Dungog, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Came home, can't be bothered doing homework for at least another half hour. :laugh:

Take out 'for at least another half hour' and you have the story of my high school life.

Topped four out of five subjects that way. :up:

Take out 'for at least another half hour' and you have the story of my high school life.

Topped four out of five subjects that way. :up:

I normally only start homework at 5pm since I just can't gather the energy to start it as soon as I get home.

These days I tend to work at two mutually exclusive times of the day, i.e. I have to choose one or the other: 6-10am or midnight-4am.

Charlotte's sort of forced my hand this year to 6-10am, since it works best for us catching up. Which is good, since I like working in the morning and then having the rest of the day to do whatever, rather than sitting around doing whatever all day while constantly feeling that I better bloody do work before I go to sleep. The latter is much easier to do, though, and it's how I got through most of undergrad.

In an ideal world, I'd stay awake and work midnight-9am, since I find that the most productive time of day for me, but the realities of the real world mean that just isn't happening for me.

These days I tend to work at two mutually exclusive times of the day, i.e. I have to choose one or the other: 6-10am or midnight-4am.

Charlotte's sort of forced my hand this year to 6-10am, since it works best for us catching up. Which is good, since I like working in the morning and then having the rest of the day to do whatever, rather than sitting around doing whatever all day while constantly feeling that I better bloody do work before I go to sleep. The latter is much easier to do, though, and it's how I got through most of undergrad.

In an ideal world, I'd stay awake and work midnight-9am, since I find that the most productive time of day for me, but the realities of the real world mean that just isn't happening for me.

That's a lot like me.

The Big Pink were good. :up:

They played for an hour - would've liked a bit more. First half hour was excellent. Too Young To Love, At War With The Sun, Velvet, Frisk, and capped off with Crystal Visions. Very powerfully performed, engaging, and At War, Velvet, and Crystal Visions are three of my four favourites by the band (the other being Golden Pendulum, which they didn't play).

The second half hour was more hit and miss. It was Count Backwards From Ten, A Brief History Of Love, Tonight, a cover of Otis Redding's These Arms Of Mine (totally dull waste of time; where's Golden Pendulum guys?!), and finally the predictable Dominos. Didn't feel as engaged, and the momentum didn't maintain quite so strongly. Still good, and the crowd obviously was most into it for Dominos.

Suspect that if the band's next album has some more catchy stuff like Dominos, they'll be playing in a bigger venue next time. I don't know; during the first half of the show I kept had this feeling that in five or six years I'd be able to say "yeah, I was there when they did the Hi-Fi" (like how I wish I could say that about Muse), but the second half made me not sure. We'll see what the future holds for these lads.

:yawn: Mornin'.

Thank fuck it's Friday! I can sleep all weekend!

Oh no wait, I took a shift on Sunday from 7am - 12pm. That's after working Saturday 2.30pm - 10pm. :crack:

I expected to be more tired after not getting enough sleep.

I'm sure as soon as I get to uni I'll start yawning and say absolutely nothing of use to anybody.

:lol: Listen to Linton Samuel Dawson non-stop while writing your thesis. I guarantee it'll be the best thing ever written. You will be the greatest history.

i lol'd at your last message danny.

i didn't know half the songs and i was creaming half the time.

and then when they played Baba O'Riley with the lights on :faint:

Two scientists are racing
For the good of all mankind
Both of them side by side
So determined

Locked in heated battle for the cure that is the prize
But it's so dangerous
But they're determined

Theirs is to win
If it kills them
They're just humans
With wives and children

Upwards to the vanguard
Where the pressure is too high
Under the microscope
Hope against hope

Forging for the future but to sacrifice their lives
Both of them side by side
So determined

Theirs is to win
If it kills them
They're just humans
With wives and children

Theirs is to win
It will kill them
They're just humans
With wives and children

Theirs is to win
If it kills them
They're just humans
With wives and children

i lol'd at your last message danny.

i didn't know half the songs and i was creaming half the time.

and then when they played Baba O'Riley with the lights on :faint:

All in our spare time of course :wink:

Pink Floyd snpipettry!!! I must admit I don't know all the songs either, but man it sounds so good!

I remember some Gremlins ride at Movieworld ...!

Maybe see if danny can upload it for you, i would...er but i'm at work and its about 200mb. I could give you my login, but maybe they'll start to get suspicious that its been downloaded 3 times in 2 days

Whatever suits. I probably can't download it except overnight anyway, so no rush.

Back
Top Bottom