Eddie Vedder makes guest appearance at Seattle's Neil Finn show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yeah, I just got back from this excellent show! It was at a very intimate venue called the Showbox. Neil Finn was wonderful. Such a beautiful voice and you could really tell that he loves performing, and he was so funny too! At one point during the show a guy yelled out, "Bring on Eddie!" and Neil was teasing us by saying, "Which Eddie? The good eddie or the bad eddie? What's the name of a bad eddie?" And someone shouted out Eddie Haskell from leave it to beaver. Also, towards the end, a person handed Neil a chocolate bowl filled with cookies and he handed the cookies out to everyone in the audience and then when he says, "Shit, is this bowl made of chocolate??" and then he said, "Perhaps I could have a chocolate hat!" and he wore the bowl on his head.

Anyway, Eddie Vedder came on with his trademark mohawk that he is sporting these days and played a set during the first encore. The crowd went wild. They started out playing "The Kids are Alright." I dont know what the other songs were called. I thought I should post about this for all you eddie-loving girls out there.

Lisa Germano was there playing violin and back-up vocals. I read on the Neil Finn website that Johnny Marr was in attendance in SanFran or something and that they played "How Soon is Now." We didnt get Johnny but I cant complain cause we got Eddie. I would talk more about the music but I was not familiar with most of the songs because I am a relatively new fan.

They played three encores! The first one with eddie and the second one was supposed to be it but the crowd was applauding so much that just as the house lights started to go on Neil came running back out with an accoustic guitar and said he had to play one more song because we were so enthusiastic and he played Dont Dream its Over. The whole audience seemed to sing their hearts out along with it. What a great show!

in the immortal words of Monty Python "You lucky lucky b******) I mean that in all niceness and everything of course...

I love Neil, he's one of the funniest guys in the world and such a great musician. I'd love to see his show.

Sounds magical and fun calluna. Glad you were there and thanks for telling the story here.
Funny you mention Lisa Germano. Hub read her name from an album sleeve a couple of days ago, can't recall which one at the moment....maybe David Bowie's Heathen.

I think I told you, I saw Split Enz a long time ago now...Neil was just a boy. And what a man that boy has become...."try to catch the deluge in a paper cup..."
A chocolate bowl with cookies?...what a nice audience:) Intimate venues are THE best.

OMG cass, you lucky dog! I'm going to the NY show next Friday. Ah, how I wish Eddie Vedder would be there. :) I'm a relatively new fan of Neil Finn too, though, after getting the "7 Worlds Collide" cd.

I'm finally getting to see Neil Finn live in Chicago here on Sunday...can't wait. Crowded House are my favorite group after U2 and Bruce. 'Together Alone', their final studio LP, is every ounce an absolute classic.

Neil's tour has been incredible from the reviews/setlists I've seen. The west coast shows featured ex-Smiths virtuoso Johnny Marr on guitar (renditions of "There Is A Light" and "How Soon is Now?" were performed), Grant Lee Phillips, and now Eddie Vedder in Seattle. Lisa Germano, Neil's touring violinist/keyboardist, is a super talent in her own right.

Yeah, for anyone who doesn't own the 7 Worlds DVD, it's brilliant...can't wait for Sunday!!!

Back
Top Bottom