Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

The Auckland isthmus is narrower than Panama ...

Though given Auckland traffic, yeah, you probably would have a better chance of survival in Panama.

clearly you did not see prison break season 3

Axver said:

Or, for that matter, anything of Prison Break at all.

probably not your thing

i still highly highly highly highly recommend you watch arrested development. start at the beginning, as they build inside jokes. honestly i think it's got some of its inspiration in fawlty, in that they use a combination of extremely awkward moments, physical comedy, and subtle wit.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah wtf is wrong with people

hodgirls-1.jpg

Varitek said:

probably not your thing

i still highly highly highly highly recommend you watch arrested development. start at the beginning, as they build inside jokes. honestly i think it's got some of its inspiration in fawlty, in that they use a combination of extremely awkward moments, physical comedy, and subtle wit.

I'll get around to it sometime.

Not sure when that sometime will be. When do you vanish off to the land of no Internet?

Axver said:

I'll get around to it sometime.

Not sure when that sometime will be. When do you vanish off to the land of no Internet?

june 11, i should really say tomorrow though and swear off it til i'm done with my work.

it's not no internet, just internet cafes. $ and comfort sacrificed, so def. less internet time.

Hi Jen! :wave:

How are you? You missed some serious drama in the Superthreads today, that's for sure.

Varitek said:
now what would be a better dig at hillary for the white thing? a confederate flag, or a kkk flag?

Confederate, I think.

Seems she'd be quite happy to divide the party to suit her ego, so I think it'd be more fitting.

Varitek said:

june 11, i should really say tomorrow though and swear off it til i'm done with my work.

it's not no internet, just internet cafes. $ and comfort sacrificed, so def. less internet time.

Ahh, OK. I was going to say I'll definitely get around to watching in the uni winter holidays, but they don't start until after then.

I will sometime though, assuming I find a good torrent and such.

hey jen :wave:

too late i went with kkk. i am still not sure which i prefer, but no more thoguht needs to go into a blog comment

Yeah, KKK also works. I initially wasn't sure which to suggest, but then I remembered some stupid stuff I've heard in defence of the Confederacy and it reminded me of Hillary.

Axver said:
Yeah, KKK also works. I initially wasn't sure which to suggest, but then I remembered some stupid stuff I've heard in defence of the Confederacy and it reminded me of Hillary.

confederacy: more emphasis on dividing the party/country, some racism

kkk: chock full o' racism

Axver said:

Ahh, OK. I was going to say I'll definitely get around to watching in the uni winter holidays, but they don't start until after then.

I will sometime though, assuming I find a good torrent and such.

well email me or something if i'm not around here to tell me how you like it. note that i will never speak to you again if you don't acknowledge that it is the best show ever.

dunno about torrents though.

And supporters of the Confederacy will tell you it was all just a misunderstanding and they were emphasising other issues, not racism or anything nasty like that.

Varitek said:

well email me or something if i'm not around here to tell me how you like it. note that i will never speak to you again if you don't acknowledge that it is the best show ever.

dunno about torrents though.

:lol: Good luck on getting me to think it's better than Fawlty Towers. That isn't going to happen.

We discovered that apparently Andrew doesn't like Vazza, to the surprise of almost everyone.

This followed from the absolutely unsurprising back-and-forth banter with Screwtape about what he should say to the librarian who has a boyfriend.

Varitek said:

fine, the best non-1970s-UK tv show ever

It's got some stiff competition from the likes of Blackadder and Black Books. You're just about making me want to track it down now to see what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom