Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
So far, we've visited...

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was not Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Gimme a Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Axver's a Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Orange Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Anaheim, California, USA
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- LemonMacPhisto's failure
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost)
- Dildo, Newfoundland
- Haiku Valley, Hawaii
- Hole of Horcum, England
- Cumbum, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hell For Certain, Kentucky
- Devil's Dyke, Sussex, England
- Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
- Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- Three Cocks and the Truth, Wales
- Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka
- Tittybong, Victoria, Australia
- Humptulips, WA
- Sugar Tit, SC
- End of Earth, Michigan
- Big Boner Lick State Park, KY
- Kholat Syakhl, Russia
- Adelaide, Australia

Now we arrive in Dumb Hope, allegedly located in Northumberland, UK. As the only online record of its existence is its appearance on several "hhahahahaha funny place names lolz" lists, it fittingly may or may not exist.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i thought one of the criteria for these places was they had to be real? none of this "supposed" stuff?

it's on some lists. i couldn't find it on google maps uk, but it also isn't an address. it is not on wikipedia (nor does that make a place real, except for axver's backyard) but neither are several others we've culled off this type of list

Varitek said:

Now we arrive in Dumb Hope, allegedly located in Northumberland, UK. As the only online record of its existence is its appearance on several "hhahahahaha funny place names lolz" lists, it fittingly may or may not exist.

thread rights revoked. :|

Varitek said:

it's on some lists. i couldn't find it on google maps uk, but it also isn't an address. it is not on wikipedia (nor does that make a place real, except for axver's backyard) but neither are several others we've culled off this type of list

Thread rights even more revoked.

Varitek said:
since a couple people have decided to make "rules" for the locations of these threads, along with "privileges" for making threads, it's only fair to make everyone follow these rules :|

KhanadaRhodes said:

since a couple people have decided to make "rules" for the locations of these threads, along with "privileges" for making threads, it's only fair to make everyone follow these rules :|

:up: :up: :up:

the tourist said:

I said what I said.

Listen, you're clearly pissed bcause I said a few threads ago that it bothers me when you post every 15 seconds to yourself when the thread is slow but I'm still around (not sure if it goes on when I'm not there), because I feel that it kills potential conversation. Whatever, sorry I pissed you off.

I fully own that I can be callous, especially on the internet. (I am less so in person, but still more than most.) I am, however, not paranoid, nor am I "not-understanding," just opinionated. I still have the ability to understand, empathize, sympathize, etc, with most things and people.

KhanadaRhodes said:

There is a big difference between a place with no website that is in all likelihood real and about which I chose to make an ironic joke, and "this baby's eyebrow."

As for other places, I think Disneyland was kinda lame, but I loved Fenway and I was both creeped out and a little bored and a little proud of Jamaica Plain. :shrug:

Varitek said:

Listen, you're clearly pissed bcause I said a few threads ago that it bothers me when you post every 15 seconds to yourself when the thread is slow but I'm still around (not sure if it goes on when I'm not there), because I feel that it kills potential conversation. Whatever, sorry I pissed you off.

I fully own that I can be callous, especially on the internet. (I am less so in person, but still more than most.) I am, however, not paranoid, nor am I "not-understanding," just opinionated. I still have the ability to understand, empathize, sympathize, etc, with most things and people.

I on the other hand am genuinely an asshole. So, I'd be happy to take any abuse you've got pent up.

I guess in my european travels next year I will have to go to Northumberland and see if this place exists.

if I can be bothered in amongst Amsterdam, Paris, Vienna, Munich, Berlin, Lisbon, Warsaw, Istanbul, Athens, etc.

Varitek said:
I guess in my european travels next year I will have to go to Northumberland and see if this place exists.

if I can be bothered in amongst Amsterdam, Paris, Vienna, Munich, Berlin, Lisbon, Warsaw, Istanbul, Athens, etc.

Amsterdam, Paris, Vienna, Zurich, Dumb Hope, Berlin, London

It fits right in.

Varitek said:

Opinionated people preying on people weaker than them is a dimension of "not-understanding." And no, don't you fucking apologize. You don't mean it. I know you don't mean it. Don't kid yourself into thinking you mean it.

And great--you know you're callous online. Generally people's real thoughts come out when they post online because there is no fear of repricussion. Especially here. Other than "getting banned." You're too harsh with Screwtape. Do you know the librarian? How do you know she'll laugh? If you're not callous in real life, then neither would you. But as well as I know you, you probably would.

And since I'm no longer ignoring you (for this post anyway), no, I will not upload The Raconteurs' "Consolers of the Lonely" for you. Do you pay for any music at all? When it comes to people like you, I understand Martha's point. And why can't you call your boyfriend "boyfriend"? Is his legal name "EITS guy"? Do his parents really hate him that much? Or are you just so non-commital/indifferent that you can't call him that? Is "boyfriend" offensive to an enlightened soul such as yourself? And why the fuck are you posting un-confirmed bullshit places?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom