DVD help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
not sure if this is the right place, mods can move it if you want, I have some problems with my U2 DVDs:

when I got my Boston discs for my birthday (this september) they played fine in the player on my computer, which uses WinDVD. Then a few months later, the audio and video got all choppy and full of static. I was very confused, there are NO scratches on either CD, so thought maybe it was because I had installed these codecs. I don't know ANYTHING about this kind of stuff, so I restored my computer and the Boston discs played fine.

Now the problem is back, I can't play the Boston discs or the Best Of, everything is choppy and full of intense static. I can't even play normal DVDs like Ocean's 11 or I Am Sam. The wierd thing is that my Best Of promo disc works fine, always has.

anyone have any insight?

i get the same problem too.......on my pc

but i also have a problem playing the even better than the real thing video...

it seams to freeze half way though the song, then you have to restart the dvd player again

Awwwww, honey I'm sorry your discs are being screwy, wish I could help :hug:

I'm annoyed because the options don't highlight on my screen (when playing on a dvd player). I have to very carefully count as I'm pushing the down button to select what I want, if I pick wrong then I hit menu, and it just goes to the EBTTRT screen :banghead: This was actually a problem with the History Mix DVD too.....:madspit:

DVDs are very resource intensive on a computer, and, if you're using WinDVD, I'm guessing you're using a Windows-based PC. What I would try is uninstalling WinDVD and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, Windows has a tendency to corrupt and slow down (yes, even with Win 2000/XP) and your only solution may be to completely reformat and reinstall your system. However, try uninstalling and reinstalling WinDVD first.

Melon

melon said:
DVDs are very resource intensive on a computer, and, if you're using WinDVD, I'm guessing you're using a Windows-based PC. What I would try is uninstalling WinDVD and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, Windows has a tendency to corrupt and slow down (yes, even with Win 2000/XP) and your only solution may be to completely reformat and reinstall your system. However, try uninstalling and reinstalling WinDVD first.

Melon

been there, done that. even different versions of WinDVD. the software that comes on the DVD doesn't work either. I've uninstalled just about EVERY program on my computer that has anything to do with audio or video and still nothing works......

I bought the Best of DVD and there was a moment during the Last Night on Earth video where the video started messing up. It was the part when the Edge reves the car in the abadoned car dealership and then drives it through the window.

I returned the DVD to the store, but the copy I exchanged it for, did the same thing at the same moment in the video.

Has anyone else had a problem, or am I cursed?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

been there, done that. even different versions of WinDVD. the software that comes on the DVD doesn't work either. I've uninstalled just about EVERY program on my computer that has anything to do with audio or video and still nothing works......

Then I would seriously suggest reformatting your drive. Admittedly, I do this at least twice a year to reclaim my optimal performance, and, because I have a second hard drive to place all my documents and personal data files, I have no problem. I recently had to reformat and reinstall my computer, and, yes, I couldn't play DVDs without huge performance issues beforehand. I don't know what else to say...holler at Micro$oft. I'm fairly certain that five years from now, it will be as easy to play DVDs without hogging all the system resources, just as the difference between playing MP3s on a Pentium II versus Pentium 4s.

Melon

Last edited:
melon said:

Then I would seriously suggest reformatting your drive. Admittedly, I do this at least twice a year to reclaim my optimal performance, and, because I have a second hard drive to place all my documents and personal data files, I have no problem. I recently had to reformat and reinstall my computer, and, yes, I couldn't play DVDs without huge performance issues beforehand. I don't know what else to say...holler at Micro$oft. I'm fairly certain that five years from now, it will be as easy to play DVDs without hogging all the system resources, just as the difference between playing MP3s on a Pentium II versus Pentium 4s.

Melon

how exactly is this done?

Back
Top Bottom