DVD Player suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I'm getting a DVD player for Christmas! I'm not sure what kind to get...I know very little about them.

My budget is $200.

I'd like to get one with a built in VCR...then I can keep my old VCR for dubbing tapes.

Any suggestions? best brands, features, etc.?

Sicy said:
:yes:
Consumer Reports just rated this the best of 8 DVD/VCR combos they tested. However, they warned in their review that you can find separate DVD players and VCRs that have more features for less than the total price of a combo unit. They also cautioned that if one component breaks, the whole unit needs to be sent out for repairs. The biggest advantage of the combo units was that they took up less space than two separate players.

I'm a Consumer Reports geek. :wave:

combo units are generall a bad idea for the reasons given above. Same goes for TVs with built in video/dvd. They might seem good value, but you'll get better quality components if you buy seperates.

Apart from that, stick to the big names (Sony, Toshiba, Pioneer, JVC Panasonic etc.), you get what you pay for in this sort of thing, dont go for unknown Japanese brands.

Oh and if you want to get the most from DVD, get a home theatre system. Just not the same without 5.1 speakers.

Back
Top Bottom