an option?

V-Australia had flights to Vancouver for about $1000 each way.Where is Dragon*Con (whats the * for? :laugh:

I could give you a ride in if you wanted? I'd be coming in from Croydon Hills. Just not sure what the rest of my plans are for the actual day on Saturday.

Ax, has Charlotte been able to score a ticket for QOTSA?

Yeah, I haven't thought far enough ahead to Saturday! All for dinner somewhere. But where? Not the Corner itself, that's for certain.

Well, there's Gurkha's up on that other road (plus loads of other places, I think that fancy pizza joint is near there too), the Mexican place, the pub place opposite (that disappointed me with its lamb salad)... or we could go somewhere else entirely and then head to the Corner.

V-Australia had flights to Vancouver for about $1000 each way.Where is Dragon*Con (whats the * for? :laugh:

I could give you a ride in if you wanted? I'd be coming in from Croydon Hills. Just not sure what the rest of my plans are for the actual day on Saturday.

Yeah, I'm looking at V Australia and Delta for my trip to Dragon Con, which is in Atlanta... and I have no idea why people type it with an asterisk. I guess it could be to distinguish the initials (D*C) from DC? It's either the capital of the USA with lots of pollies poncing about in suits trying to run a country (or not), or it's a place with lots of geeks poncing about in stormtrooper costumes enjoying four days of refuge from the mockery of the outside world. :wink:

A ride in would be great, thank you, but it might be an idea to work out where we're eating and what's happening exactly before you commit to that. :) Plus my place is a fair way south of Croydon! Don't want you to go out of your way.

Thats right, you moved :doh: You did used to kinda live nearby Croydon though?, sorta?

Not really... I've actually moved slightly closer now, from Springvale to Mulgrave. *L* Don't worry about giving me a lift! :laugh:

I know someone who lived in Croydon or thereabouts... she's in Mooroolbark now.

Also, why is the little scarf-waving dude in your sig waving a Sydney Swans scarf? :wink:

Ah. Geographical EHPIC PHAIL! Thats alright.

Haha, its actually a Liverpool scarf, its a little miss leading with the Collingwood stuff underneath :wink:

Pretty terrible until recently (have just won 4 games in a row) Haven't had a good run for a few seasons, hopefully the tide is turning.

Haha, Charlotte and I were also wondering about the "Sydney Swans" scarf.

As for where to eat before Tum Funn, not sure if I'm keen for Gurkha's or not ... I mean, I love their food, especially their breads, but Charlotte and I have had it a couple of times lately, so something else could be interesting ...

Fudge! If you don't have one in a few weeks, you can have mine. I like 'em a lot, but I don't really wanna go on my own!

I'll keep it in mind :) I'd like to get hold of tickets so we can all go together! I'm hoping that as the date draws closer people will be more desperate to get rid of tickets, so prices might come down ... I hope so!

Haha, Charlotte and I were also wondering about the "Sydney Swans" scarf.

As for where to eat before Tum Funn, not sure if I'm keen for Gurkha's or not ... I mean, I love their food, especially their breads, but Charlotte and I have had it a couple of times lately, so something else could be interesting ...

Yeah, I dunno what I'll feel like. How busy would East Brunsy be on a Friday night? Or do you want to go Polish/Hungarian sort of interesting? (That place on Chapel St is Polish, right?)

No :scream: eBay prices are still fucking ridiculous - I love them, but I'm not paying $200+ to a scalper to see them :(

:(

Any chance of getting one via a QOTSA message board or something? No ticket drops?

Alison :wave:

What is everyones plans for Tim Finn this weekend? (As my mind wonders onto u2gigs and checking flights for Canada in July...of course I'm not going, but I had to look!)

I checked out the flights as well and unfortunately would have to sell a kidney to get to Canada from here.

By car it is a mere 56 days (with three kayaking sections of 5000ks plus to liven up the trip). Somehow I don't think it is going to happen this time :sad:

I checked out the flights as well and unfortunately would have to sell a kidney to get to Canada from here.

By car it is a mere 56 days (with three kayaking sections of 5000ks plus to liven up the trip). Somehow I don't think it is going to happen this time :sad:

:lol: I actually looked up the google map directions too... I don't think my car could float that far anyway, after seeing what happened on Top Gear when they tried to make amphibious vehicles. Alas. :(

I'm a little less scared then :wink:

Well, I was rather apprehensive when I saw the size of the parma! It did me for two meals quite comfortably. :up:

*buys ticket for Guineafowl* $13, bargain!

All I want to do is sleep for 72 hours or so. Must I really go to work? Really? I'll be much more productive when I'm not sneexing and coughing all over the place.

I take it congratulations are in order for the Packers...?

Winners of Super Bowl XLV! Only 6th seed to ever win the Super Bowl. They crawled from the very bottom of anyones expectations (except mine) and won it all :love:

All I want to do is sleep for 72 hours or so. Must I really go to work? Really? I'll be much more productive when I'm not sneexing and coughing all over the place.

Those sneexes are nasty, all right.

I sympathise on the sleep issue. :hug:

Winners of Super Bowl XLV! Only 6th seed to ever win the Super Bowl. They crawled from the very bottom of anyones expectations (except mine) and won it all :love:

Huzzah! Congrats to them indeed. Did you happen to place a small bet at the start of the season that now means you've bankrupted your bookie and become a millionaire? :hyper:

25th is a Friday night... Tickets are $32 or something like that (plus booking fee, no doubt).

Ye gods, really? Who are the supporting acts? And there's footy on?

Time to go home... :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom