Duke Special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This guy is probably the best thing to come out of Belfast since Van Morrison, the songs on the album (Songs from the Deep Forest) are very vaudeville at times, all piano based, with gorgeous melodies, Do not be put off by his awful awful dreadlocks:wink:

Last Night I Nearly Died
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUzwhuR0OUw

Portrait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUzwhuR0OUw

He was on Jools Holland last night for those in the UK, and luckily I will be seein him live next saturday:D

Yeah, I saw him on Jools Holland. Love the fact that he sings in an irish accent rather than some bland transatlantic one. I was one step ahead of your thread and yesterday checked out the video for Last Night I Nearly Died with the bears in it :sad:

I know practically nothing about him or how much stuff he has released. Is 'Songs From the Deep Forest' a good starting point?

Well just some extra info, Duke Special is Pete Wilson, tis his real name. He has been part of several bands before he started duke special in 2002...there are 3 EPs that I know of (which I have just ordered) and an album that combines two of the EPs...but Songs from the Deep Forest is the only proper Duke Special album, so yep it is a good startin point;)

The Last Night I Nearly Died video, is really sad, but great video all the same. You should see the video for Freewheel though...horrible, horrible video:wink:

My personal favourites would be Wake Up Scarlett, Brixton, Freewheel and Slip of a Girl.

I'm just really excited because well uhh last good thing from Belfast was Van the man, not really much since that I can think of.

I shall definitely be looking into more of his stuff - I really like those two songs and the other one he did on Jools Holland.
I've discovered quite a few artists via Jool Holland's show :bow: and they haven't disappointed me yet.

Jools Holland is the best music show there is in the UK....he just has so much variety on it, something for everyone literally, plus he is a brilliant entertainer himself!

Back
Top Bottom