Dungog, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't heard anything about Etihad at this stage. The Age doesn't mention it in its last revision, but the airport's closed, a cinema/shopping complex has been evacuated, all the train services are totally messed up, etc.

More photos up now too: Wild weather

New Zealand fighting back but I don't think they have enough wickets in hand to topple the Aussies ... 2 wickets left, and Cricinfo currently shows them as needing 53 off 48. Still, Vettori's at the crease ...

:lol:

If it were, it'd be on telly. :grumpy:

It's in Auckland. They had a brief rain delay earlier, but nothing quite on the scale of what's gone down here!

Oh wow, we now need less than a run a ball to win.

But that doesn't change the fact we've only got two wickets in hand ...

:tense:

Make that ONE wicket in hand.

FUCK.

Well, at least it was Bond rather than Vettori. Though oh god, Southee to the crease ...

New Zealand won the last one, yeah, this one's coming right down to the wire after we looked totally out of it ...

I'm not sure I've ever been so on the edge of my seat just through following text updates.

Well that's the game. New Zealand falls 13 runs short, with Vettori out on 70 off 49. Regardless of the result, what an effort by the Kiwi bottom order. The top order batsmen are tits on a bull.

Well that's the game. New Zealand falls 13 runs short, with Vettori out on 70 off 49. Regardless of the result, what an effort by the Kiwi bottom order. The top order batsmen are tits on a bull.

*L* Maybe they should invert the batting order...

No thread's yet to achieve that ... honour. Probably only a matter of time.

Tonight is Epic Pizza Night at the Axver residence. Please leave your name, address, and full bank account details, and for the low, low price of all the money in your name, I will send you a slice in the mail!

I'm just about giving it away!

Screw Angry Angus. Angry Axver is where it's at.

:rockon:

Is picspam on the cards?

Nah, can't be fucked getting out the camera. :lol:

Looking forward to when this thing comes out of the oven. Should be less than 10 minutes away now ...!

Forget about dinner table manners just shove your face into it, or a head-desk sort of thing.

Manners are for people who aren't enjoying their food enough.

You know what I hate? When people I know who are in the military (lifers) bitch about only getting a 1.4% raise this year. And when you try to tell them that they're lucky to be getting any sort of raise at all, and to think about the middle-aged people who've lost their jobs and houses due to the recession, their hillbilly backward military bucko friends (with the vocab of a 6-year-old with down-syndrome) call you a tree-hugging-hippie. And they say your opinion isn't valid because you've never served in the military.

I really hate elitist narcissists. I mean, really. People like that propagate the stereotypes they put on others.

x2 to that, Andrew.

And on a totally unrelated note, the pizza I made was indeed worthy of the hyperbole.

Well, Saints killed the Dockers 115-45 at Etihad. Smallest crowd I've ever seen, thanks to the storms. :lol:

So that'll be a Dogs vs Saints final next week ...

And I'm out for the night. :wave:

what an utterly depressing weekend this has been so far.

hopefully the conditions at Flemington Racecourse tomorrow can withstand a 10 hour festival....

:sigh:

hopefully the conditions at Flemington Racecourse tomorrow can withstand a 10 hour festival....

Quoth The Age:

Heavy downpours and possible flash flooding could be expected from about 3pm, Weatherzone meteorologist Max Gonzalez said this morning.

"The heavy downpours will continue today, there's not going to be any break in that," he said.

"Chances are that thunderstorms will redevelop this aftenoon, bringing flash flooding and damaging winds and hail.

"There's a good chance we could see a repeat of yesterday."

:uhoh:

Up at 6am to go to work.

On a Sunday.

Why does this time exist. :crack:

Because YOU'RE INSANE.

Back
Top Bottom