Ed Harcourt appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
So I'm listening to Maplewood for the first time in a while... :heart: ED :heart:

I LOVE 'He's Building a Swamp'....

Dec 15th. I'm ready.

ed opened for neil finn in san diego on july 2, 2002. i got a really nice neil poster that has ed listed underneath. he put on a great, moody, intense show. not a long enough set to sway new listeners, but still blew us away!

I can't listen to "All of Your Days Will Blessed" or "Shanghai" without picturing him a the keyboard being his insane Ed self....fuzzy leopard print guitar strap....SNUG....

ed_harcourt-4-0.jpg

44.jpg

edh.jpg

:heart:Eddie H:heart:

Mr. Harcourt is on my ever growing 'guys who I probably will like considering I've heard one of his songs that I like but I don't have any f**king time to listen to because i have all THESE to get through' list.

:yes:

Do you have a scanner? If so, scan the card! :hyper:

I'll take a picture of mine with my digital camera when I'm back in London. :D

:heart:Christmas with Ed:heart:

edited b/c: i couldn't find it and panicked and posted that, but then i found it... :D I'll try to take a pic of it, no scanner...

Last edited:
The_Sweetest_Thing said:

The video for Apple of My Eye is absolutely priceless :heart:

I just watched that today...it was the first time I'd ever heard one of his songs. I :heart: it!

I think you'd like him, BC. He reminds me of Ryan Adams sometimes, personality-wise.

And he has the best hair in music. :up:

Resurrecting this thread because I am seeing him tomorrow night!!! :D Very excited...tiny venue and Ed. :)

I want to see Ed again. Really bad. :scream:

Why can't he come back to America and play somewhere near me? :|

(can you tell I got one of his albums since the post I made above, in 2003? :wink: )

He is playing America, actually! :) Not sure if it's anywhere near you, but here are dates:

Ed is currently in the US of A playing shows to support the recent release of Strangers over there. Dates are as follows:

Tues 19 - Pittsburg, PA - Club Cafe
Wed 20 - New York, NY - Piano's
Thu 21 - Northampton, MA - Iron Horse Music Hall
Sat 23 - Boston, MA - Paradise Lounge
Sun 24 - Philadelphia, PA - Tin Angel
Tue 26 - Hoboken, NJ - Maxwell's
Wed 27 - New York, NY - Piano's

Last edited:
MORE ED! :D

And BC, I totally agree with Megan's comment about him being like Ryan Adams, personality-wise. He is the British equivalent in many ways, it seems! :)

"On August 8th, Ed Harcourt is releasing a compilation album titled 'Elephant's Graveyard'.

The album will only be available as a digital download and is a collection of now deleted b-sides, a couple of magazine covermount tracks, the odd international album bonus track and - exclusively - four previously unreleased songs. Coming soon to edharcourt.com will be audio clips from a few of them, plus the cover artwork (painted by Ed himself) and, in Ed's own words, the thinking behind the album and his personal recollections on each song.

Full tracklisting (and source) is:
1. The Unlucky One (previously unreleased)
2. T Bone Tombstone (from Something In My Eye)
3. Here Be Monsters (from Something In My Eye)
4. I've Become Misguided (from She Fell Into My Arms)
5. When Americans Come To London (from She Fell Into My Arms)
6. Alligator Boy (from Apple Of My Eye)
7. Weary And Bleary Eyed (from Apple Of My Eye)
8. Last Of The Troubadors (from Apple Of My Eye)
9. Little Silver Bullet (from Apple Of My Eye)
10. Sleepyhead (from Q magazine's cover CD, 'Rise And Shine')
11. Coal Black Heart (from All Of Your Days Will Be Blessed)
12. Blackwoods Back Home (from All Of Your Days Will Be Blessed)
13. Still I Dream Of It (from Still I Dream Of It limited edition single)
14. The Ghosts Parade (from Still I Dream Of It)
15. Angels On Your Body (from the Japanese version of From Every Sphere)
16. The Hammer And The Nail (from the North American album From Every Sphere)
17. She Put A Curse On Me (Parts I & II) (previously unreleased)
18. The Iceman Cometh (previously unreleased)
19. Asleep At The Helm (previously unreleased)
20. Sugarbomb (from Watching The Sun Come Up)
21. Paid To Get Drunk (from Watching The Sun Come Up)
22. Atlantic City (from an Uncut magazine covermounted CD)
23. Deathsexmarch (from This One's For You)
24. Mysteriously (from This One's For You)
25. Only Happy When You're High (from Born In The '70s)
26. Breathe A Little Softer (from Born In The '70s)
27. Every Night (from Loneliness)
28. Epitaph (from Loneliness)

Don't fret if you already have all / most / many of them, as each song is available individually but if you feel like splashing out, you should be able to get the whole thing for about a tenner."

yertle-the-turtle said:
my ever growing 'guys who I probably will like considering I've heard one of his songs that I like but I don't have any f**king time to listen to because i have all THESE to get through' list.

I have that kind of a list, too :|. So many artists to get into, so little time/money.

Anywho, regarding Ed...I've just recently started hearing of him thanks to some people at other boards I visit. And I heard a couple of his songs within the last couple of months "Born In The 70s" and another one whose name I can't think of right now. I like the first song, and from what I recall, I didn't mind the other song I'd heard, either :).

Angela

I'm jealous. That release is on Sam's birthday. And involves elephants. He'd better be releasing an album about penguins on September 23rd. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom