Eek, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having another productive day (read: sitting on the superthread bored off my ass and knitting)

You call me by either name all the time.

:up:

Nothing like a lazy Sunday. I'm bored at work, but it looks like I'm going to have to go out of the office soon, so that will keep me busy.

I'm still tempted by flights and a trip to Canada for this "last show" of the 360 tour.

:up:

Nothing like a lazy Sunday. I'm bored at work, but it looks like I'm going to have to go out of the office soon, so that will keep me busy.

I'm still tempted by flights and a trip to Canada for this "last show" of the 360 tour.

:up: Sounds like fun.

Alison talked me into going to Dragon*Con with her in September. Shatner and Nimoy are going to be there! And I wouldn't have to pay to ship her Doctor Who Scarf to Australia, I can just give it to her at the Con. So I want to go. Being able to afford it is another story entirely.

I call shenanigans on how you spelled "shenanigans".

Or there's an inside joke I'm not aware of and I'm completely missing the point...

I looked at that word for a minute and knew something was wrong but couldn't remember what.

Yeah so I heard. The Wanderer? Did they end up playing Scarlet?

One guy made an obvious joke that The Wanderer had been played and hordes took him seriously. So funny.

And no, no Scarlet. 22 song set, usual stuff with no Stingray Guitar or Scarlet.

I looked at that word for a minute and knew something was wrong but couldn't remember what.

One guy made an obvious joke that The Wanderer had been played and hordes took him seriously. So funny.

And no, no Scarlet. 22 song set, usual stuff with no Stingray Guitar or Scarlet.
Sure it wasn't Vazza pulling her own mini-Kunstmuseum? :wink:

:up: Sounds like fun.

Alison talked me into going to Dragon*Con with her in September. Shatner and Nimoy are going to be there! And I wouldn't have to pay to ship her Doctor Who Scarf to Australia, I can just give it to her at the Con. So I want to go. Being able to afford it is another story entirely.

If I was to include a stopover in Pittsburgh as well (may as well make it 2 shows) makes it about $2400 without accom, living expenses.

Yeah, dunno how I'm gonna go about getting a permit from Nicole :wink:

Plane tickets from here to Atlanta are $451. I haven't had disposable income like that in about 3 years.

I can't believe flights are cheaper from LA to Atlanta than from... SLC, I'm guessing? Crazy.

Four days a week at uni is still better than five, especially when three of your five days started at 8am... :crack: Bloody first-year biology lectures.

Ax good luck with the confirmation thing today! (I think it's today?) You'll be fine... :hug:

I can't believe flights are cheaper from LA to Atlanta than from... SLC, I'm guessing? Crazy.
By $125! Jeebus. 'Course, if I can find a cheap flight from here to LA for under that...:hmm:

Argh, I can't even scrape together $200 to get my tires fixed, what am I thinking?

Clearly Adam Clayton.

Ax good luck with the confirmation thing today! (I think it's today?) You'll be fine... :hug:

Yeah, this afternoon. It sounds like it should all just be a formality. I just hope I'm awake and well enough! Feel fairly healthy, worried the early morning may bite me ...

Poor Jo'burg... :(

Looks like they did get a bit of a Scarlet snippet after all, but not the full song ... it was in the printed set!

Only when it suits me.

For example, I am not Adam Clayton whenever somebody has to play bass on One during a U2 concert.

:laugh:

Another stripe done! Whoscarf is nearing 50% completion.

Yeah, this afternoon. It sounds like it should all just be a formality. I just hope I'm awake and well enough! Feel fairly healthy, worried the early morning may bite me ...

Looks like they did get a bit of a Scarlet snippet after all, but not the full song ... it was in the printed set!

I seem to have misplaced a comma somewhere...

Yeah, I can't imagine it'll be anything demanding. You know your stuff anyway.

Wow, ripped off! I take it there were more sources there than for Perth, at least?

Only when it suits me.

For example, I am not Adam Clayton whenever somebody has to play bass on One during a U2 concert.

I was going to say, if you were Adam Clayton, you'd be playing Mofo or One Tree Hill on bass, even if the rest of the band was playing Pride or something. :wink:

Yeah, I can't imagine it'll be anything demanding. You know your stuff anyway.

Wow, ripped off! I take it there were more sources there than for Perth, at least?

I hope so! Heading into uni in about an hour.

Looks like they DID get Scarlet after all ... just Bono didn't sing. He talked over the whole thing while the rest of the band played.

And yes, sources weren't too bad, though at times contradictory.

I hope so! Heading into uni in about an hour.

Looks like they DID get Scarlet after all ... just Bono didn't sing. He talked over the whole thing while the rest of the band played.

All will be well!

Huh, that might be worse than just getting a snippet. :slant:

I was going to say, if you were Adam Clayton, you'd be playing Mofo or One Tree Hill on bass, even if the rest of the band was playing Pride or something. :wink:

I think the set would end up looking like this:

1. Beautiful Day / 11 O'clock Tick Tock (snippet)
2. I Will Follow
3. Get On Your Boots / Wire (snippet)
4. Magnificent / Exit (snippet)
5. Mysterious Ways / One Tree Hill (snippet)
6. Elevation / God Part II (snippet)
7. Until The End Of The World / Acrobat (snippet)
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Love Is Blindness (snippet)
9. North Star / Wild Irish Rose (snippet)
10. Pride (In The Name Of Love) / Alex Descends Into Hell (snippet)
11. In A Little While / Mofo (snippet)
12. Miss Sarajevo / Lady With The Spinning Head (snippet)
13. City Of Blinding Lights / Lemon (snippet)
14. Vertigo / Zooropa (snippet)
15. Crazy Tonight / Please (snippet)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Like A Song (snippet)
17. Scarlet
18. Walk On / The Fly (snippet)

Encore(s):
19. One (sans Adam)
20. Where The Streets Have No Name / Bad (snippet)
21. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22. With Or Without You / Last Night On Earth (snippet)
23. Moment of Surrender / Gone (snippet)

I think the set would end up looking like this:

1. Beautiful Day / 11 O'clock Tick Tock (snippet)
2. I Will Follow
3. Get On Your Boots / Wire (snippet)
4. Magnificent / Exit (snippet)
5. Mysterious Ways / One Tree Hill (snippet)
6. Elevation / God Part II (snippet)
7. Until The End Of The World / Acrobat (snippet)
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Love Is Blindness (snippet)
9. North Star / Wild Irish Rose (snippet)
10. Pride (In The Name Of Love) / Alex Descends Into Hell (snippet)
11. In A Little While / Mofo (snippet)
12. Miss Sarajevo / Lady With The Spinning Head (snippet)
13. City Of Blinding Lights / Lemon (snippet)
14. Vertigo / Zooropa (snippet)
15. Crazy Tonight / Please (snippet)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Like A Song (snippet)
17. Scarlet
18. Walk On / The Fly (snippet)

Encore(s):
19. One (sans Adam)
20. Where The Streets Have No Name / Bad (snippet)
21. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22. With Or Without You / Last Night On Earth (snippet)
23. Moment of Surrender / Gone (snippet)

it's kind of frightening how quickly you whipped that out.

Another stripe done. Who says I'm not being productive?

It went really well! The DJ almost gave me a coronary, but mostly things were wonderful. We're very very happy :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom