DSL/ISP question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I currently have Bellsouth DSL service. The two-wire modem has gone out on me three times in the last 24 hours. I've heard some complaints that this service is a little unstable. Does anyone have Verizon? Is it more stable? I'm getting tired of conked out modems.:mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm not sure what you have in your area but I think you are around Birmingham? (remembering from the Hurricane threads). I think Bellsouth, Earthlink DSL, and Charter are the main broadband providers there but maybe they have Verizon too. :hmm:

Anyway I had Bellsouth for a long time and ended up cancelling it because I started having problems that they couldn't fix. :censored: I have Comcast cable now and it's much more stable for me. It really depends.....

Anyway um have you asked them for a new modem? If it's going out that often :mad: they should replace it. Maybe something to try?

We are about to get an upgrade. Maybe that's causing the problem. This has only been going on in the last 24 hours and the upgrade is going to be implemented tonight, so I'll wait until after the upgrade and see what happens.

verte76 said:
We are about to get an upgrade. Maybe that's causing the problem. This has only been going on in the last 24 hours and the upgrade is going to be implemented tonight, so I'll wait until after the upgrade and see what happens.

Oh wait, are you getting the speed upgrade? If so then yes that is probably what is causing your problems. They have to reset your connection a few times to do the upgrade.

yeah umm I worked in the broadband industry for..awhile. Gee can you tell? :crack:

If you do decide to switch providers and you do have Verizon in the area, I have them and have never been happier. Their customer service and features that they offer with their broadband are outstanding. Hope you get your internet probs figured out. :D

I'm a little confused about this upgrade. But the fact that this has only been an issue for the last 24 hours and I've had this service for fourteen months makes me leery of making a snap decision about changing. If the problem keeps on happening, yeah, I'll change, if not I'll stay put.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom